Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

That’s what happens when you try and copy our pattern :lol:

Give it Tore Andre Flo until the end of the season.

Nori-

You can't spend what Chelsea, have a squad with that much quality and be down in 8th. Especially with an owner like Abramovich.

The fact Lampard's a Chelsea legend will give him a bit more breathing space but I think if not this week then one more bad result and he's gone.

KeanoMagicHat

They should probably get a proper manager in that's available...I dunno, maybe Sarri? He could do well with some of his favourite players in the squad...I dunno, maybe Jorginho?

90 + 5min

Problem with Lampard is little bit complex. While every manager needs time, he got some real quality players to his disposal and have bought lots of players. Maybe they need time to gel, maybe not. This case is totally different to Solskjaer in terms of quality in the team from the beginning.

I think he needs to drop Mount (even if he is good player) and try to get Havertz as a playmaker. Put Giroud back in the team and play Werner and Pulisic next to him. Jorgino and Kante in the middle to make sure that Havertz don't need to defend to much.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Too much tinkering for me. Like Ranieri and Vialli did a lot. Change the team regularly.

I think Frank needs to find his best 11, the absolute best and leave it, except for injuries/bans. Stop shoehorning players. There was an Arsenal fan in work today who told me if Chelsea signed Haaland and say one or 2 world class midfielders for example, Lamps would bench Haaland and use Mount upfront just so he could play. He'd stick him anywhere there is a space in the 11. He thinks there is huge favouritism with him. I obviously thought he was talking whack but he has a point. How many times has Mount (and others) started after playing absolute shite week before? When others deserve a go. Abraham has a stinker and Werner... Giroud our best striker right now, so he should get a go? No. Bench

Zouma i thought was doing well, but he drops him for the CB he wanted rid of 5 months ago. And lets a quality young CB go on loan to Milan, and keeps worse options in the squad.

Its weird..... as feck. I dont think he knows his best 11, and is spoilt for choice with the squad

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
However, as much as i love lampard, i think this squad is potentially seriously good with a top quality manager. Duno who, but whoever

Jam

Problem with Lampard is little bit complex. While every manager needs time, he got some real quality players to his disposal and have bought lots of players. Maybe they need time to gel, maybe not. This case is totally different to Solskjaer in terms of quality in the team from the beginning.

I think he needs to drop Mount (even if he is good player) and try to get Havertz as a playmaker. Put Giroud back in the team and play Werner and Pulisic next to him. Jorgino and Kante in the middle to make sure that Havertz don't need to defend to much.
Thing is how do you fit them together? You can’t waste Werner offside and he clearly plays better as a forward with a target man next to him, so him and Giroud would work well together but it then leaves the question of who fits elsewhere.

Havertz has to have that number 10 role, but if you’re having two up top you can’t really have that and have wide forwards too. But Ziyech? Jorginho? Kante? How can they fit everyone into a stable and strong first 11 that benefits everyone. You can’t just mishmash every week forcing things to work.

They’re stuck with very expensive, yet obviously talented, jigsaw pieces that don’t fit together. They haven’t built a team. They’ve thrown money at a problem.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Roman is not known his patience, and considering the investments, surely he is already looking for a new manager already?

AshRK

I don't think he deserves any blame. He had a transfer ban so should be excused.

Are we still doing this.

Patchbeard

Mount is pretty good to be fair. So if Lampard was always going to start him every week then did they really need Havertz? Not really. He looks lost. Shame as he my first pick in our work draft this season too :wenger: (I was 11th pick so all the guaranteed big hitters were gone...)

Ludens the Red

The problem with Lampard at the moment is that it’s pretty obvious he’s now just making it up as he goes along. I genuinely think he’s now just picking his team out of a hat.
I do think originally he had a plan and a preferred team. Now he just seems to be doing random things and hoping it falls into place.
Even Martin Tyler said that apparently he swapped Zouma for Rudiger because they were losing and he needed to change something.

From those defeats it didn’t look like Zouma was the problem, he’s also a huge threat from set pieces. And he’s now benched him for a player he randomly decided in the summer would never get a look in.
Same with Giroud, scored four in a meaningless CL game then decided he was the go to striker. Shoehorning Havertz and Mount into the same team, I’m not sure that’s going to work either.
Randomly at the start of the season he decided to drop James for a number of games and play Azpilicueta. Jorginho as well.
He just puts people in for a bit then takes them out then puts them back in.
Then he put out a strong eleven against Morecambe in the FA Cup third round but agains Spurs in a League Cup Quarter Final he rested players.

These are the clear signs of a manager who literally does not have a clue what he’s doing.

OleGunnar20

Looking a bit of a shambles at the minute. Leaving your big money superstars out in favour of underperforming local lads? Cant imagine Roman's a fan of that.

Give it Frank Lebouef till' end of the season.

bondsname

Allegri or Tuchel would make Chelsea deadly I reckon. On paper they have a title winning team.
It’s not all Lampard’s fault anyway, they made a lot of transfers and the team just need to learn to play together.

edcunited1878

Too much tinkering for me. Like Ranieri and Vialli did a lot. Change the team regularly.

I think Frank needs to find his best 11, the absolute best and leave it, except for injuries/bans. Stop shoehorning players. There was an Arsenal fan in work today who told me if Chelsea signed Haaland and say one or 2 world class midfielders for example, Lamps would bench Haaland and use Mount upfront just so he could play. He'd stick him anywhere there is a space in the 11. He thinks there is huge favouritism with him. I obviously thought he was talking whack but he has a point. How many times has Mount (and others) started after playing absolute shite week before? When others deserve a go. Abraham has a stinker and Werner... Giroud our best striker right now, so he should get a go? No. Bench

Zouma i thought was doing well, but he drops him for the CB he wanted rid of 5 months ago. And lets a quality young CB go on loan to Milan, and keeps worse options in the squad.

Its weird..... as feck. I dont think he knows his best 11, and is spoilt for choice with the squad
He doesn't know his preferred formation that gets the best out of the team with 13 or 14 players. And there are too many players of similar skillset on the wide areas or too little players that compliment each other in central midfield.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He’s way too reactive to setbacks to allow a team of new pieces to build rhythm and he’s done nothing to address the soft underbelly of the team despite additions in attack. He’s cooked after that result unless something changes fast.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I said this last season, Lamps had no pressure due to their transfer ban at the same time as losing Hazard. This year is a whole new ball game.

Imagine they get Bielsa... That could be interesting although I doubt he'd leave Leeds.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
So as it stands, despite all their spending in the summer, a win tomorrow means we’re 11 points clear of them halfway through the season? :lol:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Allegri or Tuchel would make Chelsea deadly I reckon. On paper they have a title winning team.
It’s not all Lampard’s fault anyway, they made a lot of transfers and the team just need to learn to play together.
Thats why i want them to keep lampard.

They do actually have really good players.

slored1

He's been really bad as a Chelsea manager. Look at this team they put out today, there are almost no major weaknesses. They shouldn't be looking so terrible all the time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Listening to sky at the minute you’d think he was forced into playing the under 9s.

When Ole was losing games he was a PE teacher with no tactics. When Frank is losing games the players just aren’t making the right decisions on the field.

Almost as if his cousin is sat in the studio or something.

tomaldinho1

I feel like he was doing this originally and the football was really exciting and then, come summer and all the new faces, it's just slowly tailed off. It's like he can't fit the players into his system and so has adapted the original plan to accommodate them and they're a mess. Probably win the game now!

As a Chelsea fan, do you generally see Lampard as being in control of any of the transfers or is he just given players by the committee?

Status
Not open for further replies.