Fred’s value

lsd

The Oracle
Fred's value ?

Nothing absolutely nothing. Mediocre player with the worst first touch I have ever seen. Thanks Jose for that waste of money

Pavl3n

Was he injured or dropped for the red card the other night?
Ole went with Pogba, Scott and Nemanja as midfielders in the 18 man squad, because of their height. That's why Fred didn't get a place in the squad.

Wing Attack Plan R

Fred is a mediocre player who has one or two good passes per game and people think he's class. He's easily beaten 1v1, can't shoot, fouls routinely instead of getting the ball, goes brainless and gives away penalties, and he's lightweight. He's not good enough and never will be.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Fred is a mediocre player who has one or two good passes per game and people think he's class. He's easily beaten 1v1, can't shoot, fouls routinely instead of getting the ball, goes brainless and gives away penalties, and he's lightweight. He's not good enough and never will be.
has Fred even given away a penalty at all?

Alek M

Da manic one
He is tireless, works hard, intense, puts in body chalenges when needed. He is not as silky as matic, or carrick, but if the game is physical, his presence is needed. He was lost trying to be our creative midfielder, so now with Bruno in he can focus on winning balls in midfield and disrupting play.

was missed today.

treble_winner

He is tireless, works hard, intense, puts in body chalenges when needed. He is not as silky as matic, or carrick, but if the game is physical, his presence is needed. He was lost trying to be our creative midfielder, so now with Bruno in he can focus on winning balls in midfield and disrupting play.

was missed today.
So he's essentially our Brazilian Kante.

Ekeke

Nowhere close. Got the Brazilian part right though

Allan at Everton averages 1 less press per game than Fred this season, but wins the ball more often. He'd be the most direct comparison

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you want to value & compare both is like this:

Fred:
Passing 7/10
Composure 3/10
Work rate & stamina 10/10
Tackling 6/10

Kante:
Passing 5/10
Composure 5/10
Work rate & stamina 10/10
Tackling 10/10

championo

Top Stalker
This is exactly what I see. Yet, others see something else and it bothers me that our reality is so far apart. I am wrong? Are they joking and I am not in on it? What the actual feck?

Mindhunter

This is exactly what I see. Yet, others see something else and it bothers me that our reality is so far apart. I am wrong? Are they joking and I am not in on it? What the actual feck?
He is all that and our best midfielder unfortunately. He has the engine to keep running and harassing opponents but doesn’t have the passing range and the intelligence to make a difference. The fact that others are worse than him speaks volumes about the state of our midfield.

The Red Thinker

was missed today.
This is exactly right. Fred was brought from Shakhtar Donetsk because of his superb pressing capabilities. Man is tireless and is a nuisance for opposition midfielders. His pressing stats are off the charts for United as well. I have a lot of time for players who've consistently been left out of the team but through sheer hard work has made it back into the side. Fred has a great attitude and does not deserve the mockery some brain-dead buffoons have been giving him for years now. In the time when Pogba was injured, pre-Bruno, it was him and Scott who held strong in midfield. That fated night in Paris he was pivotal alongside Scott too. He's not a passer, and now he's doing less of that and more of the recoveries.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s very valuable. We have been shocking every time he’s not playing. Even when we lost to PSG and 2-0 down vs Southampton, we were actually playing well and creating chances. But when this guy isn’t playing, we look totally symbolic against Istanbul, West Ham & RB Leipzig.

Falcow

Can someone enlighten me as to what ban Fred is serving? Does it apply domestically as well? Presume that is why he missed the West Ham game? Is he back for City match?

Matches he has missed this season - Crystal Palace, Brighton, Spurs, Istanbul and Leipzig. No coincidence we have been shite in all 5.

Brad2020

If United hadn't have singed 32 year old Matic to a 3 year deal extension, than I would have said keep Fred as your back up Defensive midfielder once you bring in a good one.

but as it stands now...if United get a new CDM, they are sort of forced to sell Fred...which is a shame, because I do think he's a little workhorse.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can someone enlighten me as to what ban Fred is serving? Does it apply domestically as well? Presume that is why he missed the West Ham game? Is he back for City match?

Matches he has missed this season - Crystal Palace, Brighton, Spurs, Istanbul and Leipzig. No coincidence we have been shite in all 5.
He was rested and also dropped for tactical against West Ham's tall players. He should be back in XI against City.

The Oracle

Fred's Value

In my opinion, a midfielder who doesn't score goals shouldn't be anywhere near Manchester United.

