Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

The key for us is fitness - if we can keep our main guys fit (Already we have lost Son to a hamstring) then we should be much stronger than either Arsenal or Everton.
Spurs have a much stronger squad than Arsenal / Everton. It's not even comparable it's mostly if Mourinho can utilize what he's got to get the best out of the players.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You have spent ton of money this season, there's absolutely no reason why you folks should be fine with just another top 4 finish at best.
We could have spent twice as much and it'd still be premature to put us in the bracket of Liverpool and City, settled sides who have utterly dominated the competition for 2-3 years now. Especially given the condensed schedule and zero preseason, you can't expect a bunch of new signings to gel off the bat.

Title challenge.
Next season I agree.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well no. We both don't have a snowball in hells chance of winning the league, but we're the ones that are more realistic about that.
When you outspend the rest of the league to the extent that Chelsea just did that’s a damning reflection on your manager.

Plenty of previous Chelsea managers have mounted title challenges after a massive transfer splurge. That’s the expectation at your club.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs have a much stronger squad than Arsenal / Everton. It's not even comparable it's mostly if Mourinho can utilize what he's got to get the best out of the players.
Agreed our squad is extremely strong now and we are trying to get another few in before the end of the window.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I really don’t understand Lampards changing, huffing and puffing in the back 4 nearly EVERY single game. Same thing last season. Rotates with 3 GK’s now aswell. What’s the point?

I understand that he don’t ave the best defence material to work with but he certainly not making it easier for them to settle. I think his Nuggets weakness is the defensive coaching/setup and it will most probably be his downfall. Bad for him, seems to be a likeable person.

Mainoldo

He needs to ride this out. This is the last thing we need. Chelsea sack him and get Poch. We are screwed.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I really don’t understand Lampards changing, huffing and puffing in the back 4 nearly EVERY single game. Same thing last season. Rotates with 3 GK’s now aswell. What’s the point? I understand that he not have the best defence material to work with but he certainly not making it easier for them to settle. I think his weakness is the defensive coaching and it will most probably be his downfall. Bad for him, seems to be a likeable person.
It seems a perfectly normal thing to rotate a back 4 for the Carabao Cup? And the 3 GKs aren't getting rotated, Kepa had to be dropped after the Liverpool debacle and Mendy only signed 2 days before WBA so wasn't ready yet. Mendy is going to play week in week out.

el3mel

We could have spent twice as much and it'd still be premature to put us in the bracket of Liverpool and City, settled sides who have utterly dominated the competition for 2-3 years now. Especially given the condensed schedule and zero preseason, you can't expect a bunch of new signings to gel off the bat.

Next season I agree.
Liverpool maybe, but why not treat finishing ahead of city as it's impossible ? They got 81 points last season and so far has 3 out 6 points this season, and not showing any signs they'll be far ahead of anyone. City are great, but they're definitely very beatable and not gods.

So get your expectations a little higher.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
When you outspend the rest of the league to the extent that Chelsea just did that’s a damning reflection on your manager.

Plenty of previous Chelsea managers have mounted title challenges after a massive transfer splurge. That’s the expectation at your club.
We're starting from 33 points behind! This is lacking any consideration of context for the state of the competition.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
@duffer I should be more specific. You should be looking for 85 points.

It’s not thought it is. Just measuring on spend is ridiculous without considering the starting position and difference between them and the title winning team.

That’s not to say the pressure is not on, but he should be given time, like every manager. Are we really judging a manager based on a league cup tie? Knee jerk much?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool maybe, but why not treat finishing ahead of city as it's impossible ? They got 81 points last season and so far has 3 out 6 points this season, and not showing any signs they'll be far ahead of anyone. City are great, but they're definitely very beatable and not gods.

So get your expectations a little higher.
I'm not saying we categorically CAN'T finish ahead of City, I'm saying it'd be an unlikely outcome. I'm expecting City to do better than last year, but if they don't then yes I'd expect to be around that level. Would you consider City's year last year to be a title challenge just because they finished 2nd?

cyberman

What are your expectations for Chelsea this season?

