Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He will be the first of the 3 pseudo-managers to be sacked this season. Actually will be interesting to see the kind of football a proper manager can extract out of that Chelsea squad.
Ole is not great but he deserves better than being lumped in with Arteta.

Amarsdd

Yeah, that coverage was all a bit strange. Not least because people were judging half a season.
Not even half a season. It was just based on the FA cup. Arteta basically kept Arsenal in relatively the same position in the league from where he started.

cyberman

Nah, I think Lampard and Ole are about on par. I reckon they’re decent enough but massively over promoted at their respective clubs, and both can do better.
We had this talk before but the more I think about what Frank brings, I cant see anything special there. He cannot organise an attack. He tries flowing football, benches Giroud, fails, brings in Giroud and resorts to souless football with crossses from out wide, Giroud then gets him out of trouble.
If Frank took Chelsea from nowhere to 3rd last season, recovered from our weird start to the season to sail up the league, he would be having praise lavished on him.
Frank hasnt done anything thats comparable and we will see a huge difference between the two league positions by the new year imo

Kajus

At least he's ten billion times better than Ole because of all the patterns of identity play of style patterning, the P.E. teacher.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
At least he's ten billion times better than Ole because of all the patterns of identity play of style patterning, the P.E. teacher.
Indeed. When you compare their stats it's clear which one is better. I mean look at this league form.

Matches​
51​
70​
Wins​
26​
36​
Draws​
10​
18​
Losses​
15​
16​

Greck

.. And Lampard.
They are in the same category. Lampard has no business at Chelsea, He did well to make top 4 with a transfer ban but it's so painfully clear he isn't title winning calibre. He could fluke a PL title and he'd still be more Di Matteo than Klopp

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I imagine the match going fans would still support him.

It might be time to get rid before they're let in, if they were in the stadium I'd imagine it would be quite unpopular and there'd be booing.
Generally speaking, the fanbase is behind him. There are pockets of of Lampard detractors online, (and they're having a blast on twitter right now) but they were there last season and were never really fully on-board with his appointment.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Nah, I think Lampard and Ole are about on par. I reckon they’re decent enough but massively over promoted at their respective clubs, and both can do better.
Didn't improve Derby and finished worse in the league with Chelsea last season than Sarri the season before. There has been nothing to suggest Lampard is any good except signing a lot of good players and still being fairly average.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't improve Derby and finished worse in the league with Chelsea last season than Sarri the season before. There has been nothing to suggest Lampard is any good except signing a lot of good players and still being fairly average.
I'm still to be sold on Lampard taking us higher than we are but that's an extremely selective take on things!

Loon

:lol:
Didn’t see the game. Did he shake his head muttering in a “we woz robbed” way (again)?

SER19

City, arsenal, Leicester and wolves in his next 7 league games. Could be big considering how much he spent in summer

edcunited1878

His issue now is learning his best forward line and supplying his center forward. He got his defensive shape right, finally, with Kante ahead of Silva and Zouma.

Backline is settled with Chilwell and James. Kovacic is a good partner for Kante. Mount isn't a traditional 8, but he is a good fit for the team there. Then he has about 6 or even 7 players for positions across the front 3, but they all play different from each other and you need a proper mix to get the best out of each other.

Zen86

Imagine the media meltdown if Saint Frank the heir to the British managerial throne was sacked.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
His issue now is learning his best forward line and supplying his center forward. He got his defensive shape right, finally, with Kante ahead of Silva and Zouma.

Backline is settled with Chilwell and James. Kovacic is a good partner for Kante. Mount isn't a traditional 8, but he is a good fit for the team there. Then he has about 6 or even 7 players for positions across the front 3, but they all play different from each other and you need a proper mix to get the best out of each other.
The bit that is unfortunate for him is that he hasn't once been able to field Havertz, Pulisic and Ziyech for 90mins together.

Havertz hasn't looked brilliant either and Werner is an odd one as he has the goal record and has scored a decent number so far - but looks so utterly poor out wide at times but doesn't quite look right central either. Misses quite a few too.

Quite a bit to work out for Frankie.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Should be interesting to hear from the ESPNFC pundits, especially Craig Burley. That clown is constantly talking about how poor Ole is and how he shouldn't be managing a big club like United yet never says a word against Lampard. Yet here we are only 2 points back of Chelsea with 2 games in hand...

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Should be interesting to hear from the ESPNFC pundits, especially Craig Burley. That clown is constantly talking about how poor Ole is and how he shouldn't be managing a big club like United yet never says a word against Lampard. Yet here we are only 2 points back of Chelsea with 2 games in hand...

edcunited1878

The bit that is unfortunate for him is that he hasn't once been able to field Havertz, Pulisic and Ziyech for 90mins together.

Havertz hasn't looked brilliant either and Werner is an odd one as he has the goal record and has scored a decent number so far - but looks so utterly poor out wide at times but doesn't quite look right central either. Misses quite a few too.

Quite a bit to work out for Frankie.
Could do with a different formation the fact that they have fullbacks with good delivery, but Havertz I don't think can lead a line right now by himself in England. Could see a 442, 4411, 4231 to allow for those 3 on the pitch together

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Saw that. He's not who I want to hear from. It's the main panel of Craig Burnley, Shakha Hislop and Stevie Nichols (and that little rat who eggs them on)...
Why do you bother with the shitheads from ESPN? They predicted us to be relegated last year, says all you need to know about them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Knives are coming out slowly but surely.
That I am surprised by, when I last checked they were up points wise from the subsequent games from last season

Things will have to go very wrong between now and the end of the season for him to be sacked. I've said all along though no title challenge will definitely mean he's replaced in the summer. Abramovich don't spend that amount of money and stick with a manager who only gets them top 4

edcunited1878

Lighten up, they were on a 17 match unbeaten run until they lost to Everton that's not inconsistent.
Chelsea rolled over their relatively straightforward CL group, good for them. But they are equal wins with United in the PL, knocked out of the League Cup. It's been a mixed bag for Lampard and Ole, yet you don't hear much about Lampard because he's Mr. Chelsea and England legend. Still early days obviously, but the title talk was so premature and baffling. Too early to claim anything about the title race. Let's wait until at least February and see some clear separation.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Chelsea is really missing Ziyech. Neither Werner or Pulisic are particularly creative players. They both have pace in abundance, but need somebody to feed them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That I am surprised by, when I last checked they were up points wise from the subsequent games from last season

Things will have to go very wrong between now and the end of the season for him to be sacked. I've said all along though no title challenge will definitely mean he's replaced in the summer. Abramovich don't spend that amount of money and stick with a manager who only gets them top 4
We are (up on corresponding fixtures), it's the same stage comparison we're down on.

Status
Not open for further replies.