Fred - £47m well spent

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

I really don't believe he actually improved much since he got here. Our midfield options have just gotten worse since.

Matic got even Older and Herrera left.

And I don't rate Hererra but he was way better than Fred.

Pretending Fred is good enough for a top team is a strange thing to back if I'm honest

littleman

We can't settle with "good".

We need a Bruno-level, or at least minimum, Pogba-level defensive midfielder. E.g. A young Matic.

Fred and McT are good subs and good squad players. But as I type that, I wonder how we'll ever be able to catch up with Man City in the EPL, when their subs are basically starter level at top clubs too.

Born2Lose

We can't settle with "good".

We need a Bruno-level, or at least minimum, Pogba-level defensive midfielder. E.g. A young Matic.

Fred and McT are good subs and good squad players. But as I type that, I wonder how we'll ever be able to catch up with Man City in the EPL, when their subs are basically starter level at top clubs too.
Pogba-level? He was awful last night too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We are not going to turn from an average club for 10 years to a good one with a click of a finger.

Fred has been a good player to help us get some doubl CL qualification for once and some ability to improve our squad bit by bit.

Thanks Fred. Been a useful guy so far.
Half these fans were the ones crying out for Jose mourinho but soon as he starts failing they pretend like they never did such a thing. Just one of the players from that era that still has a use since we don’t have saudi owners that allows us to buy 5 cdms every 2 years either.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We are not going to turn from an average club for 10 years to a good one with a click of a finger.

Fred has been a good player to help us get some doubl CL qualification for once and some ability to improve our squad bit by bit.

Thanks Fred. Been a useful guy so far.
Half these fans were the ones crying out for Jose mourinho but soon as he starts failing they pretend like they never did such a thing. Just one of the players from that era that still has a use since we don’t have saudi owners that allows us to buy 5 cdms every 2 years either.
Blaming oil for buying poorly is some excuse. Let's put the Sanchez and VDB ordeals on them too!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He should be banned from shooting.

Anytime he tries a shot from outside the box he should be fined 10% of his weekly wage. I'm dead serious.

It's fecking ridiculous how he still takes pot shots after years and years of embarrassment.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What's the point of locking the player performance threads? Posters will just find another thread to complain in.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
If Fred could pass, he’d be the best midfielder in the league.
He would still need to be better at defending and positioning. Given that passing, defending, and positioning are three core skills of a holding midfielder, WTF is left?

justboy68

I'm no Fred fan and he needs upgrading but he's been way better than Mctominay this half who has been totally invisible. Fred got a number of decent interceptions at least, he just can't pass well enough. People are just going to pile on him now no matter what it seems like.

Idxomer

The funny thing his partner has been easily worse, 12 passes in a half from a United midfielder.

No wonder we look lost.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Typical of the type of player Ole has to work with when he should have been replaced.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We’d be lucky to recoup £15m when we sell him this summer. But knowing us we would want £70m. So he will spend another year here and we will worry about him leaving on a free so we will give him another big fat contract.

Litch

Fecking boring. We get it but he doesn't pick himself. How many threads do people need to start to keep saying the same fecking thing? 47m, didn't set his transfer fee either.....

Litch

Please get rid of Fred then what are people gonna moan about.....look over your shoulder Donny, be careful what you wish for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.