Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFLUTION

Yup, and we can only guess what is it.
So the reasonable guesses would be:

a) He's not defensively minded enough (showed it in his last outing, where he was careless of the runs behind him)
b) He's not doing well enough in training or others are doing better (Pereira / McTominay)
c) Personal problems, not present mentally.
d) Ole wants to send a signal that whoever performs best gets the chance. Mix it up for competition.
e) ??? Has pissed Ole off ???

I think a) is possible, but Pereira has been at least worse, and he's not a player we bought for a lot of millions. Fred should in theory be a better player than Pereira / McTominay overall, so plausible guesses would either be b or c for me, combined with the fact that he hasn't been reliable defensively, doesn't cover up enough space to help Matic out.

Loublaze

ATLien
If he doesn't play against Palace I guess he can kiss his United career goodbye.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He must be really really bad in training, to make Solkjaer (and his coaching staff) think that Perreira and Scott McT should start ahead of him.
Fred can't even make the bench!
A scout on this forum stated fairly confidently that he would be at the bottom of our (midfield) pecking order. If he knew this, the club should've known. Either that, or our club scouts are wretchedly bad.

Perhaps, it was a commercial decision - Woodward wanted a Brazilian in our team, to extend the MUFC brand into Brazil?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
He must be really really bad in training, to make Solkjaer (and his coaching staff) think that Perreira and Scott McT should start ahead of him.
A scout on this forum stated fairly confidently that he would be at the bottom of our (midfield) pecking order. If he knew this, the club should've known. Either that, or our club scouts are wretchedly bad.

Perhaps, it was a commercial decision - Woodward wanted a Brazilian in our team, to extend the MUFC brand into Brazil?
But we have Pereira.

Brophs

The One and Only
If I had to guess, I’d say it’ll probably be something to do with how poor he’s looked almost every time he’s played. Two successive, very different managers have now been underwhelmed by him.

Irwin99

In fairness, although he's been mostly naff in the games he's played I could see some things in his game that looked promising; he can press, he's had a few instances where he moved the ball forward quickly between the lines, and he's reasonably quick. Biggest problem I saw was that he doesn't seem to be very aware of whats around him, taking too many touches etc. For 50 million and a Brazilian international you expect more.

the_irish123

Can you please link to the scouts post

Patrick08

The manager throws in Mctominay and peierera over him, says a lot about fred. 8 months on he is still not good enough to come as a substitute?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The manager throws in Mctominay and peierera over him, says a lot about fred. 8 months on he is still not good enough to come as a substitute?
Yeah even Periera coming on ahead of him is a worry given Periera appears to be very mediocre himself.

I mean, wasn't Lindelof at least being given a chances in his poor phase? Fred must be absurd horrible in training.

ManRed

There is clearly more thats happening behind the scenes. Ole didnt come with any agenda against any players and yet Fred has not convinced him to be a Manutd player. Whoever scouted the lad and convinced us to buy at such a ridiculous price should be sacked.

croadyman

Can any City fans confirm if Fernandinho had trouble adjusting from the Ukranian league in his first season as well?

AJ10

Sadly a player, whose brain doesn't seem to send a signal to his legs quickly enough.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's a bag a nerves. There's a decent player in there, he may not be United quality, but he's certainly better than what he's showing.

el3mel

Second half was definitely better. Not great or anything but at least not trash.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Once we got the second goal Fred settled down markedly. Lets hope he can build on that because he was awful in the first half.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Plays younger than his years... In the wrong way.

acnumber9

He’s ridiculously out of his depth. The much maligned McTominay looks a class above him.

Canagel

not bad. after a quite nervy start i thought he did better as the game went on. a lot more to come definitely.

Last edited:
I can only comment on his 2nd half showing and overall I thought he looked alittle bit more promising.He's obviously a tireless worker and showed abit more composure with his passing.There's still time for him to be a good player for us.Not writing him off just yet.

Raw

For a player that hasn't played in forever, I didn't expect much from him. The first half was shocking but at least he improved in the 2nd. Still yet to see if he's worth keeping.

Ban

Grew into the game. Can understand his lousy 1st half cause he barely played till now.

mewnew11

Very nervous first half. Settled down second half looked much better.

Hopefully develops like lindeloff

Bwuk

Not sure how people are saying he did better - we lost control in the second.

Very poor.

Ekeke

First half was poor but 2nd half was okay. In the 2nd 45 he finally found a little bit of composure. And he made 3 tackles and 1 interception to put in our 2nd best defensive shift from midfield.

Obviously not looking like the expensive player we signed, but in the 2nd half at least he was okay and did his bit

Ekeke

Not sure how people are saying he did better - we lost control in the second.

Very poor.
Because in the first he lost us the ball a bunch of times even if we were on top. In the 2nd half he cut down and helped us keep the ball a lot better, even if the team as a whole lost the ball more. He didnt

mu4c_20le

He improved in the second half but off the ball he still looks out of place. I guess Ole has been giving him time hoping that training with the squad will help him gel, but he still looks like he has zero chemistry.

kundalini

Decent performance going forwards in the 2nd half, good cross for Sanchez's header wide. First half was a bit sloppy in possession.

Given he hasn't played for a while, not too bad really. Still loses physical battles but not a great surprise given his size.

King.of.Red

Not bad just still not satisfied with his performance. He certainly can be better. Glad he got and took his chance quite well today.

Kostov

He did one good pass the entire fecking match. Generally I don't want to be very harsh on him, but he looks out of his depth, and it's obviously psychological as much as his general quality as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.