Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

Hughes35

The dressing room must be a a mess to be fair. So many players and a lot of them know they will probably be sold / never play, or replaced in the summer.

Add to that a manager that doesn't seem to be top tier and it's a recipe for disaster.

Salford_Red83

Rangnick got absolutely blasted by the press and pundits yet Lampard seems to be plodding along unscathed

I remember after the first 2 games this season and the jury was out on ETH, I’ll never forget Neville and Carragher going after him in that interview
Meh. Let them continue to support him while he drags Chelsea to oblivion.
I'm fine with that.

Robbie Boy

I am not sure the comparison is completely equal.you had relegation form with RR and that’s where the similarities end. Your squad needed a lift but it was the players shooting themselves in the foot. Your squad was fully capable of doing better.

What we see at Chelsea is a shitshow from top to bottom. Lampard was never the right choice for the job, it was a desperate attempt at trying to gain favour with the fans. It’s failed spectacularly as everyone with an ounce of sense knew it would. He is undoubtedly a shit manager but what’s going on is not his fault, he just never had the ability to correct it.

Even before Potters sacking I continued to say that no manager would have faired any better. I will continue to preach that. The manager is not the cause of these issues. It’s the morons running the club. Results will not improve until next season at the very least, even if Frank is fired tomorrow. Our season is over and we just need to hope 39 points isenough.
What? Our club was a fecking mess last season and you lot have a much stronger squad to what Rangnick inherited. Form wise? Nothing similar whatsoever: Rangnick lost 8 in 31, and Lampard has lost 6 out of 6. Rangnick was shite, but Lampard has been far worse.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Meh. Let them continue to support him while he drags Chelsea to oblivion.
I'm fine with that.
I mean I think we're all super happy with how things are going over there, but it's an interesting point with regards to the bias English managers get, and the way the media can peddle a narrative.

Salford_Red83

I mean I think we're all super happy with how things are going over there, but it's an interesting point with regards to the bias English managers get, and the way the media can peddle a narrative.
Oh absolutely. I'm really not sure why he's getting the support he is. His record for his last 20 games is shocking. He really shouldn't be managing, but here he is.
Bizarre.

Anustart89

Oh absolutely. I'm really not sure why he's getting the support he is. His record for his last 20 games is shocking. He really shouldn't be managing, but here he is.
Bizarre.
It's funny with the Keys and Gray comments, because they're making fun of the idea that foreign managers bring a footballing idea that is impossible for English coaches to bring, but if we're going to look at English managers only then the last one to win it was over 30 years ago, and no British manager has won a league title since Fergie, with the last nine (soon ten) titles being won by dirty foreigners coming here and teaching us English lads how to play the game.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Nobody expect him to be anything than a caretaker

But to lose 19 games on a trot is something..i think even if you only prentend to be a manager and pick a random 442 lineup you'll end up better than this.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Final nail for Franks top flight managerial career? Hope so.
Probably not. He may be forced to spend a few years in the wilderness (go to Scotland, perhaps, to win a couple of titles and rebuild his reputation a bit), but i think he'll make a comeback at some point. In any profession, at the very top of the pyramid, it's all about connections and, judging by the immunity Franky enjoys, it doesn't look like getting another PL job will be a problem. More so because most of this protection comes outside Chelsea. One could argue that our club and quite a few among our legends consciously tried to shield Solskajer from criticism, but this is on the verge of ridiculous. The only mitigating factor in his favour is Chelsea's mismatched squad, which is difficult to train or manage. Even if he wanted to keep a core of players to work with, as a caretaker, he doesn't have the authority to make such calls.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
SSN discussing now how you can't blame Lampard given the state of Everton and Chelsea when he took the jobs...

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
SSN discussing now how you can't blame Lampard given the state of Everton and Chelsea when he took the jobs...
Regarding this topic, I'd say certain English male players and managers get just as easy a ride in the press, if not easier than women.

Last edited:

BerryBerryShrew

Maybe that explains why Chelsea are such a mess. Fat Frank can't resist eating the olives so he can't even illustrate his lineup using Latin produce.

