Television Frasier Appreciation Thread

B Cantona

Desperate
One of the greatest sitcoms of all time in my opinion, no mean feat given the number of episodes, and it stayed strong til the end. I still watch the re-runs daily now

What are you favourite episodes, or favourite scenes?

Here's possibly my favourite episode, in full. Classic farce comedy at its best. It's Halloween, a fancy dress party, and Roz thinks she might be pregnant...

CantonasWife

Queen B
"Video is no longer available"

I like Frasier, though sometimes it's so embarrasing to watch because he can be so awkward. I like the dog Eddie the most though, he's cute :D

Ixion

Fraiser is absolute genius. One of the funniest shows ever.

EricaNo7

frasier is possibly my favourite show ever - i loved cheers but frasier far surpasses it.
when niles and daphne got together it went off briefly, but soon got back on track.
so many brilliant episodes but i think for sheer laugh out loud moments, the episode with the giant schnauzers, the marty party with the hair dye and the cockatoo clamping itself to niles' head are ( possibly ) my favourites.

B Cantona

Desperate
"Video is no longer available"

I like Frasier, though sometimes it's so embarrasing to watch because he can be so awkward. I like the dog Eddie the most though, he's cute :D
I've noticed that happens a lot. I think Youtube cottoned on to sites like this coding the video so you didn't need to visit their webpage

Here are the links, which work perfectly fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjZCG1q5RkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyMGAqdse5M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srHIX5SIlbI&feature=related

B Cantona

Desperate
i sky+ frasier on paramount - and never get tired of it
Hehe, yeh I was the same, they'd run different seasons on the different Paramount channels, I'd watch em all! Some I've seen 4 or 5 times now, but still don't get tired of them

Incidently, I saw something where Kelsey Grammer declared what his favourite episode was. The one where Marty buys him the awful Bullfighting picture for his front room, remember that? I think he had a hand in directing it too or something

EricaNo7

Hehe, yeh I was the same, they'd run different seasons on the different Paramount channels, I'd watch em all! Some I've seen 4 or 5 times now, but still don't get tired of them

Incidently, I saw something where Kelsey Grammer declared what his favourite episode was. The one where Marty buys him the awful Bullfighting picture for his front room, remember that? I think he had a hand in directing it too or something
an excellent episode , altho they all were

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
yes i think i agree - as wonderful as kelsey grammar is, it was a stroke of genius in casting david hyde-pierce
he played a very similar role in sleepless in seatle.

My favourite was daphne moon. Sexy, nuts and have a great ars.....voice :D

As for fave episode, impossible to choose which is great but the sking weekend was funny :)

Poor frasier

032Devil

I thought "Cheers" couldn't be bettered and was down when it ended.

"Frasier" follows that line of great landmark US sitcoms. Beats the pants off that over-rated, over-hyped "Sienfeld".

Alex

I thought "Cheers" couldn't be bettered and was down when it ended.

"Frasier" follows that line of great landmark US sitcoms. Beats the pants off that over-rated, over-hyped "Sienfeld".
British eh, :lol:. Frasier was decent and good enough to watch but not anywhere near as good as Seinfeld. I read in an article that over the past 20 years, Brits chose Fraiser as the best sitcom and Americans chose Seinfeld

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
spot on brad, one of my all-time favourites too. One of the funniest I ever saw was the one where he asks his dad to pretend to be gay so frasier can get with this girl. He met the girl at the opera and she was there with her gay uncle. The other funny one was when daphne old fiance comes to seattle and she pretends to be married to niles and frasier is supposedly married to roz who is supposed to maris.

WeasteDevil

As much as I love frasier, I would have to pull for seinfeld over it. My top three would be:

1. Seinfeld
2. Frasier
3. Friends
Sorry, but they are all shite IMO. It's mild entertainment humour, something to look at when you have got feck all else to do. Never has one of them given me a belly laugh, because they are not funny.

Alex

I think it might be fair to say Fraiser Crane is a better character than Jerry Seinfeld as he lasted 20 years, but I just dont think Frasier is really that highly rated here

Alex

Sorry, but they are all shite IMO. It's mild entertainment humour, something to look at when you have got feck all else to do. Never has one of them given me a belly laugh, because they are not funny.
Name a good sitcom then Weaste

WeasteDevil

Name a good sitcom then Weaste
The problem with most American "sitcoms" is that the funny parts are simply gags. The entire point of a sitcom is the situation. It's the situation that is supposed to be funny, not the gags. That's why it is called "situation comedy", and it's the thing that most American sitcoms get wrong, because they are not sitcoms yet people think that they are.

WeasteDevil

The first video that Brad posted in this thread is a classic example. It's not situation comedy, but rather a string of cheap crappy gags. It's not even funny, it's light entertainment - that's all it is.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
The problem with most American "sitcoms" is that the funny parts are simply gags. The entire point of a sitcom is the situation. It's the situation that is supposed to be funny, not the gags. That's why it is called "situation comedy", and it's the thing that most American sitcoms get wrong, because they are not sitcoms yet people think that they are.
so basically you think all shows are shit then, right?