Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

Pintu

Only because Gary Neville managed in Spain.
To be fair his first spell wasn’t that bad… But you gotta wonder what he’s been doing during his unemployment... He f***d up Everton’s season and he should never have taken this hopeless Chelsea gig…

Hester_manc

I almost feel sorry for him. This has been a horrible season for him. I doubt he will ever get a job in the PL again.

Semigoodlookin

Is he the worst manager the league has ever seen?
Possibly out of managers who have had a decent number of games. He has been awful and he has perhaps thought going back to Chelsea was a free hit. He knew the season was done but maybe thought they would pick up a few wins as well as lose a few. Instead going back has completely obliterated his career. Unless he drops down the divisions or goes abroad, he is finished as a PL manager.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know forum fools love the best ever, worst ever type chat.
But surely there can't be many worse premier league managers than Frankie?

Cloud7

Is he really as bad as he's showing right now? I know he was crap at Everton but I have vague memories of his first stint at Chelsea being okay, wasn't it?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Only because Gary Neville managed in Spain.
Neville was a meme for years after his stint at Valencia, but his record was 10 wins, 7 draws, 11 losses.

Poor, but nothing on the same planet as what Lampard has served up at two clubs this season.

izec

He is getting worse with every stint. Maybe time for a career change, this manager thing does not seem to suit him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I almost feel sorry for him. This has been a horrible season for him. I doubt he will ever get a job in the PL again.
Never underestimate English football's love of rubbish English managers.

massi83

There's some good things there. Definitely deserves a 3rd chance at Chelsea in a couple of years time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wiki says 3 in 16 which works out as around 18%. He was at Valencia though so had more to work with then Everton
His overall record says 35%. Lampard had much better resources than Valencia.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought he was a bad appointment, but he has surpassed my wildest imagination.
Equivalent to Fred on his worst day playing CM.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He sounds like he's about to cry.

Sylar

His team selections have just been weird.

His interview is quite bizarre. Not sure what to make of it.

alsabi

Chelsea could hardly have been much worse off with 44-year old Frank Lampard *playing* in midfield under a better manager...

Woodzy

It’s easy to forget this season started with Tuchel as manager.
Should never have been sacked. That decision alone is what makes me confident Chelsea will be no threat again next season with the current ownership making the decisions that they are.

KeanoMagicHat

What is it that makes Lampard such a bad manager?
One of the things I’ve seen mentioned is that he tries to press but doesn’t know how to coach it properly. Nothing worse than committing but not doing it right, just leaves big gaps. United could have had 6 or 7 easily today. In his first Chelsea spell they at least scored goals but this time they can’t even do that. For that though I’d blame possibly the most bloated and unbalanced squad assembled by a big teams in PL history, which was there before he took over.