5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Gives us tempo, running, quick thinking and passing. Things we desperately lack. Sure he has bad moments but I think he has a lot of potential. Of and through balls. He gives us that too. :D

Negan

Gives us tempo, running, quick thinking and passing. Things we desperately lack. Sure he has bad moments but I think he has a lot of potential. Of and through balls. He gives us that too. :D
Agreed. I probably wouldn’t have bought him over a CB in the summer but he adds an energy to our attacking play that nobody else does.

acnumber9

I thought he was playing better than anyone else when he was brought off. We were a better team after he went off though.

Drifter

American
What is it with us and Brazilian players. Expect a little bit more for the 52 mil splashed out on him .Today was his poorest game for us in a pink shirt.

He's a good player but it's impossible playing him with Matic. They are polar opposites in style. You have Fred charging all over and Matic sitting back basically watching, they leave gaps all over between them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought he was playing better than anyone else when he was brought off. We were a better team after he went off though.
I wouldn't go as far as that but I do agree, the change seemed odd at the time however Herrera did look even better

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His pressing presented us with 3 goal scoring opportunities. We could have buried the game with him already on - however when he plays he leaves an island of space between him and Matic because Pogba doesn’t actually want to drop and cover him. Herrera just knows his boundaries and limits a lot better and we look a lot tighter and in control with him on. That is the difference between a top coach and a mastermind like Mourinho. Fred was playing great when he was taken off but Mourinho had a much bigger vision in the moment

Fred would have to adapt his playing style to accommodate what his teammates do defensively around him. He would be great in a game where the opposition are showing no desire to actually attack us properly - ie pierce passes in spaces/channels that Fred/pogs/Matic leave open

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
First of all it makes a refreshing change to see someone pressing so vehemently in our team, however there's a clear tactical misunderstanding between him and Pogba. Whenever Fred went on to press, Pogba doesn't drop back and this presents an open route for the other team to attack our team. This improved in the second half.

Having said that I really like him as a player, there's something very unique about him. I personally don't understand the posts saying that he was bad today. Created a lovely chance for Sanchez too when he was wrongly given offside, his pressing is also good and presented some good chances for us.

meninred

Fred is going to be compared with other signed midfielders like Jorginiho..keita..fabiniho..Torrerra..etc..I don't know if he is considered in the same bracket as them.

Trondivan

Think he is weak and no threat offensive. Can pass - yes. Can Jog - yes.

Can score? No. Kan assist? No. Can tacle? Hell no. Can make a difference? No. Better than the rest? No.

But he might adapt and come good

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Would love to hear Johnathan Pearce's thoughts on his dive if he was commentating on the game today, especially after his comments wanting that Fulham player flogged last week for his antics "Shameful! you are a disgrace!" He went down holding his leg and then switched to his head after being pushed a little on his back. :lol:

Wayne's World

Just me who thinks he wasn't that bad at all?

At least he's trying something different even though it didn't work all the time, he's adjusting to the league and he'll become a good addition for us

the_irish123

His pressing presented us with 3 goal scoring opportunities. We could have buried the game with him already on - however when he plays he leaves an island of space between him and Matic because Pogba doesn’t actually want to drop and cover him. Herrera just knows his boundaries and limits a lot better and we look a lot tighter and in control with him on. That is the difference between a top coach and a mastermind like Mourinho. Fred was playing great when he was taken off but Mourinho had a much bigger vision in the moment

Fred would have to adapt his playing style to accommodate what his teammates do defensively around him. He would be great in a game where the opposition are showing no desire to actually attack us properly - ie pierce passes in spaces/channels that Fred/pogs/Matic leave open
I can’t believe I’m reading this. The team is the only top team who doesn’t press as a unit. We play football from 15 years ago. The gap Fred left was because Matic and the defense were like 20 meters deeper than where a big club line should be.

Ashley R1+O

Just me who thinks he wasn't that bad at all?

At least he's trying something different even though it didn't work all the time, he's adjusting to the league and he'll become a good addition for us
Yeah I thought he did well as well, worked hard, missed a chance, bit of a shocker of a "come on lad" dive. The commentator was absolutely shitting all over him right up until he came off. Didn't agree at all.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fred would be a real asset for a high-pressing team. I think he'd be quite devastating at Liverpool. Most of our half-chances in the first half came from him winning the ball back high up the field, although he didn't always make the right pass after that.

