Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Maybe under Pochettino he would be worth like 100m as he already cost 50.
If Pochettino can get the best out of Sissoko who was not as talented when he arrived at Newcastle, I am sure that he can improve Fred performance. I don’t think his value would increase that much, but he would be putting in performance as good as Herrera or N’Dombele. Fred is talented. We were all ecstatic when we signed him, he just need confidence and more gametime. Maybe education as well.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If Pochettino can get the best out of Sissoko who was not as talented when he arrived at Newcastle, I am sure that he can improve Fred performance. I don’t think his value would increase that much, but he would be putting in performance as good as Herrera or N’Dombele. Fred is talented. We were all ecstatic when we signed him, he just need confidence and more gametime. Maybe education as well.
Pochettino is the man to give him that true Man Utd education. No but he is talented, I don't think he has been as bad as some when he has played. I like his style, he just needs to keep his composure. He seems a bit like a converted winger, which may be problematic at the age of 25.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
There is really nothing to be gained in making any sort of judgement off last night's game.

RooneyLegend

He looks like a player who can't handle the tempo of the PL, thus his lack of composure on the ball. Too used to playing at a lower pace with plenty of time and has not been able to earn enough games to adapt. Looks spooked on the ball and then every so often you see a player there.
You should have seen how composed he looked on the ball in the matches vs City in the CL.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Thought he did okay last night, started nervously(unsurprisingly as he was recently voted the worst £50m midfielder in the history of worst £50m midfielders), but he stuck at it, always made himself available and was still going strong at the end. Last night will have done him the world of good.

haram

He isn't really imposing in any way. Not with his passing, driving with the ball or physically. Midfielders must love playing against him at the moment. I hope he has more to offer.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not every case is similar but I hope people show some patience. Lindelof looked pretty bad last season and he's been topclass so far.

haram

Not every case is similar but I hope people show some patience. Lindelof looked pretty bad last season and he's been topclass so far.
At the same time, Lindelof showed us something when he played for Sweden. I like to give players chances and time but Fred really hasn’t done anything yet for me to even point towards some sort of redeeming quality. It doesn’t help when two managers are not picking him either.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I hope so but I'm not feeling this one tbh. I don't doubt his ability one bit, he seems like a bag of nerves though. It's all psychological with him

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
At the same time, Lindelof showed us something when he played for Sweden. I like to give players chances and time but Fred really hasn’t done anything yet for me to even point towards some sort of redeeming quality. It doesn’t help when two managers are not picking him either.
Well he did make the Brazilian WC Squad on the basis of his Shakthar performances. I'm not saying that it's a guarantee that he'll make it.

haram

Well he did make the Brazilian WC Squad on the basis of his Shakthar performances. I'm not saying that it's a guarantee that he'll make it.
Well there surely has to be something about him for both us and City to be willing to spend 50 million on him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was poor in the first half but second half he was decent. Maybe he looked decent as the bar is low for him. Also he barely played in months.

I believe he will come good for us. He is full of nerves now and rushing into things.

Ace of Spades

Think he just lacks confidence, hopefully he he gains that and we see him settle down after that. After the early few minutes, he was okay.

FFK Norway

Supports
Fredrikstad FK and Brighton
He should go out on loan as quick as possible. Maybe by getting game time in a team who has a regular spot for him he can become better.
50£ is nothing today so it feel like lets just buy him so noone else do.

Feel like today it is possible for a agent to sell a player just by making a rumor other clubs are interested.

OldTrevil

Positive showing overall yesterday, just needs more time. He's struggled to adjust quickly to the move in some aspect, which is not a shocker. The quality is there to see though, he would have seamlessly moved into a high pressing team that builds their game quickly through the middle

Mr Smith

Based on that performance, I think his biggest problem is he lacks strength on the ball. He clearly has quality and vision on the ball. As such, I'm happy for us to persist with him for another season in the hope he improves, or at least improves enough that there will be some resale value.

Litch

Context and circumstances. First game for forever, so many changes, difficult away match....he contributed to us winning the game and not losing it. I look forward to him getting more game time....

Bola

The best thing for him is to start against Southampton. He needs the opportunity to get used to the pace. If he has his second half performance from kick off he can start to build the confidence and experience.
There is an argument for dropping Pogba to the bench of Sat and playing the Midfield that will line-up against PSG, to try and get some understanding between them. That would have to be Mctom, Fred and Perreira in a 433

Appreciate it's a risk, but I see Fred as the only player that is capable of replicating some of what Pogba does. Southampton have had their new manager bounce and PSG will be by far our toughest game of the season with a 2 goal deficit to overturn. I think it's worth the risk, with the mitigation that Pogba can come of the bench if the Saints give us difficulties

Luciano Venturini

A player still in his first season in a new country and new league who has played 2 hours of football for near on 2 months comes into a side missing 9 first team players. Did we really expect anything different??