Or else that idiot Boehly is letting Lamps down again by not even giving him olives in the first place. I bet when Roman was in charge, he provided the manager with everything necessary for success: tomatoes, potatoes, even the odd cucumber when the team was in a rut and really needed inspiration.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Rangnick got absolutely blasted by the press and pundits yet Lampard seems to be plodding along unscathed

I remember after the first 2 games this season and the jury was out on ETH, I’ll never forget Neville and Carragher going after him in that interview
Objectively speaking they're not wrong. They can only commentate on what's infront of them. Kudos for ETH for turning things around but at that time we too are worried

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He lost 31 of his last 41 PL games but he's still the darling of the media

Jeffthered

When I listen to Lampard, I always feel that he needs to show some humility and get with what is happening today. He talks about knowing success at the club, and that other clubs would only dream of the success Chelsea have had. What has all that have to do with his management style and record? He has to be thinking that he missing some fundamentals in terms of management, because his teams are dreadful, dreadful. Chelsea were embarrassing for the first hour yesterday, again.

He's a little like OGS to me. All corporate rhetoric but nothing else. I have more respect for what O'Neill is doing at Bournemouth than what Frank Lampard has to say.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Wouldn't surprise me if Franks first point/points will come against Arsenal.
Wouldn't surprise me if Franks first point/points will come against United.

:nervous:

He will be like lot of English managers, in 10 years he will get the job in his 9th club and praised by media how he is going to change entire club and make them better. Only to be sacked in 12-18 months time like in previous 8 clubs.

Castia

Objectively speaking they're not wrong. They can only commentate on what's infront of them. Kudos for ETH for turning things around but at that time we too are worried
Nah it was 2 games in. They've never spoke to Klopp, Pep or even Lampard the way they was almost laughing at ETH in that interview

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This is all on the players, 100% and beyond. Downing tools beyond measure.
It’s… the managers job to motivate them.

Chelsea’s problems are not all down to him, but the horror show of his performance is absolutely 100% him. He’s incapable.

What’s most fun, is that everyone knew it from day one, and said it, and people argued.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Maybe that explains why Chelsea are such a mess. Fat Frank can't resist eating the olives so he can't even illustrate his lineup using Latin produce.

Or else that idiot Boehly is letting Lamps down again by not even giving him olives in the first place. I bet when Roman was in charge, he provided the manager with everything necessary for success: tomatoes, potatoes, even the odd cucumber when the team was in a rut and really needed inspiration.
Poor Frank only gets the pimentos.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It's actually quite odd just how badly he is doing. It must be him. He must just be a deeply uninspiring man to attempt to lead a group.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
Final nail for Franks top flight managerial career? Hope so.
So do I..and I support Chelsea, I would want any other teams to go through those awful team selections and terrible tactics (except Liverpool )

Mike Smalling

It's actually quite odd just how badly he is doing. It must be him. He must just be a deeply uninspiring man to attempt to lead a group.
I agree he must be a bad manager, but if I were to add a bit of nuance I would say he is also really bad at picking his jobs (and maybe somewhat unlucky). He did reasonable well at a lower level with Derby, partly because he could use his Chelsea connections to get some good young players on loan, but then he took the Chelsea job knowing fully how that usually turns out for a manager. Once the expectations were raised, when they bought Havertz, Werner, Chilwell, etc. he was shown for what he was - a manager with very little experience hired mostly based on his playing exploits. After that he accepted to manage an Everton side with bad ownership that was already flirting with relegation, and now taking over a Chelsea side in complete disarray. Chelsea needed an experienced manager to come in and steady the ship after they fired Potter, similar to what they have done in the past with Hiddink as a good example. Surely, Lampard could make that analysis.

I don't know if it's hubris, a sense of duty towards Chelsea, the need for a paycheck or all of the above, but taking the job in the first place was a bad mistake on his part as well. After he was fired in Chelsea the first time, he should have gone back down to the Championship level to work on his craft with less media attention. His reputation as a manager is in tatters now - much more than just a few months ago.

Abraxas

It's both really, isn't it. Tough situation, players not taking responsibility, but essentially it is your job as interim manager to effect an outcome quickly. Which in Chelsea's case wasn't asking for much, it was just to stop losing every game. It really is like Ralf in how hapless they are, only Frank seems a lot worse which is an achievement.

PoTMS

He's done enough to be given the job full time. Or until at least May 25.

Baxquux

Frank saves another team from relegation. Should be enough to get him a Championship job..