Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Before Lampard came in.
But thats under the illusion that Lampard has a say in transfers. Going by previous managers its clearly not the case.
Lampard is himself part of the rebuild. Players being signed a few weeks before he joined isnt here nor there.
Edit as @TheReligion points out as well

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I would not be too quick to write off Mount, CHO, Abraham, Tomori or James. They are all promising IMO. Abraham probably won't get that much better but is already pretty good. The others are developing well.

Castia

Lucky to be in fourth, he’s fortunate the sides around him are just as terrible any capable side would have fourth wrapped up by now.

Not sure he will get another season if Chelsea drop out of the top 4.

passing-wind

The criticism is ridiculous Bayern are one of the favourites for the competition, Chelsea a young team with ambition to be lucky to reach the quarters.

The difference in quality between the two teams was ridiculous. I like Frank and genuinely think he'll do well with time but the competitiveness of the UCL is another level compared to the domestic situation with the league this season.

TheReligion

Abusive
The criticism is ridiculous Bayern are one of the favourites for the competition, Chelsea a young team with ambition to be lucky to reach the quarters.

The difference in quality between the two teams was ridiculous. I like Frank and genuinely think he'll do well with time but the competitiveness of the UCL is another level compared to the domestic situation with the league this season.
How young is that team on the pitch today? Not that impressive really.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What’s he meant to do?

Watching managers on a touchline seconds after conceding a goal is no metric by which to judge a manager. The match takes place for ninety minutes and the manager is probably visible on screen for about 30 seconds of that. I read this sort of thing all the time and it’s just a bit daft.

Lampard has picked his team, come up with his plan and made some in-game changes. There’s little he can do other than that.
He is meant to manage the game. Bayern didnt even have to get out of second gear, it was pretty obvious early on that his set up and selection wasn't working. He didnt change anything and was punished for it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For an intelligent bloke he makes some daft decisions. He should have stayed at Derby and brought them back up to the PL, it was obvious what an uphill struggle Chelsea would be. Only way it makes sense is if he has guarantees that he can see the project through and has serious backing and I’m not convinced of either.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
For an intelligent bloke he makes some daft decisions. He should have stayed at Derby and brought them back up to the PL, it was obvious what an uphill struggle Chelsea would be. Only way it makes sense is if he has guarantees that he can see the project through and has serious backing and I’m not convinced of either.
He's doing better than almost everyone expected. Nobody had us in the top four.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He's doing better than almost everyone expected. Nobody had us in the top four.
He‘s doing as well as anyone expected, it’s just that nobody expected that being nearly twice as many points away from first as you are to the bottom three would have you in 4th.

mu4c_20le

He wouldn't be able to do it without the Chelsea loanees. This experiment has been an interesting one, letting him 'rebuild' with kids because of the transfer ban and essentially throwing away a season, but I wonder how much patience Roman actually has.

Hercules

So how bad Valencia is? How bad United are? The lost to us at home in the Ole era almost as they did under SAF.. Lampard has no big game management, they are going nowhere. Just a few good players coming up and I (a guy who is in no position to tell him anything) would have started with Willian tonight.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He wouldn't be able to do it without the Chelsea loanees. This experiment has been an interesting one, letting him 'rebuild' with kids because of the transfer ban and essentially throwing away a season, but I wonder how much patience Roman actually has.
It’s more a case of how much interest and money he has. They’ve won every trophy since he’s taken it over, I just don't think as interested as he was, not least since the VISA issues and UK showing him zero respect.

arthurka

Chelsea have a better squad than Utd. More experience and top quality players.

3 forwards in Giroud, Tammy and Batman.

Pedro and Willian on the wings with Pulisic and Odoi. Midfield of Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante. Defense of Alonso, Reece James, Cecar A, Emerson, Zappacosta. Tamori, Zouma, Christiansen, Rudiger. Add to that Mount, Barkley.

