Frank Lampard | Former Chelsea manager

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
#LampardOut trending on Twitter as Chelsea fail to win first game of preseason.

A 1 min look revealed Chelsea fans still bitter about the sacking of Conte. I suspect the majority of peoople using the hashtag are mocking those the minority that never wanted him in the first place?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...emians-friendly-Chelsea-fans-reaction-twitter

Journalism hits a new low, it's bad enough idiots on Twitter have taken this seriously, lost for words!!
You are right it’s appalling journalism.

One of my bugbears is news outlets reporting twitter quotes as they mean anything, it’s complete laziness. If I want to read Twitter I will, I’d like to read a news article that’s written by an actual journalist not an intern trawling Twitter. It’s utterly pathetic.

It’s like someone writing an article based on the utter garbage that’s written on the Caf - written by irrational, emotional keyboard warriors that do not represent the fan base.

I expect those quotes are Arsenal or Fulham fans having a bit of a laugh. It can’t honestly be anyone who is serious, and even if they were, it’s not in anyway newsworthy.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You are right it’s appalling journalism.

One of my bugbears is news outlets reporting twitter quotes as they mean anything, it’s complete laziness. If I want to read Twitter I will, I’d like to read a news article that’s written by an actual journalist not an intern trawling Twitter. It’s utterly pathetic.

It’s like someone writing an article based on the utter garbage that’s written on the Caf - written by irrational, emotional keyboard warriors that do not represent the fan base.

I expect those quotes are Arsenal or Fulham fans having a bit of a laugh. It can’t honestly be anyone who is serious, and even if they were, it’s not in anyway newsworthy.
My biggest greavance beyond what you've pointed out regarding quoting twitter is how a lot of them don't do basic research.

It's one thing when an opposition fan says something ignorant about a situation at my club (I've probably done it in reverse myself tbf) but we'll well journalists doing it is inexcusable.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Express story just clickbait.... All newspapers desperate for attention in the online age... So we get stories like that.

All we learned from this game is that Lampard definitely isn't trying to continue Sarri system. Not sure where that leaves Jorginho, maybe he'll fit in a two like Pirlo did.

Our squad is really pretty mongrel, lot of good players but played totally different every year. Not easy job for Lampard making an 11 and replacing Hazard creativity somehow.

AkaAkuma

I think Lampard will surprise a few people, but ultimately I think the number of games, Europe and domestic cups will catch up with them.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Just by googling the hashtag it's mind-blowing how many idiots have taken it seriously.
It was certainly a minority of fans on Twitter still bitter about the sacking of Conte. It was clear from their tweet history that they didn't want Lampard to begin with, and not a case of them being on board with Lampard and now Lampard out because of a preseason game. The majority of Chelsea fans on Twitter were being satirical, light humor of Chelsea's propensity to sack managers relatively quickly.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I think he'll do well. Seems knowledgeable and willing to learn his trade. Great tactics from his Derby side when we met them.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I'm curious to see the role Hudson Odio will have under the tutelage of Lampard

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

tbh it's worse Chelsea fans saying that than journalists reporting it as news worthy
No, it's really not and not even remotely close. You could pretty much find idiots on twitter saying anything about anything and everything.

No self respecting journalist or publication would even consider giving it publicity, Sadly those are few and far between in the modern era of "journalism".

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No, it's really not and not even remotely close. You could pretty much find idiots on twitter saying anything about anything and everything.

No self respecting journalist or publication would even consider giving it publicity, Sadly those are few and far between in the modern era of "journalism".
Ah yes Chelsea fan must defend other Chelsea fans :houllier:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just as you seemingly have to wade into every Chelsea related thread you see and post something negative.

Some things seem sadly inevitable.
What can I say there's a lot of negative things to be said about Chelsea and it's a nice break from saying negative things about my own club

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What can I say there's a lot of negative things to be said about Chelsea and it's a nice break from saying negative things about my own club
Fair enough!

As an experiment you should post only really positive stuff about Man United, Mourinho, Chelsea, Leeds and even Liverpool. See how long it takes to get a PM from a mod asking if you are ok.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Ah yes Chelsea fan must defend other Chelsea fans :houllier:
You clearly choose to see and interpret things as you wish to, please tell me where I "defended" Chelsea fans? I criticised the integrity of today's "journalists" and publications.

A huge % of Chelsea fans are brainless idiots, the same as a huge % of all other football club fans are brainless idiots, because a huge % of human beings are brainless idiots.

Pagh Wraith

Also think he will surprise people. The astonishing number of people who think this is a good appointment that is. Such a massive downgrade on Sarri.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
You clearly choose to see and interpret things as you wish to, please tell me where I "defended" Chelsea fans? I criticised the integrity of today's "journalists" and publications.