If I gave you £100 to bet on a league position finish for Chelsea, what would that position be?
Clear third, not far behind this City side who only had 81 points last year after all.
Your squad is absolutely massive and filled with quality

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

It's not much more than you spent the previous summer infact I'm fairly sure it's less if you include Bruno in January.

If we need a save us January signing to match last season's points total like you did then Lampard will be on last chance saloon at best.

el3mel

I'm not saying we categorically CAN'T finish ahead of City, I'm saying it'd be an unlikely outcome. I'm expecting City to do better than last year, but if they don't then yes I'd expect to be around that level. Would you consider City's year last year to be a title challenge just because they finished 2nd?
City didn't challenge for the title last season.

All I'm saying is, Chelsea have enough funds to push for 2nd or 3rd with very close points to 2nd no problem. Just considering this season as another season to get 4th like last one is unacceptable for the amount of money you spent.

bondsname

I think Chelsea will have a good season, it's just a rough start. For some reason I actually rate Lampard, I just feel he has it in him.

el3mel

That's the same as my prediction.

I think and expect about a 15 point improvement on last year. If Liverpool get 95+ points again, there's no way in hell we will compete for the title.
When do you think you'll compete for the title again ?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
That's the same as my prediction.

I think and expect about a 15 point improvement on last year. If Liverpool get 95+ points again, there's no way in hell we will compete for the title.
How many did you get?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
City didn't challenge for the title last season.

All I'm saying is, Chelsea have enough funds to push for 2nd or 3rd with very close points to 2nd no problem. Just considering this season as another season to get 4th like last one is unacceptable for the amount of money you spent.
For me 80 points should be the target. If we get 80+ and finish 4th, I'd be happy. A genuine title challenge is premature; we're simply not ready to push Liverpool. The extent to which that's down to Lampard is tbd and will have to be gauged over the course of the year.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Clear third, not far behind this City side who only had 81 points last year after all.
I think that's reasonable.

Strange to see you say our squad is filled with quality. Most of our players are garbage if you listened to most of the posters on here!

SinNombre

The key for us is fitness - if we can keep our main guys fit (Already we have lost Son to a hamstring) then we should be much stronger than either Arsenal or Everton.
Can you afford the wages of your current squad?

There are like 25 first team players.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think anyone disagrees that there should be a huge points improvement.

However challenging for the title or bust (which with Liverpool not slowing down will likely take a points total above what our best ever teams managed to even challenge) with 6/7 new players to gel isn't realistic, next season is the time to be asking that from us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s not thought it is. Just measuring on spend is ridiculous without considering the starting position and difference between them and the title winning team.

That’s not to say the pressure is not on, but he should be given time, like every manager. Are we really judging a manager based on a league cup tie? Knee jerk much?
I’m judging Lampard based on how many goals Chelsea conceded last season. Tonight’s game is neither here nor there. They looked better than Spurs, that’s for sure.

I just don’t think Lampard is good enough and I think he’s expected to mount a title challenge this season. Chelsea are a club with very little patience. It’s been that way since their oligarch took over.

el3mel

For me 80 points should be the target. If we get 80+ and finish 4th, I'd be happy. A genuine title challenge is premature; we're simply not ready to push Liverpool. The extent to which that's down to Lampard is tbd and will have to be gauged over the course of the year.
If you couldn't push Liverpool for the title, the target should be at least to finish ahead of City which can happen, I see no reason why not.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do wonder if Lampard's luck has run out finally after watching that. We need to improve now massively, almost have to many options in the squad. Was always going to be a rocky start bedding in everyone but will need progress by 10 games in at the latest.

We really should have scored from Mount / Werner 2 on 1 or CHO chance tonight.
I know we’re only 4 games into the season, but I’m unsure he’ll figure out his best XI in time for things to gel properly.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I know we’re only 4 games into the season, but I’m unsure he’ll figure out his best XI in time for things to gel properly.
It's not really about a best XI for me but we now have a clear no.1 (who seems capable at the very least) and a proper left back. That alone should see an improvement with Pulisic and Ziyech to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.