Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Might be a bit premature, but he has a point. Its one of his good qualities and that will certainly be a positive for our midfield balance. But the question we don't know the answer to yet is what are his bad qualities, and what effect do they have on the team. One thing I think he might struggle with is what to do with the ball when we control games, but that shouldn't be a big problem if Pogba is on form.
It is definitely premature. This was a preseason game, it means feck all

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It is definitely premature. This was a preseason game, it means feck all
It means he can do it tho. Most people have been seeing the same thing on youtube videos too. On that basis, it is fair to comment on it even if it is a preseason game. What you don't usually see much in those youtube videos is what you don't like about the player. He probably won't have exactly the same weaknesses as Herrera

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It means he can do it tho. Most people have been seeing the same thing on youtube videos too. On that basis, it is fair to comment on it even if it is a preseason game. What you don't usually see much in those youtube videos is what you don't like about the player. He probably won't have exactly the same weaknesses as Herrera
I hope you are right because it would benefit the club but I'll remain patient because I've seen it time and time again players looking good, looking like the missing piece in preseason only to disappoint when the real football starts. It happens too often so I will eagerly wait to see him play in the PL and in the CL

meamth

One thing's for sure is his dribbling skills and close control is quicker than Pogba but not as finessed.

He is a different option that I'm excited to see with Pogba and Matic.

deafepl

If Matic injured for a month, Fred-Pereira-Pogba would be exciting midfield to watch, creativity, quality forward passes, flashy with the balls. Kind of the midfield LVG would love to have at his tenure to dominate the midfield. Luckily we have Jose who can get better players.

Ashley R1+O

Looks very silky. I think he'll be excellent breaking off the front of the attack and facilitating this season. Will take the role between Matic and Pogba.

meamth

Looks very silky. I think he'll be excellent breaking off the front of the attack and facilitating this season. Will take the role between Matic and Pogba.
Interesting thought that one. Pogba probably the one who will be limited to attack this season, as he shown his maturity in the world cup. I think Fred will be the one who will carry the ball forward most of the time this season, maybe rotate with Pogba in different stages of the game. That could work.

Ban

Like the look of him. Quick, agile, quickly releases the ball, no messing around.

togg

For a debut and a pre-season match I'd say that was really encouraging. He's certainly skillful and comfortable on the ball, which is more than can be said for some of our other players!

Lam

Between Matic, Herrera, Pogba, and Fred we have an extremely strong CM base. I have a feeling Mou will play 4-3-3 regularly, which would mean only one of Martial/Mata/Lingard/Rashford will play (Luk and Sanchez being automatic starters). Not to forget Fellaini, Mctominay, and Perrera.

Looks like we will be able to play a couple of systems quite easily without dropping in level.

Ashley R1+O

Interesting thought that one. Pogba probably the one who will be limited to attack this season, as he shown his maturity in the world cup. I think Fred will be the one who will carry the ball forward most of the time this season, maybe rotate with Pogba in different stages of the game. That could work.
More time to keep Pogba free in the attacking third the better, for me using Pogba anywhere but advanced attacking threats is a waste of time. 4-3-3 with Fred in between facilitating on the ball.

meamth

More time to keep Pogba free in the attacking third the better, for me using Pogba anywhere but advanced attacking threats is a waste of time. 4-3-3 with Fred in between facilitating on the ball.
I don't think so, I think Pogba will be a mature Pogba this season. He will defend more than usual and leave the attacking responsibilities to Fred. I want to see the France Pogba, who goes to attack with purpose instead of becoming the only player to do that. Pogba will sit deep most of the time spraying passes and when the moment comes he will drive himself forward like in the world cup.

A more mature, purposeful Pogba is the key to our success.

EDIT:

Pogba doesn't have to prove anything anymore this season, hence he should be more relaxed and become the leader he capable of.

Barack O'Bama

Some account posted this on Twitter.[/QUOTE]
What a quick clever little player. So comfortable on the ball in tight spaces and always looking to turn and move things forward and tenacious in the tackle which is exactly what we need. Very excited about what he can bring to the table. Could be a modric-esque type signing carrying the ball forward through the centre at pace. Hopefully with the ability he has he won’t take long to settle in.

AlwaysRed66

I await to see how he performs when getting pressed & given no time to play in the Premier league before making any judgement. Not how he does against a slow moving Madrid reserve side in a friendly game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The Black N’golo Kante (hopefully). And even a bit of Luka in there.

Conor

Even just from his touches in that game, kind of looks like what everyone wished Anderson was.

maniwin

did you even watch World Cup ? Pogba was man marking Fellaini for example , he was in double pivot with kante with lots of responsibility to defense and end up winning it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He plays nothing like him...
He does. His speed across the ground, and height draw similarities for me. And if we’re not using this game in isolation, he is statistically very good at recovering the ball. The Luka in him is what separates them of course, but they do have some things in common (besides just being CMs).

kirk buttercup

That bit of skill to clear the ball :drool:. Enough doom and gloom on here some very decent players at this club . Can't wait to see him Andreas and Pogba play together

MadMike

Looking at the highlights he looks good. There’s a bit of edge on Fredge.

I’ll get my coat

Baxter

Very good against a high press it looks. Pereira too.

Member 90887

Looked very good for a first game as a starter. excited to see him this year. offers the perfect balance to complete Matic and Pogba. i think we found our best midfield.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
where exactly did he play last night? how did we set up in midfield?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The Black N’golo Kante (hopefully). And even a bit of Luka in there.
Besides being a different kind of player, what color do you imagine Kante is?

Borden

Really looked a class act. Quite impressive since he hasn't played much at all in the last two months.
That's encouraging. I missed the game and only have youtube highlights to go by but I've liked what I've seen. Looks a quick, energetic, nifty player with some excellent passes in him who can withstand pressure, which is exactly what we need.

If he settles well we'll potentially have a phenomenal midfield with him, Pogba and Matic, and good backup in Pereira, Herrera (if he can get back to his best) and Fellaini.

CA1

He's a style of midfielder we didn't have. A midfielder who is agile and good in tight spaces.

So if he's got the quality it's a very good buy. Looks promising to me.

BarstoolProphet

Looks very promising indeed. Especially based on his style of play. With him and Pereira we now have potentially the two type of midfielders we have severely lacked under Mourinho.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Besides being a different kind of player, what color do you imagine Kante is?
It’s so obviously a joke. Or if you prefer, I thought Kante was white.

Status
Not open for further replies.