A huge % of Chelsea fans are brainless idiots, the same as a huge % of all other football club fans are brainless idiots, because a huge % of human beings are brainless idiots.
She can't help herself.

Chairman Steve

That’ll be him after 20 games. OGS and Moyes seemingly had their youth and vigor drained away from them after a few months in the Utd job.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
From what i've gathered the 4-4-2 diamond looked good in the last friendly and actually it seems to suit the makeup of the squad very well. Outside of Hudson-Odoi I actually think it suits almost every player we have well that I would bother to take into consideration (excluding Willian and Pedro) and Hudson-Odoi may not be a consideration beyond this season anyway...

I've always liked the diamond, we played arguably our best ever football in Carlo's title winning season with it.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
From what i've gathered the 4-4-2 diamond looked good in the last friendly and actually it seems to suit the makeup of the squad very well. Outside of Hudson-Odoi I actually think it suits almost every player we have well that I would bother to take into consideration (excluding Willian and Pedro) and Hudson-Odoi may not be a consideration beyond this season anyway...
I've always liked the diamond, we played arguably our best ever football in Carlo's title winning season with it.
Carlo wasn't really a Diamond it was more the Christmas tree formation. 4-3-2-1, Which is a good fit really for the squad with all the midfielders we have and wingers that can play as a number 10, you could in theory fit in 3 midfielders (Kante,Rlc,jorginho) with (Pulisic, Cho,Willian,Pedro) As number 10s with Kova,Barkley,Mount as back sub options

Last edited by a moderator:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Carlo wasn't really a Diamond it was more the Christmas tree formation. 4-3-2-1, Which is a good fit really for the squad with all the midfielders we have and wingers that can play as a number 10, you could in theory fit in 3 midfielders (Kante,Rlc,jorginho) with (Pulisic, Cho,Willian,Pedro) As number 10s with Kova,Barkley,Mount as back sub options
He started off with the diamond but then switched to the Christmas tree formation after (ironically) a really poor Christmas period where I think we won like 2 games out of 6 and even those were late winners in home games we played rubbish in (Pompey with a late pen and Fulham with a late OG).

I think the diamond could be a long term option if Odoi leaves (not against all opposition though mind, Liverpool especially would devour a diamond formation with how well they use the wide areas), but this season I feel it's a no no as we don't have enough attacking quality in the fullbacks, with James fully acclimatised to top level football and (hopefully) a top LB signed next year we should be more suited to that a year from now if Lampard wants to go there.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
He started off with the diamond but then switched to the Christmas tree formation after (ironically) a really poor Christmas period where I think we won like 2 games out of 6 and even those were late winners in home games we played rubbish in (Pompey with a late pen and Fulham with a late OG).

I think the diamond could be a long term option if Odoi leaves (not against all opposition though mind, Liverpool especially would devour a diamond formation with how well they use the wide areas), but this season I feel it's a no no as we don't have enough attacking quality in the fullbacks, with James fully acclimatised to top level football and (hopefully) a top LB signed next year we should be more suited to that a year from now if Lampard wants to go there.
Yes multiple shapes will be best for us going forward, unlike Sarri Lamps doesn't have a philosophical way of breaking down a team or masking weaknesses so we're gonna have to use individual brillance and unpredictability to take advantage

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Controversial Opinion: Lampard's Chelsea going forward reminds me of SAF's United.

Fast, confident, build-up from middle to the wings, and numbers in the box (near/far/edge of box) in the right place at the right time to score. Was looking at some videos yesterday, and the play looked so familiar.
They're going to get a few goals going forward. Defence is another story, but as we saw with Klopp, the correct signings can change that.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
We're gonna fecking win the World Cup!!

CHKBC

A likeable enough chap who plays a good style of Football. Still, it does not endear me to Chelsea after the horrid treatment some of their fans showed to Conte and Sarri.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
A likeable enough chap who plays a good style of Football. Still, it does not endear me to Chelsea after the horrid treatment some of their fans showed to Conte and Sarri.
Conte took the piss out of the fanbase for half a season and even then a fair chunk were still behind him.

I'll give the crowd were ott on Sarri though.

cyberman

Needs to show he can change it up and not fall apart like Ole when our split strikes formation got found out.
They seem to be overly reliant on those little side rule passes from wide

Bojan11

Second half of season will show us if he’s up to it.

Top four would be a great achievement considering rookie season and not allowed to sign anyone in the summer after losing their best player.

Guy Incognito

They are poor defensively but the other top four contenders are so bad it doesn't matter.

Spurs will probably nab fourth if Chelsea don't.