Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Bournemouth (I assume you're talking about the away game) we were shit and somehow shit housed an undeserved equaliser. If we were pinning them back then you would have only further served to strengthen my point as we got a goal with minutes to go.

West Ham (again I assume you're speaking about the away game) fair point I forgot about that one.
You lost both at home did you not?
When West Brom scored the 3rd you were never going to win it. Its too much to ask

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His defence might get eaten if Zaha and Eze click next week.

Jezpeza

How come?
I read a while back its a business model at some clubs - sign loads of free players/youth players then loan them out every year for loan fees. That way, even a crappy player might collect £2m a year loan fee every year over 5 years. Chelsea had 40 players out on loan the other year apparantly. Miazga, van ginkel, musonda, and baba all still chelsea players, somehow

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I think the signings should be made by the Chelsea hierarchy, not him?

I have more faith in OGS than him. Lampard turned the Chelsea defense into shambles. I have never seen a Chelsea defend so poorly ever since the 1990s, and Chelsea will forever be a whipping boy for another top English or UCL clubs until he shores up his defence.
Weird if lampard doesn’t have a say in the players he wants. Never understood that logic because a manager should decide which player best suits his philosophy not someone higher up who isn’t on the training pitch.

lampard‘s team at least looks organize, despite having a poor defense. Ole’s team lacks structure and cohesion. Lampard problem can easily be fixed with a solid defender, while Ole’s problem will need for him to completely change the way he looks at football.

fps

Oh so Chelsea drew. What a lot of knee jerking there was in here.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Oh so Chelsea drew. What a lot of knee jerking there was in here.
Being 3-0 down at half time to Westbrom, all the shit-slinging from oppo fans was expected and deserved.
Not a lot(including me) actually believed we could comeback to at least draw the game based on 1st half showing. We actually did something we've never done before in the PL era (come back from 3-0 down).
Lads showed spirit and that's the only positive I'll take from that game.

Weird if lampard doesn’t have a say in the players he wants. Never understood that logic because a manager should decide which player best suits his philosophy not someone higher up who isn’t on the training pitch.

lampard‘s team at least looks organize, despite having a poor defense. Ole’s team lacks structure and cohesion. Lampard problem can easily be fixed with a solid defender, while Ole’s problem will need for him to completely change the way he looks at football.
He will have his opinion listened to. Chelsea’s may make differ t de ruins and the manager doesn’t have anything like the final say.

Players generally last a lot longer than managers, so the process makes sense. Otherwise you get the situation Utd had moving from LVG to Jose.

cyberman

Lampards defence looks far from organised. Im doubting if youre even watching games of football at this point.
They literally concede from every corner they face

Member 90887

Lampards defence looks far from organised. Im doubting if youre even watching games of football at this point.
What you are missing is that it was not a post about Lampard, but a post about how Ole is shit.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I bet you it’s neither and both will be the managers of their clubs at the end of the season.
The Spurs fans are doing what they always do and giving it large because they’ve had a decent fortnight. We all know they have a shit managerial situation in their own right, but it’s nice they think things will work out with Jose. Bless them!

The Spurs fans are doing what they always do and giving it large because they’ve had a decent fortnight. We all know they have a shit managerial situation in their own right, but it’s nice they think things will work out with Jose. Bless them!
Yes spurs. Bless them. They have their best chance in years of winning a trophy this year, by hoping the opposition have covid and they get a bye all the way to the final!

cyberman

Last season we conceded from about 8% of corners.

There's hyperbole and then there's utter guff.
Theres also being pedantic.

Chelsea have conceded 9 goals from 110 corners at 8.2% - the next highest concession rate is much lower (Man Utd and Norwich at 4.8%). Only Amiens have a higher concession rate in top 5 leagues - they finished second-bottom of Ligue 1.

You cannot defend a corner. You cannot defend. You conceded 2 goals a game away from home, 1 clean sheet in 21 during Franks reign. You rely on bad delivery from the opposition to give you a chance of consistently defending a corner. Your fanbase have their hearts in mouths everytime it goes for a corner.
Theres no guff about it.

cyberman

If you think the difference between "literally all" and 8.2% is just pedantry, I pray to all the gods that you don't work in finance.
You conceded 1 in 10 odd. How many do the opposition win in the box that flies wide? Heads to your player and clears it? Bad deliveries to the first man that are routine? Badly overhit etc. Youre not only losing the headers that you concede to and youre successfully defending the rest. You lose a lot of those headers that come in from decent deliveries.
Literally the second worse side in top European competition at defending corners under Frank. Hang your hat on a bit of hyperbole but there isnt a side in the premier league thats worse at defending corners than your lot. Youre a both teams to score dream bet when playing away from home for a reason.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You conceded 1 in 10 odd. How many do the opposition win in the box that flies wide? Heads to your player and clears it? Bad deliveries to the first man that are routine? Badly overhit etc. Youre not only losing the headers that you concede to and youre successfully defending the rest. You lose a lot of those headers that come in from decent deliveries.
Literally the second worse side in top European competition at defending corners under Frank. Hang your hat on a bit of hyperbole but there isnt a side in the premier league thats worse at defending corners than your lot. Youre a both teams to score dream bet when playing away from home for a reason.
Do you think I don't know our defence was utter shit last season?

It's because it was so bad that I object to your lying and trying to make it look even worse! You be honest and make the same point.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Being 3-0 down at half time to Westbrom, all the shit-slinging from oppo fans was expected and deserved.
Not a lot(including me) actually believed we could comeback to at least draw the game based on 1st half showing. We actually did something we've never done before in the PL era (come back from 3-0 down).
Lads showed spirit and that's the only positive I'll take from that game.
Weirdly enough I did, I was convinced we were winning it right up until our visible drop of momentum after the Silva/Oli sub.

We were getting through West Brom easily even in the first half, especially down the right, I felt an early second half goal they'll panic and they did.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I stated they had a poor defense in that post you quoted :lol:. Lampard team look far more organized. Maybe I should have been more clear what I meant by that. Their passing, off the ball movement, and interplay looks like a team that has an idea what the gameplan is. Which isn’t the case at United where it looks like freestyle football.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Well lets see what happens shall we. One of us will be made to look a bit silly.
He won’t be sacked but not because he has done a good job, but because Levy won’t want to pay out the compensation, which will be a hefty sum.

Mourinho won’t get top 4, he will be lucky to get top 6. If he doesn’t make top 4 (which should be the target) and stays in his job, that says it all about Spurs and also how far Mourinho has fallen.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He won’t be sacked but not because he has done a good job, but because Levy won’t want to pay out the compensation, which will be a hefty sum.

Mourinho won’t get top 4, he will be lucky to get top 6. If he doesn’t make top 4 (which should be the target) and stays in his job, that says it all about Spurs and also how far Mourinho has fallen.
Well we will see how the season progresses but if we do not get top 4 this season I'll view it as a failure because I think we are more than good enough to get there.

jackal&hyde

Well we will see how the season progresses but if we do not get top 4 this season I'll view it as a failure because I think we are more than good enough to get there.
With the manager and squad you have top 6 will be a good year I think. I would rate Arsenal and Everton with better chances then Spurs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
With the manager and squad you have top 6 will be a good year I think. I would rate Arsenal and Everton with better chances then Spurs.
The key for us is fitness - if we can keep our main guys fit (Already we have lost Son to a hamstring) then we should be much stronger than either Arsenal or Everton.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Beaten by a club who don't even want to be in this competition. :lol:

Rapidly going south for him.

cyberman

Really should have won that.
At what point are they going to play well this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.