Television Frasier Appreciation Thread

djdhrubs

This is near perfect. I can't think of whole episodes but certain moments. There's one where he's trying to persuade his family members that he slept with some really gorgeous woman and they don't believe him, so he tries to get photograph evidence. Anyway, the woman barges into his flat at the end in full view of his family and has a massive go at him and storms out. The look on his face as he turns to his family and says 'What do you think of me now?!' is one of the biggest laugh out loud moments I remember.

The physical comedy in this is awesome, especially Niles. In terms of physical comedy and moments of high class farce you can't really beat this even though you can't really say it's ground-breaking in any way, but who really cares when it's so funny and well done?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
One of my favourites was the time Frasier and Niles fancied themselves as detectives, and ended up getting some poor guy wrongly arrested for his wife's murder.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This is near perfect. I can't think of whole episodes but certain moments. There's one where he's trying to persuade his family members that he slept with some really gorgeous woman and they don't believe him, so he tries to get photograph evidence. Anyway, the woman barges into his flat at the end in full view of his family and has a massive go at him and storms out. The look on his face as he turns to his family and says 'What do you think of me now?!' is one of the biggest laugh out loud moments I remember.

The physical comedy in this is awesome, especially Niles. In terms of physical comedy and moments of high class farce you can't really beat this even though you can't really say it's ground-breaking in any way, but who really cares when it's so funny and well done?
First episode of season 5, continues on from the season 4 finale where Frasier leaves Seattle on a spontaneous vacation.
One of my favourites was the time Frasier and Niles fancied themselves as detectives, and ended up getting some poor guy wrongly arrested for his wife's murder.
Sounds like the episode where they visit their childhood home because their old landlord was about to sell? That episode also had flashbacks from when Frasier and Niles were kids. Season 9, episode 19.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I love this show. One of my favourite sitcoms ever!

The last episode of season 1 is probably my favourite episode, and that takes some doing as there's soooooo many great ones. I loved how the entire episode was set in one place (the coffee shop) and was just Frasier and Niles talking about Frasier's first year back in Seattle, going over previous storylines, with each of the other main characters making brief cameos throughout the episode.

The only thing I didn't like about the show was Daphne's character change after getting with Niles. I really loved her when she was the quirky, easy-going, lovable Manc, but I really couldn't stand her when she turned into this boring nag who was complaining 90% of the time.
Did they change the actress for Daphne? I saw a clip from a later season and she sounded completely different. Character wise, it sort of makes sense since she’s spending time with Niles.

Yagami

Good post resistant

That was so funny :lol:
I was going to say that, even though it sounds vaguely familiar, I don't think I've seen that one, but then @Snow mentioned them being kids and I've definitely seen that one. Was that the one you were thinking of?
Did they change the actress for Daphne? I saw a clip from a later season and she sounded completely different. Character wise, it sort of makes sense since she’s spending time with Niles.
Nope, it was Jane Leeves throughout. She's a United fan, too! She probably played a part in getting a George Best reference in her wedding day episode I believe it was. :D

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
A new series coming out in the Summer according to Kelsey Grammer
Yup apparently it will be based in Chicago, he is no longer a radio presenter, but he always said he wouldn't do a reboot without Ros, Daphne and Niles, so it looks like they are signed up as well.

Snow

Do you have encyclopedic knowledge of Frasier or did you have to look that up?
Had to look up the exacts but I could quickly find it because I knew what episodes they were talking about so not encyclopedic no but close. Girlfriend likes to fall asleep to Frasier.

Snow

Nope, it was Jane Leeves throughout. She's a United fan, too! She probably played a part in getting a George Best reference in her wedding day episode I believe it was. :D
Better than that Charlton reference in the episode where Frasier has a butler. Butler recognizes that she's from Manchester because his mother was from there and said "She used to scream out her lungs from United" to which Daphne responded "Is that so? My Uncle Jack once tried to get Bobby Charlton's autograph and Sir Bobby cracked him over the head with a can of lager. Twelve stitches, and he still has the can.".

djdhrubs

I loved the character Bibi. The actress has a great voice and the over-acting she does when she's getting carried away with an evil plan is very funny.

