Frank Lampard | Former Chelsea manager

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think the one constant this season has been they're good at beating the shit teams and seem pretty shit against the traditionally tough teams. Everton away is normally tough, this season they've been shit but new manager brought a more normal and expected performance.

always_hoping

Honeymoon period well and truly over for Lampard. Didn't win any of their last two CL league games, knocked out of the league cup at home to United and have now lost 3 of their last 4 PL games.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Second half of season will show us if he’s up to it.

Top four would be a great achievement considering rookie season and not allowed to sign anyone in the summer after losing their best player.
They did get Kovacic, Pulisic as well as being back Mount and Abraham.

Granted not his choices but it's not like he doesn't want them... that's still four 'new' players (that are all in the team/important players)?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Spurs will probably nab fourth if Chelsea don't.
No doubt Spurs will finish above Chelsea and I would not be surprised if we finish above them as well.

I think he is doing a great job with the young lads but it is impossible for players like Abraham and Mount to keep the same form through the whole season. A midfield trio of Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic (has been great) will guarantee a top six finish.

As a side note; imagine if Kepa played for us or Livepool! The headlines would never end. He should be roasted a lot more.

Amarsdd

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Patchy performances are natural. Half of their side is very young, with little to no PL experience, managed by a coach just as green in his respective field.

For the most part, I’m impressed by Lampard’s start. I had them pegged as hopeless as their team had very little about it in terms of goals on paper. Interested to see how he recruits in January/Summer.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I knew we had losing 3-1 to Everton in us, to be fair. It wasn't even as bad as the Valencia game (I still don't even know what that was). As for people saying that we're shit against good teams, I was actually very pleased with some of our performances against some very good teams despite losing - sounds Arsenalish, but oh well.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Would much rather lose this game than the next one vs. Lille. Christensen's regression is very concerning and the squad is crying out for a proper left back. Azpilicueta is a warrior but he is so one footed at this point - ground multiple attacks today to a halt.

Also thought Jorginho was a huge miss today - not entirely sure what he's done wrong this season aside from having two of the worst penalties in history called against him (Watford & Valencia). He is so important in terms of transitioning the ball from defense to attack; personally I hope he plays against Lille.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I knew we had losing 3-1 to Everton in us, to be fair. It wasn't even as bad as the Valencia game (I still don't even know what that was). As for people saying that we're shit against good teams, I was actually very pleased with some of our performances against some very good teams despite losing - sounds almost Arsenalish, but oh well.
Totally agreed. We went toe to toe vs. Liverpool twice and gave Man City at the Etihad a serious go of it as well.

90 + 5min

I would say that his problem is similar to Ole. Young squad and results will go up and down. What I hope is that people talking about system Lampard has "implemented" try for once to understand that Lampard is not superior to Solskjaer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bad run of form for Lampard's Chelsea, which I suppose was inevitable. There's a clear pattern here wherein they seem thrive against the lesser teams their weaknesses (defence, inexperience) don't get exposed in the manner that they do against the tougher opponents. That's possibly also to do with having a more expansive system.

amolbhatia50k

I would say that his problem is similar to Ole. Young squad and results will go up and down. What I hope is that people talking about system Lampard has "implemented" try for once to understand that Lampard is not superior to Solskjaer.
You say as if this is something certain - that Lampard is not superior to Ole - and that it's something everyone should 'understand'. Personally I'm much more impressed by Lampard based on the first glance of his managerial career (at Chelsea). But it is only a first glance. How he builds on that early start and can keep refining and perfecting a style of play, chooses player in the transfer window and is as a motivator, all remain to be seen.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
OGS has been managing for more than a decade, Lampard is not even halfway through his second year.

I really don't see why they get compared so often.

90 + 5min

OGS has been managing for more than a decade, Lampard is not even halfway through his second year.

I really don't see why they get compared so often.
My post was just pointing out that Lampard is in similar situation as Ole and results are going up and down.

You say as if this is something certain - that Lampard is not superior to Ole - and that it's something everyone should 'understand'. Personally I'm much more impressed by Lampard based on the first glance of his managerial career (at Chelsea). But it is only a first glance. How he builds on that early start and can keep refining and perfecting a style of play, chooses player in the transfer window and is as a motivator, all remain to be seen.
It is certain. Lampard is not better (not saying that he is worse either). Every manager coaching young teams goes through some tough period. My point was that those putting Lampard high might look at last weeks and realise that Lampard maybe isn't who they thought he was. Just a good manager, like Ole. Working with young players and rebuliding team.

amolbhatia50k

It is certain. Lampard is not better (not saying that he is worse either). Every manager coaching young teams goes through some tough period. My point was that those putting Lampard high might look at last weeks and realise that Lampard maybe isn't who they thought he was. Just a good manager, like Ole. Working with young players and rebuliding team.
How random (and hence by nature, uncertain). Truth is, there is no certainty when judging managers who are inexperienced at this level. Based on their peformances this season, though, Lampard has been far more impressive. How that certainly shows that they are of the same level is strange. If anything Lampard has imposed his ideas (or has better ideas) on his team better.