Web of Bissaka

This is exactly right. Fred was brought from Shakhtar Donetsk because of his superb pressing capabilities. Man is tireless and is a nuisance for opposition midfielders. His pressing stats are off the charts for United as well. I have a lot of time for players who've consistently been left out of the team but through sheer hard work has made it back into the side. Fred has a great attitude and does not deserve the mockery some brain-dead buffoons have been giving him for years now. In the time when Pogba was injured, pre-Bruno, it was him and Scott who held strong in midfield. That fated night in Paris he was pivotal alongside Scott too. He's not a passer, and now he's doing less of that and more of the recoveries.
This is really sad if true. Sad state of how our club and scouting department are run.

We're fishing for limited players...

The Oracle

Like Roy Keane for instance?
With Fred I mean he literally offers no goal threat.
By biggest standout memory of Fred is him blazing a free-kick high over the bar at Arsenal.

With regards Roy Keane, a return of 51 goals for Manchester United (same as Steve Bruce iirc - who was a goal machine of a defender), is a fantastic return. **As a side note I was fortunate enough to have a front row view - South Stand Row AA, of Roy Keane scoring a really good goal against Valencia in the Champions League back in late '99. Interestingly it was the time when Roy Keane signed a new Utd contract, and the stadium announcer told the whole crowd how much Roy Keane was being paid (£52K per week).

Anyway back on topic...
I think it's a sign of the times that our biggest rivals - Liverpool, can call on a midfielder (Wijnaldum) - who isn't a first team regular, and he has goals in his locker, this was evident when they played Wolves at the weekend and he scored a decent goal that was finished really well. He also delivered against Barcelona in a semi-final of a Champions League in the recent past. I again repeat that this is a player who can't get into Liverpool's starting eleven...
Yet here we are Manchester United, and we accept mediocrity, in fact our fans are crying out for Fred to be in the starting 11 week in week out - yet the guy can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. The opposition know he offers zero goal threat - so they focus more on our players who are goal threats - Rashford, Bruno etc.

tomaldinho1

Nowhere close. Got the Brazilian part right though

Allan at Everton averages 1 less press per game than Fred this season, but wins the ball more often. He'd be the most direct comparison
Allan is like tidier version of Fred.

Fred plays like he's had a triple espresso and downed a bag of skittles before each half - flies around tirelessly and is a defensive nuisance but his touch and some of his passing is just criminal. He's easily our best CM for that role but he's emblematic of our team in a way, I'd rather he was consistently a 7/10 player then the crazy yo yo of form we see at the moment.

MikeeMike

This is really sad if true. Sad state of how our club and scouting department are run.

We're fishing for limited players...
What is a pressing stat. He can huff and puff all game but still prone (not only him) to basic errors.
Can he shoot - No
First touch good - No
Tackles- Prone to cards
Sideways ping pass under zero pressure - 10/10

Simply cannot see what the guy brings to the team.

Falcow

With Fred I mean he literally offers no goal threat.
By biggest standout memory of Fred is him blazing a free-kick high over the bar at Arsenal.

With regards Roy Keane, a return of 51 goals for Manchester United (same as Steve Bruce iirc - who was a goal machine of a defender), is a fantastic return. **As a side note I was fortunate enough to have a front row view - South Stand Row AA, of Roy Keane scoring a really good goal against Valencia in the Champions League back in late '99. Interestingly it was the time when Roy Keane signed a new Utd contract, and the stadium announcer told the whole crowd how much Roy Keane was being paid (£52K per week).

Anyway back on topic...
I think it's a sign of the times that our biggest rivals - Liverpool, can call on a midfielder (Wijnaldum) - who isn't a first team regular, and he has goals in his locker, this was evident when they played Wolves at the weekend and he scored a decent goal that was finished really well. He also delivered against Barcelona in a semi-final of a Champions League in the recent past. I again repeat that this is a player who can't get into Liverpool's starting eleven...
Yet here we are Manchester United, and we accept mediocrity, in fact our fans are crying out for Fred to be in the starting 11 week in week out - yet the guy can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. The opposition know he offers zero goal threat - so they focus more on our players who are goal threats - Rashford, Bruno etc.
He is not in the team for his goal scoring ability. By this logic, you must also want Shaw and AVB gone as well? Dont think Lindelof has ever scored for us either.

I accept he is shit when it comes to scoring goals but that's not his job, he is there for his work rate which is unmatched in the squad. People who dont value his contribution simply dont value work rate and dont understand how important it is in modern day football.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that our performances are so shit when he is not in the side? The opposition slices through us like a hot knife through butter. If you are unsure about that, have a look at the highlights of the 6 games he has missed. In those 6 games that he has missed this season we have conceded 18 goals....18 FCUKING GOALS!!! avg 3 per game.

Conceding 3 goals a game is what happens when you have nobody in the team that chases back and does the dirty work which is what he excels at.

My argument is that we are shit without him and the evidence is the 18 goals conceded in the 6 games he has missed.