Frank Lampard | Former Chelsea manager

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I do see why Frank probably sees a lot of himself in Mount. Players like himself and Mount are never going to be the flashy, skillful, get you off your seat type and that raises a lot of doubt about their top level credentials esp when compared to other more eye-candy players. These players however are the types managers love to work with as they put more stock in being productive if they can't be the flashy one.
Do not see why Mount gets so much hate. Would love to see a young player like that at United. I think it is more the media perception that someone like Grealish is dealt with harshly as he is just as hard-working as a Mount but also naturally more gifted.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I do see why Frank probably sees a lot of himself in Mount. Players like himself and Mount are never going to be the flashy, skillful, get you off your seat type and that raises a lot of doubt about their top level credentials esp when compared to other more eye-candy players. These players however are the types managers love to work with as they put more stock in being productive if they can't be the flashy one.
Can definitely see why Mount might be like Lampard with that huge deflection for his goal yesterday :lol: .

We have a almost full squad available apart from Mendy for Saturday I think? Will be interesting to see who starts the game.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Do not see why Mount gets so much hate. Would love to see a young player like that at United. I think it is more the media perception that someone like Grealish is dealt with harshly as he is just as hard-working as a Mount but also naturally more gifted.
Not aware of any "hate" directed at Mount but get your drift. To be honest I have my reservations. He has been known to drift out of games and not have an impact. He always gives 100% but doesn't always catch the eye whereas Grealish may have slightly silkier skills.
For me he doesn't get in Chelsea's first 11 if Pulisic is fit.
His work rate in the high press is second to none and this makes him a managers dream. As a manager myself I recognize the positives in using somebody who has a terrific work ethic. Its better to have a really hard worker who does what you ask rather than a highly skilled one who only does so intermittently.

As that beacon of morality Woody Allen once said, "80% of success is turning up".

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Also, Grealish is 25 and Mount is 21. Always seems harsh that they get compared as if they're at a similar career stage.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not aware of any "hate" directed at Mount but get your drift. To be honest I have my reservations. He has been known to drift out of games and not have an impact. He always gives 100% but doesn't always catch the eye whereas Grealish may have slightly silkier skills.
For me he doesn't get in Chelsea's first 11 if Pulisic is fit.
His work rate in the high press is second to none and this makes him a managers dream. As a manager myself I recognize the positives in using somebody who has a terrific work ethic. Its better to have a really hard worker who does what you ask rather than a highly skilled one who only does so intermittently.

As that beacon of morality Woody Allen once said, "80% of success is turning up".
To be fair, in terms of embarassment of attacking riches.. this Chelsea side is insane, so he is kind of expected to be on the ball constantly just to find a place and justify it to the fans. To me he has shown enough to be in and around the first XI and keep people on their toes but will be a big ask to be a regular but with his mentality - not beyond doubt.

Also, Grealish is 25 and Mount is 21. Always seems harsh that they get compared as if they're at a similar career stage.
In fairness, Grealish has not had that opportunity to come through at a big club and that is why he is still kind of looked at like a junior who has so much of his career ahead of him despite his age. At what stage this leeway runs out I do not know but I expected it to be fairly soon... otherwise it ends up being a young and lernin J Lingz situation.

Castia

Tell you what if we can beat them next week we go above them with a game in hand....considering our shit start that’s unbelievable.

cyberman

His post game didnt make much sense. They score 3, had a 2 goal lead at one stage and he says they have to learn to kill games off. Do they need to score 5 every game now?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
His post game didnt make much sense. They score 3, had a 2 goal lead at one stage and he says they have to learn to kill games off. Do they need to score 5 every game now?
I think he's saying killing the game off via possession & control, not necessarily by scoring more. Certainly you can't fault the attack for yesterday's result.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Cowardly manager.

Spends a shit tonne on attack, focuses his entire gameplan on not conceding.
Neh I get why you’d say that but ultimately he got the point he wanted, OT is a hard place to go and he actually deserves credit for today in my opinion.

duffer

Scout
Neh I get why you’d say that but ultimately he got the point he wanted, OT is a hard place to go and he actually deserves credit for today in my opinion.
Yep, I don't mind seeing that he has this sort of setup/performance in his locker.

I would be this is one of a very small number of games where we have not have more possession since Frank took over. Play a high line and farting about with the ball in midfield against Man United is asking to get pumped 4-0 again.

cyberman

Yep, I don't mind seeing that he has this sort of setup/performance in his locker.

I would be this is one of a very small number of games where we have not have more possession since Frank took over. Play a high line and farting about with the ball in midfield against Man United is asking to get pumped 4-0 again.
Yeah but you can not give us space and not sit allll the way back?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Yeah I agree, do you think this formation is the way forward for you guys?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We were playing against a defence + goalie that cost about £200 million plus two defensive midfielders. Give Ole and the most expensive defence in the history of the sport some credit for shutting us down!
Tbf, that accolade probably goes to Pep.

