5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

We need a player from midfield breaking the defensive lines. Haven't seen enough of him yet to know if he can do that.

AaronRedDevil

Some account posted this on Twitter.
What a quick clever little player. So comfortable on the ball in tight spaces and always looking to turn and move things forward and tenacious in the tackle which is exactly what we need. Very excited about what he can bring to the table. Could be a modric-esque type signing carrying the ball forward through the centre at pace. Hopefully with the ability he has he won’t take long to settle in.[/QUOTE]
Sounds exciting. Watched the highlights. Seems to be the player Utd have been missing for a while, very skill full on the ball and can burn players at a close distance.

Johan07

Looked lively yesterday. Great! Didnt seem fazed by the occasion; first start for United and against Real as well. Pre-season game or not. Good attitude.

Will be interesting to see how he tackles the tempo in the PL when that day comes. Positive start though.

Litch

Early days but hes not some young lad that appeared from nowhere, he comes with quality but like most new signings whether he can manage the expectations of the club and the transition of playing in this very unforgiving league.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He was great I thought and will be a definite fan favourite. Repeating myself from the match day thread but he looks like what I’d hoped Anderson would be.

Canagel

Very encouraging first match for Fred. I can already see what he will bring to the team. Skill, speed, trickery but also composure when being pressed. You won't see him hoofing the ball for the sake of hoofing. Either he will turn his man and set us up to counter or he will win the team a foul. Can't wait to see more. We need this arrogance in our midfield.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

Some account posted this on Twitter.
That pass to Shaw that bypassed about 4 people was sublime, then Shaw skied the cross :mad:

Anyway I think Fred will be great for us, opposition players wont be able to gang up 3 players on Pogba like they used to because this guy will be a threat with the ball and in open spaces too.
Plus his first priority is to pass it forward and get the ball moving, that will help our transitional play so much.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Will make such an impact. Having someone who can bypass the press as comfortably as he will improve our attacking game no end. His dribbling ability will also be another avenue of attack.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Quietly confident he will turn out better than Keita.

Bestietom

He better wear good protection around the ankles and shins as there will be plenty of tackles going in on him. He really looks like the link we want in midfield between Matic and Pogba.

AlexUTD

where exactly did he play last night? how did we set up in midfield?
He played very good, he was playing right central mid with Herrera left and Pereira behind as CDM.

Fred brings so much energy to the midfield! and he turns the play fast forward and his pass to Shaw was sublime:drool:

Full highlights of Fred:

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
Still seems a fair bit off full fitness and sharpness, but some promising signs.

I'm hoping this guy could end up being what Anderson should have been.

ash_86

First impression: Brilliant in tight spaces. We need players to make runs when he has the balls cause he will find them.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Looks like exactly what we needed. Someone who can beat the press, turn with the ball and surge forward and make a quick pass when needed.

izec

I dont know what some expected, it is not like he is some teenager we bought for 5m. He is a Brazilian international and CL experienced. We also payed decent money and he was on Citys radar too. I thought that was the minimum expected of him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I dont know what some expected, it is not like he is some teenager we bought for 5m. He is a Brazilian international and CL experienced. We also payed decent money and he was on Citys radar too. I thought that was the minimum expected of him.
Fabinho was the caf's choice and he has been a certified disaster in pre-season. Had he signed for us we'd have multiple threads on how our scouting is so bad that fans could make the scouting reports.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think he could be a big signing for us. We were definitely in need of a midfielder who brings energy and works hard and he seems exactly that type. Both Matic and Pogba are more static, they don’t run around looking for the ball and Fred appears to be a good link in midfield between attack and defense.

klsv

Plus his first priority is to pass it forward and get the ball moving, that will help our transitional play so much.
Yeah, caught my eye too from that video. He turned or passed back when he was under pressure, otherwise, he really wanted to get the ball forward. The small things that make us happy these days :lol:

Seven Seas Sardines

De Gea > Alisson
Matic > Fabinho
Fred > Keita (hopefully)
Pogba > Henderson

Still better than Liverpool in the areas they strengthened, now our attack and defense need to match them. Hopefully with Dalot and a new CB our defense is alright, while Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial and Rashford can only improve on last season. :angel:

