Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Till you win it, then it will become suddenly important and a trophy.
Well, i'd obviously rather they win than lose, but no more than that to me, so i wont be watching or listening to it. 3 points against Leicester is way more important!

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Never liked Chelsea, right from the days of Kerry DIxon. Don't even like Lamps, can't put my finger on it....:lol:
I feel the same about Everton. Never been rivals or anything. Just never liked them and can't put my finger on why.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I've been impressed with what Chelsea look like having lost their best player. If Abraham had on his finishing boots they would have won that game. Not being able to get a striker in the transfer window is a serious problem, but it also means no one expect Chelsea to get into the top 4 this year. They can afford to play youth and focus on the system, which is a rare case at a club like Chelsea. Obviously it's not ideal, but it's also an opportunity.

el3mel

As I said in the match thread, they're on the right track with him tactically wise. They need several signings in attack and defense though. Can't see him getting sacked this season at all after being unlucky with the transfer ban.

I honestly think he'll suit them far more than Sarri.

Cloud7

Is Abraham going to be the main striker?

That might be the major problem.
Do they have any other options? Is Pedro a viable option at CF? Giroud isn’t someone you can really count on for an entire season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Do they have any other options? Is Pedro a viable option at CF? Giroud isn’t someone you can really count on for an entire season.
Giroud is the other option.

Djemba-Djemba

No I think that's it and I think that's where Chelsea will struggle.

They'll play nice stuff and lack the killer touch.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well, i'd obviously rather they win than lose, but no more than that to me, so i wont be watching or listening to it. 3 points against Leicester is way more important!
Weird attitude but whatever. Certainly looked like it mattered to everyone in the stadium.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah Giroud is their best option but I didn't like his performance today. Apart of the goal, his touch seemed off several times.
He's an effective goalscorer but that's all you will get out of him.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
First time in years i actually enjoy watching a Chelsea side!

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He’s not though really. He’s scored 9 pl goals in the past 3 seasons. His best was 16 in a season 5 years ago.
Yeah just checked his Chelsea record is terrible, had a decent ratio at Arsenal though. Could be because he's more of a bench player these days.

Bwuk

As I said in the match thread, they're on the right track with him tactically wise. They need several signings in attack and defense though. Can't see him getting sacked this season at all after being unlucky with the transfer ban.

I honestly think he'll suit them far more than Sarri.
I agree.

I was impressed with them against us. Poor defensively but that was never a 4-0, and they were unlucky tonight.

It’s almost a shame they aren’t in the
Europa, as I think their young squad could learn a lot from a deep run in it.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Is it possible that Chelsea 19/20 is one of those teams that "plays better" yet cannot win?

Because that reeks of "loser".

What's the point? 5th-6th and UCL Round of 16 but we played better? The sack in May it is.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Is it possible that Chelsea 19/20 is one of those teams that "plays better" yet cannot win?

Because that reeks of "loser".

What's the point? 5th-6th and UCL Round of 16 but we played better? The sack in May it is.
Do you think we played better againt Man United or are you basing that on tonight's result only?

pascell

Personally think Chelsea were unlucky tonight, if Abraham had a heavier touch on that chance then they'd have won.

I'm just not overly convinced by Lampards credentials though as a manager, Derby were one of the favourites to go up and only just dragged their arse into the playoffs the last few games of the season. He's been dealt a bad hand with the striker options though, never seen a Chelsea team with such a poor selection of strikers.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Personally think Chelsea were unlucky tonight, if Abraham had a heavier touch on that chance then they'd have won.

I'm just not overly convinced by Lampards credentials though as a manager, Derby were one of the favourites to go up and only just dragged their arse into the playoffs the last few games of the season. He's been dealt a bad hand with the striker options though, never seen a Chelsea team with such a poor selection of strikers.
Didn't watch us last season then.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
That does not answer my question at all.
Chelsea was better than Utd for most of the first half. Yet they didn't score, and conceded 3 in the second half. If that doesn't make sense, it's because it doesn't. "Playing better yet not winning" is a paradox accepted by a majority of football fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.