PoTMS

Both managers are clearly beneath the level required for Chelsea and Manchester United. All our rivals are laughing at us but I guess we get moral brownie points for trying and persisting.

duffer

Scout
Yeah I agree, do you think this formation is the way forward for you guys?
For away games against you lot? Certainly. I never want to see us have more possession, more shots, more corners but lose 4-0 ever again.

If we set up like this in our next game (away to Burnley) it will be a surprise.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
In terms of money spent on defenders overall, sure, he's spent more on defence than most small countries in the past few years.

For players actually starting it's you lot.
I haven’t looked into it and was just making a light hearted remark.

Not interested in getting into an analysis as United were fecking tripe and I am frustrated.

Chelsea were well organised, now they need to find a way to show incision up front with the defensive foundation.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If Lampard was our manager I’m pretty sure he would never get that 2-1 win against PSG last week, he would be happy with 1-1 and stick with 5 at the back to play safe for a point. Ole switched the formation in the middle of the game against PSG to win.

AshRK

Surely today shouldn't be the day for both the fans to mock the other team's manager. All in all a poor game of football.

sport2793

I haven’t looked into it and was just making a light hearted remark.

Not interested in getting into an analysis as United were fecking tripe and I am frustrated.

Chelsea were well organised, now they need to find a way to show incision up front with the defensive foundation.
Na Chelsea was toothless going forward, they didn't have a single dangerous chance, United had 3 or 4. Mendy saved them today.

eire-red

We were playing against a defence + goalie that cost about £200 million plus two defensive midfielders. Give Ole and the most expensive defence in the history of the sport some credit for shutting us down!
TBF your front 3 probably cost the same so no need for the spending jab I would say.

So were we simultaneously the defensive team, but also the only team that looked like scoring? Which team had 1 shot on target again?

duffer

Scout
TBF your front 3 probably cost the same so no need for the spending jab I would say.

So were we simultaneously the defensive team, but also the only team that looked like scoring? Which team had 1 shot on target again?
I didn't say you were defensive, I said you defended well and should get credit but it seems a lot of Man United fans would rather slag off the opponents than praise their own.

macheda14

In terms of money spent on defenders overall, sure, he's spent more on defence than most small countries in the past few years.

For players actually starting it's you lot.
Is it?
Laporte and Dias are both about 60 million each, Cancelo was 55 and Walker was 50.
Maguire was 80, Lindelöf was 30, AWB was 50 and Shaw was 30.
I’ll let you do the maths if you’d like. I mean it’s close, but you’re still wrong.

LVGSdive

I have no idea why he doesn't play CHO more. Every time he plays their attacking play has more structure and width. Without him they just look like they are 100% dependent on Pulisic to pull off some individual brilliance.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I have no idea why he doesn't play CHO more. Every time he plays their attacking play has more structure and width. Without him they just look like they are 100% dependent on Pulisic to pull off some individual brilliance.
He should have defiently came on today instead of Ziyech, the latter is nowhere near match fit yet.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Only one way to get match fit though.
True, but we should have built that up in 'lesser games'.

Although that said we don't have any league cup games as we usually do at this point. That's why I don't understand why people don't want him called up for Morocco, would be perfect to build his match fitness.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Chelsea reminded me of LVG's United today. Particularly in the first half. Just a poor quality game all round.
They passed so much across their back 5 in that first half. Going sideways and backwards. Lampard got what he wanted today, 0-0 draw.

Listar

Spent 200 million, 3 wins out of 9 games this season so far and you have to add in Barnsley to make that number. How is that acceptable?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Spent 200 million, 3 wins out of 9 games this season so far and you have to add in Barnsley to make that number. How is that acceptable?
Two terrible draws really makes our start look terrible but everyone is inconsistent so not sure you'll find many Chelsea fans throwing a strop about the team being inconsistent.

Handré1990

I didn't say you were defensive, I said you defended well and should get credit but it seems a lot of Man United fans would rather slag off the opponents than praise their own.
I really enjoy your posts, most of the time ;) You really have the psychology of the average United fan on the caf down to a tee.:lol: Both teams were more interested in not losing, we were slightly better, but not by a lot. A draw seemed right by me. We did defend well, and didn’t let Chelsea have the rub of the green. Chelsea also defended well for the most part. Or, alternatively both were shit because 0-0.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
he only plays when Bayern is trying to sign him. He'll get his next minutes during the winter window :lol:

Irwin99

Surprised he didn't use Giroud at some point yesterday given the tough time he gave Maguire in the FA cup semi final last year.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Having Rudiger and Zouma as center banks who actually play is a huge mistake from Lampard in my mind. Getting rid of Sideshow Bob was great, but it's not enough, even if both are backups with everyone fit. They would be dangerous with two quality center backs and a good keeper.