AndyJ1985

De Gea > Alisson
Matic > Fabinho
Fred > Keita (hopefully)
Pogba > Henderson

Still better than Liverpool in the areas they strengthened, now our attack and defense need to match them. Hopefully with Dalot and a new CB our defense is alright, while Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial and Rashford can only improve on last season. :angel:
Our defence does match them. It's only attack where they are significantly better.

marktan

De Gea > Alisson
Matic > Fabinho
Fred > Keita (hopefully)
Pogba > Henderson

Liverpool looked far better than us in the second half of the season with an okay midfield, the reason for that being is that Mane and Salah are far ahead of our wide players. They've upgraded their midfield and kept the same front line, so they should on paper look even better this season. Our signing Fred doesn't really mean anything when you're stuck with Sanchez and Lingard/Mata as your wide forwards.

Yagami

Good post resistant
De Gea > Alisson
Matic > Fabinho
Fred > Keita (hopefully)
Pogba > Henderson
I agree with de Gea and Pogba, hope you're right in regards to Matic/Fabinho as I don't see much of Monaco, but Keita is a sensational player. If Fred can match him, nevermind be better than him, then we've done well in signing him.
Our defence does match them. It's only attack where they are significantly better.
We have the best GK so that's a no contest. I think Matip and VVD are a better CB duo than any we have. Robertson at LB is probably better than what we have but that's me going off all the praise Robertson is getting and me personally not being too thrilled with what Young and Shaw are producing. I'm one of the few who still think Valencia is an alright option at RB so I'd say we at least match them there. So yeah, probably even; mainly thanks to the brilliance of de Gea, imo.

the_irish123

Song for him :

Freeed son son son son
he's better than Kleberson
fred son son son son
he's not fat like Anderson
to the left to the right, to the samba beat tonight
he is class with a brass
and he shits on Herrerraa

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Song for him :

Freeed son son son son
he's better than Kleberson
fred son son son son
he's not fat like Anderson
to the left to the right, to the samba beat tonight
he is class with a brass
and he shits on Herrerraa
Crikey.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I have also high hopes for him but some over the top praise here, reminds me of that Darmian hype in his first few games:lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I have also high hopes for him but some over the top praise here, reminds me of that Darmian hype in his first few games:lol:
Its the new signing effect where controlling the ball well once is extrapolated to be equivalent to Iniesta type control

Janson

Liverpool looked far better than us in the second half of the season with an okay midfield, the reason for that being is that Mane and Salah are far ahead of our wide players. They've upgraded their midfield and kept the same front line, so they should on paper look even better this season. Our signing Fred doesn't really mean anything when you're stuck with Sanchez and Lingard/Mata as your wide forwards.
Stuck with Sanchez, lol.

Andersons Dietician

The Black N’golo Kante (hopefully). And even a bit of Luka in there.
Do you just go old school and only catch games on the radio?

Showed some nice little bits of ability in the game, the confidence to take the ball under pressure for example and showed he can turn on a six pence. Want to see more of him but looked promising.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do you just go old school and only catch games on the radio?

Showed some nice little bits of ability in the game, the confidence to take the ball under pressure for example and showed he can turn on a six pence. Want to see more of him but looked promising.
Yes.

marktan

Stuck with Sanchez, lol.
Quite. This fecking forum, honestly.

He looks so sharp, too. He'll rip the league up this season.
He was about 3 levels below last season what Salah and Mane were. Don't romantacise Sanchez based on what he once was, he was pretty poor last season for us. Wouldn't be as big a problem if we had someone on the RW too, but we don't, so more impetus falls on Sanchez and he's just currently far behind the likes of Sane, Mane, Hazard in his equivalent position.

Davs

Fred showed some lovely glimpses during the Madrid game and to be honest, I can't wait to see what he can do against lesser opposition in the league.

His first touch seemed pretty ace and he showed a lot of composure in area's where we tend to struggle to do so. That one clip of his cheeky back heel on the edge of our box is delicious.

He's like a Brazillian Herrera :lol:

tedketterman

I'm really looking forward to watching Fred and Pogba play together, from what I've seen they should link up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.