Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard couldnt say no to the job, and never would have. It just came too soon looking back. But, using my head and not my heart, legendary player, but not a very good manager....... yet

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Of course not. Ancelotti was the one done dirtiest - sacked in the tunnel at Goodison having finished 2nd the year after winning the league and making us one of the most exciting attacking sides in Europe, at least until Roman meddled to foist a past-it Torres on him.
Wilkins confirmed Torres was an Ancelotti pick.

Giggsyking

Never! What else am I going to do, some actual work?

And I do care a bit when people make out that I offered a bet then refused to back it up. I would never do that.

I was pretty honest with that newbie who offered the different bet and he's been banned since so probably a good thing I did!
Do you remember the bet you wanted to do when I said Lampard will be gone in December. I was lucky not to take that bet, otherwise I would have lost. But it could have been a close one :D.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Wilkins confirmed Torres was an Ancelotti pick.
Ray confirmed Ancelotti accepted Torres but certainly he didn't push for him the way he did for, say, Pirlo. Put it this way - do you really think that if Ancelotti had been handed £50m to spend as he saw fit, he'd have gone in for Torres? No chance in my eyes.

Acole9

Outstanding
The timing is a surprise given they won at the weekend but not surprised he's gone. Got a free pass the first season because of the transfer ban and using academy players. His head was always going to be on the chopping block after the money they spent. Werner and especially Havertz have been poor.

I think that might be him done with management, I think he's a crap manager really, every post match interview after they lose the best insight he could come up with was that they were the better team.

cyberman

Chelsea are incredibly ruthless. It's worked for them. Nothing to see here.

Moving on.
I dunno, it took them signing Conte, one of the best managers in world foootball, to win the league.
If it were that quality every appointment then fair enough, it works but if you arent an elite manager you dont stand a chance.
Now its 1 league win in 7 odd years and are nowhere near to another, their transfers are terrible, got a transfer ban and are fighting for top 4 every year.
Id say their methods should be questioned to see if they are still working for them.

tomaldinho1

To be fair, there has been absolutely no structure to our attack for weeks now. There was a moment in the Leicester game where Havertz received a pass between the lines and all 3 of his fellow attackers ran straight forward in a line, leaving him zero passing options whilst trying to cope with 2 recovering defenders.

The attacking patterns we showed earlier this season have seemingly been tossed out the window in favour of aimless crosses. Our best performances this year have featured tidy interplay attacking the right channel & flank, yet Lampard plays Kante and / or Kovacic there as 8s? Baffling stuff.
Yh, I feel like first rough patch he just panicked and went for Moyes' death by one thousand crosses approach.

Out of interest, can you recall Loftus-Cheek? Been immense for Fulham and feel he'd work well in front of Kante as sole DM.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Ole has experience with Cardiff and molde so theres that. Still not enough but he is doing well at the moment.
Carragher perfectly sums up why no English manager has won the PL.

It's the ego that stops them from starting at the bottom and honing the skills. Just take charge of a youth side of a big club to get your badges, be an assistant to a top manager and then start slowly from a humble beginning. Learn man management skills there, learn to pull the side up from disappointments, and then take a step up to bigger leagues.

I like how last generation of Dutch players like RVN and RVP are going about. Even if they do not succeed, you can be assured it won't be because they were caught out of their tactical depth

Red Royal

I guess this was all tied up weeks ago, but imagine if Chelsea had a really big FA cup win e.g. 7-0. Would have been funnier.

Lampard could not have had any inkling, otherwise he would have gone with his best team (if he kew it) which definitely doesn't include Kepa.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yh, I feel like first rough patch he just panicked and went for Moyes' death by one thousand crosses approach.

Out of interest, can you recall Loftus-Cheek? Been immense for Fulham and feel he'd work well in front of Kante as sole DM.
Not sure about the terms of the loan but personally I'd hope he stays there for this season at least - the lad needs all the minutes he can get as he continues to recover from his Achilles. Totally agreed that he's been great for Fulham - thought he caused you a fair few problems. I've not given up on him yet - the form he showed during the second half of Sarri's season was phenomenal (10 goals and 5 assists in ~1700 minutes as a midfield 8).

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I guess this was all tied up weeks ago, but imagine if Chelsea had a really big FA cup win e.g. 7-0. Would have been funnier.

Lampard could not have had any inkling, otherwise he would have gone with his best team (if he kew it) which definitely doesn't include Kepa.
Well, reportedly Lampard said goodbye to the team and thanked them all after the Leicester match, so that was the final nail in the coffin.

hubbuh

Bit of a shame he couldn't make it work, but it sounds like he made a few mistakes behind the scenes (not talking to players for months on end paints a pretty bleak picture of his man-management abilities) and wasn't up to the task of navigating the political minefield that is pervasive at Chelsea. I quite like him so I hope he'll bounce back and enjoy a decent career as a manager. He'll definitely have learnt a lot from the past 18 months.

Really interested to see how Tuchel does. Assume he'll be in place by the time they play Wolves on Wednesday? They're only 5 points behind Liverpool, but it's an incredibly competitive season so he's got a job on his hands getting them into the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.