Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAnderson

Feel free to delete if there is one, I searched but didn't find one.

With the fickleness of the owner as we know it too be...how long with he last?

Big gamble, but the bad start doesn't help at all.

Renegade

Feel free to delete if there is one, I searched but didn't find one.

With the fickleness of the owner as we know it too be...how long with he last?

Big gamble, but the bad start doesn't help at all.
I think he gets the full season. Will get the cut if they’re lower than 7th by January though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Thought they played pretty well overall. But that's a horrid Chelsea side, worst they've had since 2011. He'll be a victim of it.

Tiber

You can't deny that on paper that was a very weak Chelsea team. But jebus, that has to be humbling after stepping up from the championship.

binary bot
Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. That squad is a lot more inexperienced than I realised. He has some job on his hands to keep the owner happy.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Couldn't do deals in his first window, so we can't even see his real vision injecting into Chelsea.

El Zoido

I like Frank but hate Chelsea. Wish him well but it was fun smashing them today.

SirAnderson

Too soon? Knee Jerk? Maybe, but just saying what's probably on a lot of people's minds. Not saying he will get it, but what will be the timeframe he has, since we know the Owner loves a quick sack.

Water Melon

Frank put out a cery good side considering all the circumstances. Had they scored early in the match, could have been a very different game.

dove

Way too early. I thought they looked OK especially in the first half.

gaucho_10

The way I see it, with that squad full of teenagers they can't challenge for champions league, so this has to be a long term project on a budget because oligarchs are no longer welcome in UK.

I base my conclusion on a fact that Chelsea could have moved the transfer ban for January window (like Spanish clubs did with a simple appeal), but they decided not to do it.

Nick7

He won't get sacked this season..he might walk eventually if they're doing badly, but they won't sack him

Classical Mechanic

They played well enough until the second goal. He has a few players to come back so I'm sure they'll do OK. Problem is in England is how strong the top 9 are now really. The margins between a good season and a disastrous one are fine.

SirAnderson

He won't get sacked this season unless we are bottom half at Xmas.
Sounds about right.
Honestly, it was always going to be a tough ask, especially with the transfer ban. He has to make do with what he has. I'd think after 10-15 games or so we can judge if he's tactics with what his got is going to be effective or not.

AJ10

Think they'll do well (not top 4). Having Sarri last season will help Frank as players are already used to playing as a team.

R'hllor

He wont be sacked, media, transfer ban, their legend, doubt Abramovich will pull a trigger on him during this season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Way too soon.

Hope he beats Pool on Wednesday:D

Cloud7

They played fairly well I thought. On another day Abraham’s shot scores and we’re 1-0 down early, or that LB’s shot bounces in off the post instead of out and they’ve equalized.

We deserved our win, certainly, but I wouldn’t judge him too harshly based on this match. The scoreline will definitely sting though.

sh4d

I thought they didn't look as bad as the result suggests. They haven't had this weak of a squad in a long time. I feel a bit sorry for Frank, he's come at a bad time.

Precaution

Won't do anything with Tammy Abraham up front, was decent enough for Villa in the Championship but he isnt good enough, thought Morata was bad? jeez.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I only saw the first half and thought they were the better team, no idea what happened in the second mind

Mr. Meeseeks

I only saw the first half and thought they were the better team, no idea what happened in the second mind
We looked like a top 4 team in the Second Half.. ~15-20 points off you and Liverpool. But encouraging progress for us vs last season imho

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Can't see him lasting long if I'm being honest. Heard his post match interview and he didn't sound convincing at all.

Mr. Meeseeks

Caused us problems in the first half. I'm not sure the players are behind him yet, but there is clear talent there. We cannot judge a manager based on 1.1 (x10^-9)seasons worth of experience, but he managed to challenge for promotion last season with Leeds, and his team was a handful for us at times. If Chelski(ich) sticks with him, he will be a good manager for them I think.

fps

It was so strange watching Chelsea today. How can a transfer ban reduce them to this position? It was like they were a newly promoted team or a group of strangers.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Can't blame him much, with a bit of luck Chelsea could've put game to bed in first half.

K13

Lampard will be fine ... just needs his experienced players back and fit. Some really promising moves from them today.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He has a terrible squad to work with, hopefully Chelsea recalibrate their expectations according to that. Jorginho is not made for this league, Kante seems to pick up injuries now and his forward options are quite dire, not to mention a porous defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.