This is a good squad with blend of experience and youth. WC winners, EC winners and top youth prospects. This squad was at the begining of the season far better balanced than Utd. It just shows that Utd has been starting Lingard, James and Pereira regularly this season. Non of those players would start for Chelsea.

Lampard who was lauded at the begining for his style and resolve is now looking out classed and without any clue how to get some run going for them. If Ole gets above Chelsea with our best players out for much of the season it will be a good job from Ole. That said both Utd and Chelsea have a better squad than both Wolves and Sheffield so I might need to look into that one of Utd finishes below those two.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think the initial bright burst we saw with Ole, is now finished for Lampard and has been for some time. Here is where managers prove their metal.

I actually don’t think he has enough about him, but time will tell and he has had tough circumstances to start of with.

I do think Top 4 is there for the taking though. They are slowing down massively and will drop a good quantity of points between now and the end of the season.

The question is if we will too.

duffer

Scout

Pedro and Willian on the wings with Pulisic and Odoi. Midfield of Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante. Defense of Alonso, Reece James, Cecar A, Emerson, Zappacosta. Tamori, Zouma, Christiansen, Rudiger. Add to that Mount, Barkley.

This is a good squad with blend of experience and youth. WC winners, EC winners and top youth prospects. This squad was at the begining of the season far better balanced than Utd. It just shows that Utd has been starting Lingard, James and Pereira regularly this season. Non of those players would start for Chelsea.

Lampard who was lauded at the begining for his style and resolve is now looking out classed and without any clue how to get some run going for them. If Ole gets above Chelsea with our best players out for much of the season it will be a good job from Ole. That said both Utd and Chelsea have a better squad than both Wolves and Sheffield so I might need to look into that one of Utd finishes below those two.
Would Kepa start at Man United? Would Alonso? Would Christensen, Azpi or Tammy?

If you're making a combined Man United / Chelsea matchday squad, it would not be dominated by Chelsea players.

El Zoido

Chelsea look absolutely garbage at the moment. I mean they have for a while. I'm convinced they need a bigger rebuild than United.
They have a better squad already. United squad was way more of a mess and had suffered badly from injuries to the two best players (Pogba and Rashford), and arguably United’s player of the season before getting injured (McTominay). But at this point in the season, United look like they’re coming together and Chelsea look like they’re going backwards.

Maluco

This is a good post and how I feel too. I think his squad is one of the best in the league and he has lost his way.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Some of our players underperformed massively today. I felt Lampard had chosen a strange team. Barkley should have been gone after 45‘. But still, I would give Frank three more years.

arthurka

If you're making a combined Man United / Chelsea matchday squad, it would not be dominated by Chelsea players.
Kepa wouldn't but Azpi and Christiansen would.. Tammy would also start so we could move James to the bench. But my point stands the squad that Frank has is better balanced and has more depth. Plus this midfield has some cracking qualities.

Maluco

It would arguably be half and half and Chelsea have loads of options and would take up most of the bench slots.

He has always had good options and good numbers all over the pitch. I think he should be doing better.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feel a bit bad for Lampard, he's not had a chance to really mould the team in his image, I'll reserve my judgement for now until he's had a few windows.

duffer

Scout
It would arguably be half and half and Chelsea have loads of options and would take up most of the bench slots.

He has always had good options and good numbers all over the pitch. I think he should be doing better.
We're nowhere near Liverpool or Man City. We could probably be 3rd instead of 4th. Not a big difference.

We lost Eden Hazard and replaced him with Pulisic who has missed most of the season through injury. We have a promising kid in CHO who has missed most of the season through injury. Loftus-Cheek has missed the entire season so far. The best player in our squad (Kante) has missed more than half the season through injury. Have we suffered the most through injury? No. Have we lost key players for long periods? Yes.

Could he have done a bit better? Sure. Much better? No chance.

Also Kepa and Willy. You lot have 3 goalies better than our 2!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Fans' expectations are nutty

It's like you have to be a miracle worker in order to be rated as a manager. He's not exceeding expectation but for the amount of injuries and the quality of the squad, he's doing good

Status
Not open for further replies.