The fact that Mourinho bought Fred, and his comments after the match about how we were supposed to be pressing them high, make it sound like Mourinho wants to start pressing higher up the field. The fact that he continues to play Matic indicates he doesn't really know how to. Herrera, Fred, Sanchez...all three of them are built to press. Rashford as well, and even Martial and Pogba would likely do better. Just put those six out there with orders (and practice) to press the opposition into submission.

IAmAWinner

I thought he was having a good game, much better than Matic, yet he was substituted.
Don't know what game Luckhurst was watching.

Andersonson

I don't think he was better than Matic at all. Sure he was pressing, but he was out of position all the time. Making huge gaps for Bournemouth to take advantage off. Just because he runs doesnt make him good, you have to run smart as well. Looks tactically lost.

SteveW

Thought he was decent. Won the ball a good few times, positive in possession, mobile. Looks to have plenty of potential.

Thiagoal

In the right team where the midfield press in unison he could be outstanding! However, as ever we bought a player that doesn't compliment the others around him! Nemanja Static is not suited to play with Fred and makes him look like a headless chicken!

Sauldogba

Im glad im not the only one who thought he had a good game.
Theres a good player in there but we are not playing to his strengths.

DCP

Dive and miss aside, I thought he had a pretty good game, won the ball, looked to move forward, simple and effective.

Ludens the Red

I was very critical of his first few games but I can actually see why we’ve bought him although he’s way too raw and way too far from being the finished article to have cost as much as he did.
He was good against Bourhrmouth for the first 30 mins or so but after that... jesus.
Someone mentioned it in the match day thread but he plays like a player playing for the best team in a run away league. In the sense he just plays without really thinking and without the need to think.

Canagel

Fred is going to be compared with other signed midfielders like Jorginiho..keita..fabiniho..Torrerra..etc..I don't know if he is considered in the same bracket as them.
Of course he is. He's just as important as any of those players in the right team with the right tactics. Can see why City were interested.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Weird player. Technically never seems to do a lot wrong. Actually never seems to do a lot.

Eugenius

Will give him the benefit of the doubt but he's as bad as Matic in terms of taking too many touches on the ball and turning into trouble. Both invite too much pressure when on the ball - Herrera was an upgrade when he came on.

meninred

My worry is that all our midfielders are average central midfielders barring pogba..no real attacking or defensive or even box to box..just pass the ball sideways or backwards..I pray i am wrong.

Kag

My worry is that all our midfielders are average central midfielders barring Pogba..no real attacking or defensive or even box to box..just pass the ball sideways or backwards..I pray i am wrong.
We’ve got a very good group of central midfielders.

My worry is that all our midfielders are average central midfielders barring Pogba..no real attacking or defensive or even box to box..just pass the ball sideways or backwards..I pray i am wrong.
They are not average, they are good, but unfortunately nothing more. We have 6 international midfielders, but only Pogba that is exceptional, and he’s only exceptional sporadically.

Mickson

I just don't get the point. We are paying £52m for a player that's not better than what we've got really. He is another Herrera, and maybe not even that. Not THAT young either. We could've done so much more with the money, and there's definitely a problem that we don't have any world class midfielders bar Pogba. I just don't get it. What's the plan?

DamoK

Im glad im not the only one who thought he had a good game.
Theres a good player in there but we are not playing to his strengths.
I remember him being excellent for Shaktar against city last season in the etihad and in shaktar. We need to give him a consistent run of games, his talented and offers us something our other midfielders don't have which is pace!

the_irish123

He looks good with the ball in his feet, but watching a few Shakhtar games I thought he was a defensive dynamo, stealing balls everywhere. With us it looks like he has trouble covering ground and reaching the ball due to his petite size, its weird. He even looked bigger in Shakhtar, heh.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He looks good with the ball in his feet, but watching a few Shakhtar games I thought he was a defensive dynamo, stealing balls everywhere. With us it looks like he has trouble covering ground and reaching the ball due to his petite size, its weird. He even looked bigger in Shakhtar, heh.
Even with us he wins lot of tackles.

yfoFC

Even with us he wins lot of tackles.
This

Against Bournemouth, in the first half alone he won the ball back 5 times so he's doing the defensive work well

And his first time passes forward are a joy to watch, hope Jose gives him a run in the side soon

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Apparently Jose played Fellaini against the advice of doctors and then complained he didn't have two Fellainis so he could start one and bring the other off the bench for the last 25 minutes. Must be joyful being Fred. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.