Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

MalaysianRed7

Good luck to him, seems a likeable guy and was an unbelievable player. I’ll just say that he has absolutely NOTHING over Ole as a manager. In fact, Ole beat him over and over and has even won two league titles, albeit in a lesser league.

mu4c_20le

Franks been out for over a year, time flies. Good luck to him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Looking forward to the inexhaustible well of goodwill and excuses that will be gushing for him in the British football media establishment.
Every week, after another mediocre performance, Everton will be told to "back him", that he "must be backed", that the board must "show him support".
I don't think it's a good move for Everton.

Good luck to him, seems a likeable guy and was an unbelievable player. I’ll just say that he has absolutely NOTHING over Ole as a manager. In fact, Ole beat him over and over and has even won two league titles, albeit in a lesser league.
What does this have to do with Ole??

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bonkers appointment. Are Everton the worst ran club in the league? They somehow make Glazers and Woodward look somewhat competent.

Oranges038

Best of luck to them.

Rafa stripped almost everything out of the club in terms of backroom structure and staff, they are an absolute mess when it comes to backroom and technical staff. He's going to have to bring in a lot of good people with him to turn it around.

They have more chance of being relegated than moving up the league.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This is crazy. They're ditching Duncan Ferguson for Frank Lampard!? Really?!?!?

If it had been Wayne Rooney that'd be one thing. This makes no sense.

Do we need to start asking whether Everton will get dragged into the relegation dog fight?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Well with one win fourteen or fifteen, can't remember which, it can't get worse.

Can it?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
:nervous: :nervous: I like him but I doubt this is going to go well.
Let's hope the Lampard of the first Chelsea season turns up, he did a pretty good job and created a very likeable team. The season after he was horrible and also became kind of unlikeable himself.

Brophs

The One and Only
He got the Chelsea job with a CV that wouldn't have been strong enough to get the job without being who he is and now he'll get the Everton job because he has the Chelsea job on his CV. I genuinely don't see any massive difference between he and someone like Ole, apart from the number of journalists who are willing to act as unpaid PR for him.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Genuinely think it'll be a disaster. He was OK at Chelsea but he fit there. A bit like Ole with us. (Meaning they were player legends, understood the clubs etc) Him and Everton, I just can't see the chemistry being right. Everton fans have less patience than any fans in the league, that doesn't help.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's a shame Everton and Villa have already played twice this season, no Gerrard v Lampard derby.

Will Lamps make it to next season?

Zoo

Not sure why Everton fans would hound out Pereira before he’s even offered the job yet accept this. Club is going nowhere

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
A few members of the Cafe doesn't rate Lampard highly(i m well aware of this as i died on that hill before), but he did a good job when Chelsea had that transfer ban. It will be interesting to see how he does there. I rate him higher than some on here, so looking forward to seeing how he does.

Last edited:

MalaysianRed7

What does this have to do with Ole??
Why has Lampard been getting courted all over the PL since he got sacked while Ole’s entire name has been tarnished? I can guarantee you Ole won’t get another PL job, despite actually doing a better job here than Lampard at Chelsea.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I bet he gets lumbered with Ferguson still..

Their board must of seen that video of him kicking off on the touchline with Klopp and thought "Oooo he's bitter, and wears a blue jacket, he'll get us!"

el3mel

Everton are a pointless club. I doubt they'll have any successful managerial appointment any time soon.

Swedish_Plumber

Doomed to fail. Lampard getting jobs on barely any merit. Had a Chelsea lite financially doped team at derby and did nothing with it.

big rons sovereign

Let's hope the Lampard of the first Chelsea season turns up, he did a pretty good job and created a very likeable team. The season after he was horrible and also became kind of unlikeable himself.
I dunno, I quite enjoyed him telling the Liverpool bench to shut up.

Abraxas

I don't understand why this attracts such derision. It's a complete gamble but I don't see these amazing appointments queuing up round the block. Lampard is very much in the unknown quantity bracket. They're so bad that it might be what they need, somebody youthful and fresh.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Im interested to see how he does. He was a very good player and I like seeing these guys take challenges on. Gerrard, Viera, Lamps, Arteta all being managers in the Premier League is a good throwback. As long as its not our club we can sit back and entertain the experiment.

MalaysianRed7

Rooney, Lampard and Vitor Pereira. What a shortlist :lol: Even Wayne, he’s doing an absolutely amazing job at Derby, but he’s still a relative novice, albeit I obviously wish him the best wherever he goes. The other two are just absolutely bang average.

And Lampard, likeable as he is, is the worst of the three imo. They could genuinely go down with him.

Chairman Steve

I bet he gets lumbered with Ferguson still..
I‘ve always wondered why Duncan Ferguson operates as a coach at such a high level. The easy stereotype being that he doesn’t strike you as modern football coach and just screams PASHUN N DEEZAIUH… not to mention the man is fecking lunatic who is beloved for some reason.

Hes like the proto Andy Carroll in that he was super expensive British striker and scored feck all goals, yet the press can’t stop noshing him. I’m sure I’ve triggered some Big Dunc white knights and they’re going to tell me he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I like him, hope he does well.

Brophs

The One and Only

Haha, yeah, I'm sure it'll be a bit awkward meeting Duncan after getting his job. But seriously, I'm worried he's going to absolutely fecking batter me."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I‘ve always wondered why Duncan Ferguson operates as a coach at such a high level. The easy stereotype being that he doesn’t strike you as modern football coach and just screams PASHUN N DEEZAIUH… not to mention the man is fecking lunatic who is beloved for some reason.

Hes like the proto Andy Carroll in that he was super expensive British striker and scored feck all goals, yet the press can’t stop noshing him. I’m sure I’ve triggered some Big Dunc white knights and they’re going to tell me he was the best thing since sliced bread.
He did a very good job in the extended interim role last time to be fair.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
In the short term I think they could do much worse.

He should keep them up comfortably, finish season strongly and also bring through a couple of young players.

Will get bored of him soon though when he can't get higher than 9-10th in the league.

Big minus though is defensively Chelsea were very average under him so he really needs to get attack going as can't see him improving the Everton defensive options which are pretty poor.