As I've said before since for both it's early, there is little to no certainty. There can only be views one way or another. And for this level we don't really know of either is a 'good manager'. Ole has performed like anything but a good manager.

90 + 5min

How random (and hence by nature, uncertain). Truth is, there is no certainty when judging managers who are inexperienced at this level. Based on their peformances this season, though, Lampard has been far more impressive. How that certainly shows that they are of the same level is strange. If anything Lampard has imposed his ideas (or has better ideas) on his team better.

As I've said before since for both it's early, there is little to no certainty. There can only be views one way or another. And for this level we don't really know of either is a 'good manager'. Ole has performed like anything but a good manager.
Peformances are similar. Up and down. And his form lately is far from impressive although I understand as I said that he has young squad. And being beaten twice this year by a comparing manager is impressive?

cyberman

Their lack of goal threat through the middle is killing them and itll only get worse if they dont go big in January.
Theyre surprisingly one diemensional going forward and the English league is ruthless when tactics start to get sussed out

amolbhatia50k

Peformances are similar. Up and down. And his form lately is far from impressive although I understand as I said that he has young squad. And being beaten twice this year by a comparing manager is impressive?
Chelsea's peformances have been much better. That's why they're far ahead of us in the table. Needless to say I'd like for them to slump and us to go on a great run. But every team that has 'ups and downs' isn't the same. Chelsea have been better and that's why their manager isn't the one many fans want out. Time for that to change of course.

I mean, Everton have beaten Chelsea twice in a row in that fixture. It's an irrelevant point to make.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea's peformances have been much better. That's why they're far ahead of us in the table. Needless to say I'd like for them to slump and us to go on a great run. But every team that has 'ups and downs' isn't the same. Chelsea have been better and that's why their manager isn't the one many fans want out. Time for that to change of course.

I mean, Everton have beaten Chelsea twice in a row in that fixture. It's an irrelevant point to make.
Hmmmm I'm not so sure about this you know..

Very similar to United imo

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Hmmmm I'm not so sure about this you know..

Very similar to United imo
He should be doing better than us with the experience in the squad at his disposal.

He's an average manager at best. The difference between him and Ole is that Ole, despite the cafs overral negatitvity, has clearly progressed our squad and players are doing better under him than Mourinho. Players are getting worse under Frank and the teams form is dropping off.

Shark

@NotShark
He should be doing better than us with the experience in the squad at his disposal.

He's an average manager at best. The difference between him and Ole is that Ole, despite the cafs overral negatitvity, has clearly progressed our squad and players are doing better under him than Mourinho. Players are getting worse under Frank and the teams form is dropping off.
Rashford has been carrying Ole's team at the age of 22 and Fred was never as terrible as he was made out to be, he cost 50m after all. Who else has progressed? we're still leaking goals galore at the back despite him spending over 100m on Maguire and AWB.

Lampard also isn't good enough.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

You can't really think this. I'm mean both teams are doing bad, but that's so biased it's like Ole's mum wrote it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Hahathat's easy to say now.

People were taking the piss out of our squad in August and were saying we wouldn't even make Europe.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Lamps is in his second year managing. Ole has been managing for a decade

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You can't really think this. I'm mean both teams are doing bad, but that's so biased it's like Ole's mum wrote it.
I think both managers can point to improving performances by players under their management, for United it's hard to pick many players who haven't played better this season than last but then we've had a much bigger rotation in the squad than Chelsea so improvement in the likes of Fred for example could just be down to more game time now that the likes of Herrera are no longer around than anything Ole has done per-say. For Lampard he's got more out of Abraham than I expected he could and then the likes of Jorginho and Kovacic look better this season but is that just because they're now acclimatised with the PL now?

I'd say both are doing about even tbh, Lampard couldn't make signings in the summer whereas Ole has had to deal with far more injuries to key members of the squad. Neither are probably 100% secure in their jobs but it would be interesting to see how both could do if they hadn't be hamstrung by transfer bans and or injuries

SER19

Rashford has been carrying Ole's team at the age of 22 and Fred was never as terrible as he was made out to be, he cost 50m after all. Who else has progressed? we're still leaking goals galore at the back despite him spending over 100m on Maguire and AWB.

Lampard also isn't good enough.
Come on you must even see that this is not an impartial post. When a manager gets rid of a 75m top scorer, and puts trust in a young striker who shows by far and away his best ever form and a way more rounded game, you don't get to say he's 'carrying' the team. Somebody has to be top scorer and somebody has to be the best player. Solskjaer set up a team to get out of a player he trusted and both got rewarded.

MMctominay is far better. Fred is far better. Martial is better than any time since season one. Williams is a great promotion.

Our defence should have improved more but is the 4th best in league at the minute.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Lamps has the better foundation and squad.
99% of the nation this summer said we would be mid table at best. The lineup at Old Trafford was so mercilessly mocked one United fan tweeted "4-0 atleast or we should send Ole back to Norway".

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Changed the game at the emirates with his early sub, today he cost them against us, really hope wolves or sheff utd somehow get the last top 4 spot, the so called big clubs don't deserve it