Franck Kessie, anyone?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That's twice I've properly watched him and he was terrible both times. He thinks too slowly for the PL.
That'd be a pretty big problem if true, we've already got one Andreas Pereira. :(

sidsutton

That's twice I've properly watched him and he was terrible both times. He thinks too slowly for the PL.
The quality of his performances against us were exaggerated beyond belief. It was baffling that somehow a section of the fanbase worked themselves into a frenzy that he would be the solution to our midfield problems.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's having a pretty substandard season in general, yesterday's was far from an isolated performance

poleglass red

The quality of his performances against us were exaggerated beyond belief. It was baffling that somehow a section of the fanbase worked themselves into a frenzy that he would be the solution to our midfield problems.
Its a problem on this site, too many people jump on the bandwagon for players they've either, barley seen or merely heard of, from another poster.

CraftySoAndSo

He's nowhere near worth 9 mil a year. He's in his 5th season at milan, was average to poor for the first 3 and was brilliant last year and now thinks he's worth all that money. His problem is after his season last year he should've kept his head down and really push on, instead he's demanding too much money creating a contract standoff and his head's gone. So top clubs will be looking at a player who's had potentially 1 great season in 5 asking for 9 mil a year, who's really going to go for that?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
From Football365

‘DECISIVE’ RALF
Manchester United are “moving decisively”, under orders from Ralf Rangnick, to beat Tottenham and PSG to the signing of AC Milan star Franck Kessie.

Kessie is set to leave the San Siro at the end of the season when his current deal expires, and a swathe of top European clubs have been linked.

Spus and PSG looked set to do battle but United have now entered the fracas.

Italian journalist Rudy Galetti says the Red Devils are “moving decisively” for the midfielder and will at least match the €10m per year salary said to be on the table from the other suitors.

Patchbeard

Thought he looked good against us but then shite against the scousers. So maybe he would be an improvement but not a great one.

gajender

We have enough average to decent midfielders already no need to another one to the list .

Satsuma United

No thanks.

Kessie has had enough brain-farts in Serie A, United better stay away from this guy.

Judas

Open to offers
The frothing at the mouth over this lad is so bizarre and purely based on a completely alright performance against us. So many midfielders look superb against us, it's not rocket science to work out why.

Litch

The frothing at the mouth over this lad is so bizarre and purely based on a completely alright performance against us. So many midfielders look superb against us, it's not rocket science to work out why.
I agree. If we are honest many of these signing most have never really seen play and I doubt they are turning on their sky boxes to watch Milan. Even with the genuine world class players we have signed, I always pass judgment after they put on the Utd shirt, it just weighs different to any other. I think Rice is also a nice player but you need the thickest skin and balls you carry round in a wheelbarrow to play at Utd. The forensic nature people will unpick of your game plus it’s one of few clubs that you can be on the front and back of the red top papers at the same time…..

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He was superb last season and I'm not sure there's been "frothing at the mouth" over him this season so...seems fairly normal that players playing well gets people excited?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The reason why they are in bankruptcy

160k a week and no transfer fee for a player of his calibre is a good deal I think. He will be a fantastic signing for them.

OleGunnar20

Would be a great signing, a big upgrade on either of McFred I think (and I think both have their role to play for us).

Just seems like one of those that makes too much sense for us to go for unfortunately.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Wouldn’t mind him here at all, but I haven’t seen any reliable links to us lately.

Will be interesting to see the next midfielder we sign. Whoever it is, I would be surprised if their attributes weren’t very similar to Kessie’s.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
160k a week and no transfer fee for a player of his calibre is a good deal I think. He will be a fantastic signing for them.
Would he? Isn’t he another all action no.8 type midfielder? I would assume they already have Pedri and Frenkie in those sorts of positions — they surely need a Busquets heir?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Would he? Isn’t he another all action no.8 type midfielder? I would assume they already have Pedri and Frenkie in those sorts of positions — they surely need a Busquets heir?
I agree, he certainly isn’t the 6 that will take over from Busquets, but he is a quality 8 for a reasonable wage for a top club like Barcelona.

I can’t see de Jong being there next season. For comparison, he is rumored to be receiving over £18 million a year in salary!

I think they will try to move him on and bring in Kessie as an alternative.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
That’s assuming it’s the gross salary not the net. In Spain and Italy they usually report the net figure. Which would make his weekly about 330k a week, plus bonuses. Still not terrible when you consider there’s no transfer fee to amortise, but still hard to imagine it’s sustainable for them without more big sales/departures. De Jong being the obvious one. That would free up some serious wages, and bring in a good fee.

From De Jong to Kessler is a major downgrade however. Whichever way you look at it.

PoTMS

He is what Pogba thinks he is and we are not even being linked to him. I despair with this club sometimes.

youmeletsfly

Would be a great signing, a big upgrade on either of McFred I think (and I think both have their role to play for us).

Just seems like one of those that makes too much sense for us to go for unfortunately.
We ain't going for shit until we find out who the next manager is, no matter if the player costs 2 mil or 100 mil.

Zoo

He is what Pogba thinks he is and we are not even being linked to him. I despair with this club sometimes.
He’s hype. Pogba was a class above him when the two teams met.

MartinRed

Everyone said the same thing about Rodri.
Yes, but Rodri compensate it with positioning and near to flawless decision making.Many times when I watched Kessie he seemed like a headless chicken doing stupidity after stupidity.I think the intensity in the PL won't suit him especially in any of the top sides.

Pintu

He’s hype. Pogba was a class above him when the two teams met.
Pogba knew Italians would be watching and wanted to remind Juve owners of what he was capable of. They will try to sign him on a free.