Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Personally think dropping Kepa is a mistake, he's the fall guy now for the teams failings. All rests on results though, if Caballero plays well and we win today, all roses.
If a player is underperforming they get dropped, it’s simple. Kepa has been poor all season, it’s long overdue.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Feels like similar situation to Ole with Lukaku, Lampard and Giroud. Could be an unwise decision to let him feel frozen out. You have to feel bad for Lampard, I do think he's got the makings of being a top manager.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Seems a bit similar to what happened to us. Big expectations placed on a top name who underwhelmed, (Jose, Sarri) so then the club decide to say feck it, let’s go backwards to go forwards.

cyberman

Funny that, only a few months ago everyone was lauding James, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham and Mount as the next big things. Now all of a sudden their squad is poor?
He was also playing great football showing us that you dont need time to implement a style of play.
Hell Abrahams was better than Rashford as well..

Sylar

If lampard got sacked would he be the first manager to get a full season as manager of a club and not get a signing to improve the squad (esp after losing their best player) and be the fall guy?

Don't expect him to get fired btw but that would be crazy

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Funny that, only a few months ago everyone was lauding James, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham and Mount as the next big things. Now all of a sudden their squad is poor?
Personally wasn't. I didn't know anything about them. I thought the Tomori claims were ridiculous as well. Mount's never looked better than Maddison nor Grealish to me. I don't know much about James. Hudson-Odoi, no comment.

It's not a strong squad. They don't have x-factor players either.

Robbie Boy

He was also playing great football showing us that you dont need time to implement a style of play.
Hell Abrahams was better than Rashford as well..
Just shows how opinions flip flop between two extremes. They're in and around where they should be and need investments. Their squad certainly isn't poor by any strecth, conversely the youngsters are nowhere near as good as they were made out to be early on the season.

Robbie Boy

Personally wasn't. I didn't know anything about them. I thought the Tomori claims were ridiculous as well. Mount's never looked better than Maddison nor Grealish to me. I don't know much about James. Hudson-Odoi, no comment.

It's not a strong squad. They don't have x-factor players either.
Well I can tell you the hype around Mount, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi was crazy. Apparently they were the future of Chelsea and England. Their squad is ok but needs investment. I would have had them battling for top four and that's where they are. Lampard is doing ok, just doing as expected really.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Well I can tell you the hype around Mount, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi was crazy.
Was it? Abraham was a figure of fun back in August while every oppo fan and his dog were looking for any CAM to compare favroubly against Mount.

Hudson Odoi I'll give there was quite the hype, but you could argue it was to an extent warranted with his pre injury displays and interest from Bayern (a club as stingy as that wouldn't bid £35m for a 18 year old with a few first team appearances if he wasn't legit).

Withnail

Was it? Abraham was a figure of fun back in August while every oppo fan and his dog were looking for any CAM to compare favroubly against Mount.

Hudson Odoi I'll give there was quite the hype, but you could argue it was to an extent warranted with his pre injury displays and interest from Bayern (a club as stingy as that wouldn't bid £35m for a 18 year old with a few first team appearances if he wasn't legit).
It was just after that when he had his purple patch and was banging in goals for fun for about 10 games.

He was miles better than Rashford according to some.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's a very good squad but they've had a number of injuries to key contributors(pulisic most of all, their second best attacking player after Tammy) and rely on a lot of young players who've gone off the boil of late, as young inexperienced players are wont to do

Their attack went from one of the best in the world earlier in the season to middling over the last couple months and that's why they're struggling

Robbie Boy

Yup. After Abraham banged in a few and Mount had some impressive early displays, the hype was mental.

cyberman

Its why the top 4 race doesnt register with me. Was last year worth it to get tanked like this? Why would Sancho join this over a non CL club?
If you arent at the level to do anything in CL then theres no panic to get in until you are.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea look absolutely garbage at the moment. I mean they have for a while. I'm convinced they need a bigger rebuild than United.

tjb

Its why the top 4 race doesnt register with me. Was last year worth it to get tanked like this? Why would Sancho join this over a non CL club?
If you arent at the level to do anything in CL then theres no panic to get in until you are.
I have always felt this way. It's like when arsenal used to make the top 4 such a big deal.

Kag

Looks absolutely clueless on the bench.

He's no idea what to do.
What’s he meant to do?

Watching managers on a touchline seconds after conceding a goal is no metric by which to judge a manager. The match takes place for ninety minutes and the manager is probably visible on screen for about 30 seconds of that. I read this sort of thing all the time and it’s just a bit daft.

Lampard has picked his team, come up with his plan and made some in-game changes. There’s little he can do other than that.

tjb

Chelsea look absolutely garbage at the moment. I mean they have for a while. I'm convinced they need a bigger rebuild than United.
Our rebuild is starting to take shape. There's hasn't really started. The same thing applies to spurs and arsenal. Liverpool and City are so far ahead, we need to build to a point where we can legitimately beat chelsea arsenal and spurs without sweating too much. Once we are there, we can win the league, even if we aren't better than City or Liverpool .

Irwin99

It's more the money, the sponsorship and the prestige involved. I know the United teams of the last 6 years have had no chance of winning it but it hurts not to be there because it's where the club belong (also, there's an outside chance you might fluke it like Liverpool in 05 or Chelsea 12)

Best thing for Chelsea is to probably go out at this stage and concentrate on the Top 4 race this season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
On the one hand I don't think Lampard will take Chelsea back to the top on the other hand he's had one transfer window and Chelsea are a young team, I think deserves until winter 2020.

TheReligion

Abusive
Our rebuild is starting to take shape. There's hasn't really started. The same thing applies to spurs and arsenal. Liverpool and City are so far ahead, we need to build to a point where we can legitimately beat chelsea arsenal and spurs without sweating too much. Once we are there, we can win the league, even if we aren't better than City or Liverpool .
Yeah I totally agree. I mean I do think part of the rebuild should be to move Ole on but yeah I'm happy with our recruitment and think if we can make a decision with Pogba in the summer (get him to commit or sell) we are slowly getting the right profile of player at the club.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Such a good point. Lampard has spent literally nothing. Ole has spent, well, I don't know but it's a feck ton.

TheReligion

Abusive
You can't put them in Frank's rebuild. If you are going to count players signed before Lampard came in then you have to put all the shit Jose signed in Oles.
Nah. You operate differently. We both know that. Your rebuild has started although it was interrupted by the ban. Kepa, Pulisic, Zyeich all part of it.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
A team at the start of their build vs a team way along in their development. No comparison tonight.

cyberman

You can't put them in Frank's rebuild. If you are going to count players signed before Lampard came in then you have to put all the shit Jose signed in Oles.
You signed a midfielder for 50m during your ban!

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I think Bayern should win it this year. The other teams are a bit shakey, they just need Atletico to shithouse a result in Anfield. They have technical and physical qualities

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Chelsea will be fine. They have a lot of good young players. Couldn't cope with Bayern tonight but even then were without Kante, Pulisic, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek etc. Ziyech should add another dimension.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Poor again tonight albeit against a really strong side.
They were always going to go through a poor spell like they’re doing now, the transfer window will probably be vital for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.