Frank Lampard | Former Chelsea manager

TheReligion

Abusive
99% of the nation this summer said we would be mid table at best. The lineup at Old Trafford was so mercilessly mocked one United fan tweeted "4-0 atleast or we should send Ole back to Norway".
Luckily it was 4-0.

Let's be honest your team has more experience and United have been building from scratch. We are both having comparable seasons and both need plenty of work. Your squad is bigger (our fault but we needed surgery) and that's helped your injuries whilst we've been left without our three best players Pogba (all season), Mctominay and now Rashford.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Luckily it was 4-0.

Let's be honest your team has more experience and United have been building from scratch. We are both having comparable seasons and both need plenty of work. Your squad is bigger (our fault but we needed surgery) and that's helped your injuries whilst we've been left without our three best players Pogba (all season), Mctominay and now Rashford.
We've had Rudiger out most of the season, Kante out most of the season till November., Reece James (our best fullback despite his age) out for a while and now injured again as soon as he's up to speed, Pulisic getting injured who is probably our biggest attacking threat.

While I'd agree you've had your injury woes, we've haven't exactly been getting away with it.

TheReligion

Abusive
We've had Rudiger out most of the season, Kante out most of the season till November., Reece James (our best fullback despite his age) out for a while and now injured again as soon as he's up to speed, Pulisic getting injured who is probably our biggest attacking threat.

While I'd agree you've had your injury woes, we've haven't exactly been getting away with it.
You have but you've a bigger and more experienced squad to deal with it. A luxury we don't have. By choice mind. We've decided to start the rebuild but perhaps cut a bit too much.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s probably a bit lucky that United, Arsenal and Spurs have been so poor in the league this season.

prateik

If we get Pogba fit and willing to play.. and dont get any more injuries, we'll finish above them...

2 big IFs though.

hubbuh

Rashford has been carrying Ole's team at the age of 22 and Fred was never as terrible as he was made out to be, he cost 50m after all. Who else has progressed? we're still leaking goals galore at the back despite him spending over 100m on Maguire and AWB.

Lampard also isn't good enough.
Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are level on goals with Salah, Firmino and Mane.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He’s probably a bit lucky that United, Arsenal and Spurs have been so poor in the league this season.
Also lucky that key strikers are out injured for Utd and Spurs now, plus looks very possible Barca will go for Aubameyang.

Craig Ward

Chelsea always blow hot and cold whoever the manager is.

Lampard is no different, the games i've seen they've been ok but never great.

Fair play to him for promoting youth although with the transfer ban he didnt have much choice.

Squad is still disjointed and they look a little lost on times. Abraham and Mount have lost form and the depth from the bench is poor. For me, they're always playing with no attacking intent or confidence.

Willian and Pedro are uninspiring these days and Pulisic hasnt maintained fitness or consistent form. After all the fuss around Hudson-Odoi in the summer, he's barely been mentioned this season....(not sure on his injury record here but still)

The midfield is poor for me. Kante is still playing out of position, Jorginho rarely plays the ball forward and Barkley/Kovacic are on the same pointless rotation as last season. Jorginho is the most puzzling one for me - he seems to sprint more intensely backwards to retrieve the ball from a defender, only to pass it sideways/backwards.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unforgivable to leave Only Kante back on the corner when faced with 10 men.

Baffling tactics and not for the first time

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Unforgivable to leave Only Kante back on the corner when faced with 10 men.

Baffling tactics and not for the first time
Lampard said after the game that it wasn't meant to be just Kante back there covering, and that "someone ran forward unexpectedly" - that someone turned out to be Emerson, who thought he could nick the ball away from Martinelli and failed, leaving Kante exposed.

Despite all of that though, Kante could have gotten to the ball before Martinelli if he hadn't slipped, so meh.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I definitely expected them to finish outside the top 4 this season after losing Hazard and implementing a new style of play with a younger side. He's not doing well enough to be worried but I'd be pretty happy as a Chelsea fan. Definitely looks like he could bring a bit of stability and take them on a different kind of journey.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
doing alright in the wider picture. No signings, albeit he tried. Bringing some youth in. If he gets top 4 he's done well.

I think he is going to have a huge summer both in and out

Josep Dowling

Flipping heck that interview after the game, did he stop for a breath? Looks like a man under pressure.

Feel a bit sorry for him really. Injuries to key players and not able to sign anyone. He’s made Chelsea slightly more bearable as a club. Never thought I would see that in my lifetime.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Never really understood why he doesn't start Giroud.

Much better than Batshuyai & I'm sure we would have had a tougher game & they would be in a better place in the league if they did.

Maybe not the best striker but not the worst to completely leave him out.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Mason mount is going to be Chelsea's version of lingard.

He will likely be at Chelsea for years even though he's clearly not good enough, chelsea fans will become frustrated yet Lampard will continually pick him.

Chelsea finish 4th

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Where are all those who swore that he is better than Ole?
Better squad depth, as good a starting XI as us and definitely more experience in the side, but finishes below us with a horrendous defensive record.

Not that he's a bad manager or anything, people went overboard with how great he is in his initial days.

edgecutter

Better squad depth, as good a starting XI as us and definitely more experience in the side, but finishes below us with a horrendous defensive record.

Not that he's a bad manager or anything, people went overboard with how great he is in his initial days.
A lot of people thought they wouldn't finish top 4 due to the transfer ban they had and he managed to get there in the end, he's done a good job for his first season and they may finish with an FA cup as well. They have the potential to challenge with the signings they have made as well.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

I mean, not to be a WUM but I'd much rather finish 4th and win the FA Cup as opposed to 3rd without it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

That strange, a few weeks ago we were bombarded with claims that United were better than us in every position, even LW.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

How much was Bruno? You spent that to make sure you finished ahead of them.

You also spent 80m on Maguire. He didn’t get to spend anything (unless you count the Kovacic deal).

acnumber9

You also spent 80m on Maguire. He didn’t get to spend anything (unless you count the Kovacic deal).
Or Christian Pulisic. Or the countless players coming back from their loans.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

They lost Hazard and fetched Pulisic as well as finishing ahead of us last season and winning a trophy.
We had to spend to play catch up with them, to finish above Chelsea and Leicester after being so far behind is an achievement.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They lost Hazard and fetched Pulisic as well as finishing ahead of us last season and winning a trophy.
We had to spend to play catch up with them, to finish above Chelsea and Leicester after being so far behind is an achievement.
Lampard didn’t sign Pulisic.

OverratedOpinion

He's done a very good job, if he can win the FA Cup then I would say he has done exactly what he would have hoped for considering the transfer ban. FA Cup, top 4 and got some of their younger players into the squad.