Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

No. Hasn't. No concrete evidence yet.
Yep, full season and Ole finished above them. Already set to go above them when we play our game in hand. Ole has a fantastic head to head record as well.
Im lost as to what metric Ole and his decisions are behind Franks.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Surely you have to base the success level of your signings on whether they're good enough or potentially good enough to play in title winning teams as opposed to doing enough to finish above a team with a transfer embargo on goal difference. I'm assuming that's your ultimate aim.

Bruno and VDB defiently can, Maguire possibly depending on the system and his teammates but the rest don't strike me as players that could play in title winning sides.
None of Rashford, Martial or Greenwood?

RashyForPM

But Ole was manager when you signed VDB and Cavani.

Frank was Derby manager when Chelsea signed Kova and Puli. He might not have wanted either in the same way he didn't want Batshuayi eg they were already Chelsea players.
Question: Of course he’s improved a bit now, but if you didn’t have the transfer ban, would you lot have signed Kovacic permanently? And did you personally and other Chelsea fans even want him? Honestly, under Sarri, he looked nothing more than a Croatian James McArthur.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Question: Of course he’s improved a bit now, but if you didn’t have the transfer ban, would you lot have signed Kovacic permanently? And did you personally and other Chelsea fans even want him? Honestly, under Sarri, he looked nothing more than a Croatian James McArthur.
I didn't really want him on a perm. He was one of our better players last season though.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Yep, full season and Ole finished above them. Already set to go above them when we play our game in hand. Ole has a fantastic head to head record as well.
OGS record signing has played 70 odd games for the club.
Lampard's record signing has played 12 odd games.

How is that a level playing field to judge which manager has used their money better?

tomaldinho1

This season I think they are directly comparable. Season before I think Ole had the upper hand given heavy transfer spending versus the ban & now Frank has had a big window. Both finished top 4, are (more accurately were in our case) in CL and I think both should be making top four this season.

If either of them misses the top four I think they will be sacked/walk this season.

slored1

Don't understand how is this guy highly rated. Spent 300 million this season only to lose against every serious team they play against.

Don't understand how is this guy highly rated. Spent 300 million this season only to lose against every serious team they play against.
He’s gone under the radar because Noone seems to notice they have played more games that the likes of United and City.

Superunknown

Chelsea will inevitably replace him. They've spent the summer upgrading on their squad and they'll upgrade on Lampard too if the results don't improve. I do think he's unlucky in the sense that several of the new signings (mainly Havertz and Werner) haven't clicked yet, but it takes some signings longer than others.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Knives are coming out slowly but surely.
Were poor today. Team balance is off again, back 4 is ok. Midfield and attack not working at all today, Kante by himself, got nothing out of Pulisic, Werner or Havertz.

Lampard got lot of thinking to do.

Do they have a worse squad than us yet? I know that Leicester apparently did for most of last season and the likes of Leftback have been doing similar this year with Chelsea.

Spent big has Frank, and 22 points after 13 games isn’t good enough, pressure will be on if they don’t find form again quickly cause Roman won’t hang around.

cyberman

Do they have a worse squad than us yet? I know that Leicester apparently did for most of last season and the likes of Leftback have been doing similar this year with Chelsea.

Spent big has Frank, and 22 points after 13 games isn’t good enough, pressure will be on if they don’t find form again quickly cause Roman won’t hang around.
Itll be turned into Frank is doing wonders yet again in no time despite fans talk of expecting 80 plus points at the start of the season.
Bedding in players etc etc. He will never be faulted as long as Ole is in charge of Utd

Poch looks bang on to get this job when Lampard is sacked.
I can see it now.

Roman is ruthless as per, we aren’t, Poch comes in during January, gets Chelsea 2nd or 3rd with an excellent CL run whilst we miss out on top 4 altogether.

The Poch doubters and Ole disciples will simply say “he had a better squad” amongst a million other excuses. It’ll have nothing to do with Ole, nor the fact that Poch is clearly a very good manager.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Doesn’t get nearly enough media criticism considering the massive outlay in a single window.

Sweet Square

I can see it now.

Roman is ruthless as per, we aren’t, Poch comes in during January, gets Chelsea 2nd or 3rd with an excellent CL run whilst we miss out on top 4 altogether.

The Poch doubters and Ole disciples will simply say “he had a better squad” amongst a million other excuses. It’ll have nothing to do with Ole, nor the fact that Poch is clearly a very good manager.
Very normal post.

AshRK

I can see it now.

Chelsea under a decent manager with this squad will be a scary proposition. I wouldn't be surprised if Ole outlasts Lampard.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Knives are coming out slowly but surely.
Unless the SoS is the same this is a flawed way of looking at things. Especially when you consider that most top teams are doing worse than they are last season, due to COVID and shit.

But yeah I think he has to finish top 4.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
He will be the first of the 3 pseudo-managers to be sacked this season. Actually will be interesting to see the kind of football a proper manager can extract out of that Chelsea squad.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I imagine the match going fans would still support him.

It might be time to get rid before they're let in, if they were in the stadium I'd imagine it would be quite unpopular and there'd be booing.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Right now they don't have a decent manager. Give this squad to allegri or Poch they will do far better than lampard.
As a squad, they're arguably better than Pool as well. Have tremendous depth in each position and they should be competing for the title, irrespective of whether you need 85 points to win the title or 95

always_hoping

As I said before for the money spent on already strong squad Roman will expect a title challenge at the very least from this season.

AshRK

As a squad, they're arguably better than Pool as well. Have tremendous depth in each position and they should be competing for the title, irrespective of whether you need 85 points to win the title or 95
Exactly. For the talent they possess and for the amount they have spent they should do much better. I would prefer Lampard is never sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.