Indnyc

One of the greatest scenes in the series is David Hyde Pierce just left on his own

The whole series is a comfort watch like no other (at least until season 7 or 8)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I loved the character Bibi. The actress has a great voice and the over-acting she does when she's getting carried away with an evil plan is very funny.
Yeah. :lol: Poppy was good too.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

I always thought it was John Mahoney who brought all of the United references.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
I really enjoyed Frasier at the start, until Niles and daphne got together that should've been the end, it wasn't the same when it carried on and both characters changed a lot towards the the end. It went on for too long, and got boring.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I've been doing a rewatch of the whole series since there are a lot of episodes I haven't seen in years. I just got to the Matchmaker episode, so good :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I can’t put my finger on it, but I absolutely hated this show. It’s so amazing every time I see what a cultural success it is. I can’t really explain it, although Kelsey Grammer being a raging Republican never helped. Seeing what a pro-Trump pro-Brexit twat he is recently, killed any notion I might give this show another chance.

ManRed

I was a huge Friends fan until i saw Frasier and got hooked. I think I completed all the seasons in 1 week, it was so good. Wish netflix or amazon picks it up.

Chess pains and Ham Radio were my favorite episodes.

Florida Man

I was a huge Friends fan until i saw Frasier and got hooked. I think I completed all the seasons in 1 week, it was so good. Wish netflix or amazon picks it up.

Chess pains and Ham Radio were my favorite episodes.
Frasier reddit said it’s on Amazon. I never checked because I ended up getting Hulu, mind.

Florida Man

I can’t put my finger on it, but I absolutely hated this show. It’s so amazing every time I see what a cultural success it is. I can’t really explain it, although Kelsey Grammer being a raging Republican never helped. Seeing what a pro-Trump pro-Brexit twat he is recently, killed any notion I might give this show another chance.
It was disappointing to learn that but he seems like a liberal in the show if that helps. For me, it’s the endless stream of smart ass comments, back handed compliments, and overall sarcasm. Niles was probably the best at all those.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm not aware of a single lefty (as opposed to liberal) involved in any of the TV I like, doesnt really bother me too much.

Frasier reddit said it’s on Amazon. I never checked because I ended up getting Hulu, mind.
it is on hulu

Reiver

My two favourite episodes are when Niles and Frasier buy the restaurant and when Frasier composes a new jingle for his show.
Great series.

decorativeed

But he's playing the exact opposite. What he's like in real life doesn't really come into it for me, as he plays the character so well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A new series coming out in the Summer according to Kelsey Grammer
A bit later than expected, but it's just been announced (again then?) that it's returning.

I replied at the time with this and still feel the same:
It's going to be strange not having Martin and Eddie :(
Hopefully Niles, Daphne and Roz are in it anyway. Though I've only seen Kelsey confirmed to return.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Dr. Frasier Crane is officially coming back.
Kelsey Grammer is confirmed to reprise his role as the Seattle psychiatrist turned radio host in a reboot of long-running comedy Frasier for Paramount+.
The revival is being announced by Julie McNamara at ViacomCBS’ launch of the streaming service.
The new incarnation of Frasier comes from writers Chris Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and Joe Cristalli (Life In Pieces), who will exec produce with Grammer. The series will be produced by CBS Studios in association with Grammnet Productions.
“Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I’d like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world,” said Grammer. “I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane.”
Paramount+ didn’t reveal any other talent for the reboot, although Deadline understands that Hyde Pierce, who played Frasier’s brother Niles, has also been approached about returning.
The streamer didn’t set a date for the series, but given that Grammer is starring in an ABC multi-camera comedy alongside Alec Baldwin from Modern Family co-creator/executive producer Chris Lloyd and Vali Chandrasekaran, it’s unlikely that the new instalment gets underway until 2022.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Not a fan, Niles is an irritating little wet wipe, and Frasier is such an unlikable gobshite of a character, just like Kelsey Grammer himself, the entire program makes me want to rage rip my eyeballs out.