Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

Didn't know Frank had such thin skin :lol:

Fair enough, plus I believe it says a lot of Jose's mindset to criticise the younger players, not the senior pros who didn't make the difference (Or in Azpilicueta's case, did....)

Teja

They played like a good unit in the first half and having players back will obviously help as well. Think he's a solid manager and he'll do well at Chelsea. Losing Hazard and not having a proper forward (Abraham can't be their starter for the whole season can he?) will mean they miss out on top four.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Feel free to delete if there is one, I searched but didn't find one.

With the fickleness of the owner as we know it too be...how long with he last?

Big gamble, but the bad start doesn't help at all.
New manager on a team that just came from a transfer ban and sold their best player.

He's not getting sacked. Not unless the Oligark wants to be chased out of town by a bunch of offended Londoners with pitchforks. Frank Lampard is God at Stambrigde.

Toad

I think he will be a good manager given time. Got to remember that he hasn’t had a transfer window yet and is left with the dross of last season. If he manages to keep his job for a couple of season I think he will build a good team and do well.

Bestofthebest

Got to remember Chelsea are more of a patched up team than us at the moment. Mount, Zouma and Abraham were all out on loan last season, they were at odds with the manager for a lot of last season and they are under a transfer ban at present. Add into this the fact that they have a new manager and their best player was injured today but still came off the bench and that tells its own story. Still, they played very well for the first 20 mins and could have been 1-0 up after three minutes. No one on here can tell me they thought at that stage we were going to win 4-0.

In the long run I cannot see Chelsea winning the league this season or even next but then again neither can I see us winning the league this season. Similarly I don't think Chelsea have many options if they choose to sack Lampard because all the facts I have stated above still remain.

Still we did not capitulate when we were under the cosh in the first 20mins, we relaxed a lot after the goal and played better in the second half. Our new signings all did us proud and I'm a lot more relaxed now than before the game but I'm not getting carried away.

Reactions: van der star

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I doubt he'll be sacked, well not unless they're flirting with relegation

He was always brought in just for this season, the only way he stays would be if they got Top 4 and even then it would only be to show some form of loyalty. Like us with Ole, Lampard ain't he man to deliver league titles

Classical Mechanic

If MM was 29 year old, JM wouldnt say a thing.
Funny thing was that he didn't seem to even know who he was despite him being one of the best players in their academy when he was manager there. Kind of sums up Jose's approach to management, the opposite to Fergie who knew every single player in the academy and all their family.

Oldyella

New manager on a team that just came from a transfer ban and sold their best player.

He's not getting sacked. Not unless the Oligark wants to be chased out of town by a bunch of offended Londoners with pitchforks. Frank Lampard is God at Stambrigde.
Chased out of town? Is he even allowed in at the moment?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Can't blame him much, with a bit of luck Chelsea could've put game to bed in first half.
Disagree, with a bit better finishing they could have gone in 2-2 at half time. Martial missed a great chance for United too.

Second half we were way better than them.

R'hllor

Funny thing was that he didn't seem to even know who he was despite him being one of the best players in their academy when he was manager there. Kind of sums up Jose's approach to management, the opposite to Fergie who knew every single player in the academy and all their family.
If you are youngster you are basically invisible in his world, even in pre match, he went on something about good reasons and bad reasons of Lampard picking younger players, dont remember exactly, who cares anyway.

Treble

Chelsea were excellent in the first 60 minutes, composed on the ball and good at pressing. Zouma was a seriously weak link though. After the 2nd goal they lost confidence. Think they played better than Arsenal did today and will mount a serious challenge for top 4.

I'd qestion Abraham over Giroud and Mount over Pulisic though. Perhaps they'd have been better off with Barkley centrally and Pulisic on the left.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Mount was excellent for Chelsea.

Random fact, my sister used to have her hair done by one of Mason's family. Can't remember if it's his mum or sister though.

Classical Mechanic

In the context of being a young lad playing a huge premier league game at old Trafford is what I mean. He faded in the second half but you can see he's got something.
He's a talent for sure, won the best player at the u19 Euro a couple of years back. I've followed him through youth football. Bit of an end product player though, his all round game isn't the best but he's a real goal threat either scoring or creating with crosses and set pieces.

Ace of Spades

The squad has flaws obviously. Their midfield is very strong, but the attack and defense are weak. It showed in the game, they controlled the game, but did not create much chances, and were caught on the counter.

el3mel

Anyone who watched the match know they were not that crap at all. Played some nice football during first half too. Of course they will probably not even finish top 4 thanks to their weak squad but with a transfer ban and not being able to reinforce the team I'm sure he'll get a pass this season for the table position.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
He'll get the season unless things go drastically wrong, like, bottom half wrong. I think they'll struggle but still be in/around the top 6 all season.

Needham

His tenure marks the Arsenalisation of Chelsea. Unlucky for him but also signalled by his appointment is their re-decline to a lesser position in the European and domestic game. It's a correction in status long overdue at Chelsea.

pascell

He'll be fine, definitely wont be sacked this season. When he was appointed, my first thought was that he's a bit of a stop gap appointment until the transfer ban is over. But I think he'll do a good job with Chelsea and he'll bring the younger players along, they missed a fully fit Kante today in the middle and Willian. His downfall will be the lack of a clinical striker.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
His tenure marks the Arsenalisation of Chelsea. Unlucky for him but also signalled by his appointment is their re-decline to a lesser position in the European and domestic game. It's a correction in status long overdue at Chelsea.
Can’t wait for City to regain that status;after all,they are the modern Chelsea

Needham

Can’t wait for City to regain that status;after all,they are the modern Chelsea
Unfortunately, City's ownership is structurally deeper. City are the knocked down and rebuilt plaything of a state regime that is likely to provide financial support until the regime itself either fails or passes onto a generation disinterested in football. Chelsea on the other hand are owned by an individual resource plunderer who kneels before his President in all respects other than the governance of his hobby sporting institution. The whore yacht follows the family yacht until he wants to invest his money in something else. That time is coming. Bye bye Chelsea.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I actually like Lampard and hope he does well (Although I want us in the top 4 :lol: )
Felt bad for him today. For most of the match, especially in that first half they were on top.

4-0 wasn't really a fair reflection on the match, but I'll take it, I'd have taken 5-0 also!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unfortunately, City's ownership is structurally deeper. City are the knocked down and rebuilt plaything of a state regime that is likely to provide financial support until the regime itself either fails or passes onto a generation disinterested in football. Chelsea on the other hand are owned by an individual resource plunderer who kneels before his President in all respects other than the governance of his hobby sporting institution. The whore yacht follows the family yacht until he wants to invest his money in something else. That time is coming. Bye bye Chelsea.
:lol:

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
Thought we played very well until the penalty, then regain composure until the 2nd goal. We will learn from this.
I have accepted that this season will be a right off.
However I didnt see much better from United. They were outplayed by a bunch of kids for 60 minutes. United and Chelsea can keep each other company at the bottom of the so called top 6.

Tiber

I actually feel bad for him, he has a weak squad + the transfer ban. However, The internet is a wonderful place:

Status
Not open for further replies.