Whilst I get it that we expect more from him, 50M quid and a Brazilian international. He's going to need a good run of 4 or 5, 75-90 minute games before he can actually show whether he's worth waiting for

scoi

A player still in his first season in a new country and new league who has played 2 hours of football for near on 2 months comes into a side missing 9 first team players. Did we really expect anything different??

Whilst I get it that we expect more from him, 50M quid and a Brazilian international. He's going to need a good run of 4 or 5, 75-90 minute games before he can actually show whether he's worth waiting for
Completely agree, with Pogba out against PSG he now has the opportunity to get 3 starts in a row.

If he steps up then the rest of the season run in will feel a lot more comfortable than having to rely on 3 CMs

Champagne Football

He obviously doesn't have a word of English and this can be a major factor in helping a player settle into a new country and culture. Di Maria and Veron couldn't speak a word of English after their time here. With Fred imagine he walks into that dressing room where the Spaniards have their gang, Then Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Lukaku and Martial have another gang etc and the only one who can communicate with him properly is Andreas Pereira.

Add that to the fact that he's just come from a league that is probably on a par with the SPL and it all suggests that we probably won't see anything even close to what he can do until after his preseason in July where he'll have at least 10 new words to communicate with and will have had the break he needs away from the first team to clear his head and reflect on what needs to be done to have a decent 2nd season.

Hughes35

Just thought he was forgettable. Didn't really do much good or bad.

The problem with such an expensive player is I think we will always give them another season which could tie up funds and a place in the squad for a new midfielder.

Litch

Just watched the first half again.....sometimes I wonder what people's agenda is?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Long way to go, but I still hold some faith in him. Very poor yesterday, at least in the first half.

podurban2

Just thought he was forgettable. Didn't really do much good or bad.

The problem with such an expensive player is I think we will always give them another season which could tie up funds and a place in the squad for a new midfielder.
So what do you mean, we sell him? What loss do you think that would generate?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Ole and the staff sees proper talent in him then we should give him time, but we can't afford to fill the squad with passengers.

I did feel he was an interesting player in the first few months.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You think Sissoko has had a better Spurs career than Newcastle?....

I mean, I don’t watch a huge amount of Spurs games but that seems like a big statement.

Dve

A decent second half, but he dad a nervous start and his lack of confidences was smeared all over his face first half. Very illustration to see Shaw pointing out for him the room he should have sought to make himself available for a forward pass, but instead he took one step back, forcing Shaw to make a backward pass instead. First half, Fred looked like Mourinho´s bad smell with a shirt on. Fred needs to have his head fixed, but with more game time, there is hope.

Sylar

You can see theres something there within him. He defo got better as the game progressed which is to be expected (given how long its been since he actually played). He did as well as I thought he could and glad he played the majority of the game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not going to trawl through this thread so I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I've seen enough from him that to think he deserves a second season. Once he settles down in matches he looks a good player, nothing special but good enough to hold a role here. He's got a bit of a spark, there's more to come I just think he's lacking match sharpness and a bit of confidence.

Kostov

Instead of wasting time on him, we better invest those minutes in someone like Garner, we will have a better player in a year time.

SteveW

I wouldn't trust him in any remotely defensive role right now. Dont know enough about him to say if its confidence or if he's just that bad.

Can see Ole moving him on in the summer.

Hughes35

So what do you mean, we sell him? What loss do you think that would generate?
What loss would selling a player generate? Selling a player can never generate a loss. Only increases the transfer kitty and frees up wage budget. I guess you mean how much less would we sell him for compared to the purchase price? I guess we would now sell for 25 or 30million? Still a good amount of money to go towards a new signing that might be a better fit.

It's very rare for a club to offload a big money signing so quickly though so I think we will give him at least one more season, if the coaches truly believe he will come good or not.

Just to be clear, I haven't seen enough of him to make an opinion as a player either way. I just hope that if we keep him, we keep him because we genuinely think he's good. Not just because very occasionally a player comes along that turns it around against all the odds.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You should have seen how composed he looked on the ball in the matches vs City in the CL.
From memory he did similar in those matches (at least one of them anyway). Started the match very shaky and giving the ball away quite a lot, but got better and better as the match wore on until he was one of the best players on the field. He's done similar a couple of times for us as well I believe, so it's becoming a bit of a trend that he takes a while to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.