5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcking

I think he is a holding midfielder and fits much better in a midfield two. Herrera's role does not suit him at all, he needs everything to be happening in front of him.

SER19

Undoubtedly his best game for us. Quite enjoyed him chasing the PSG guys from the box while they were trying to put rashford off.

Robertd0803

Hopefully last nights wonderful performance will kickstart his career now. From the kick off he was running his socks off. Fantastic.

Him scaring off the annoying PSG players in the box was another highlight.

Sylar

Expecting him to start vs arsenal. Hopefully has a boss game with Pogba and Mctominay?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Grew into the game, didn't seem fazed at all. Seems to be well rounded too and will only get better here. Good time for him to show his class too, just when we needed.

MadMike

Very good after a nervy start. This performance and result will do his confidence a world of good. Most likely starting vs Arsenal at the weekend along with Pogba and McT and we need him to perform again.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Early on he was rubbish and kept giving the ball away and second half he hardly did at all. Like night and day.
Like other games he has played in, he seems to be trying to be the perfect midfielder, and rushes everything he does, second half he settled down into a good tempo, which was what was needed. His best display so far.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He had a decent game, but he is just a weird player for me. He has some of the weirdest passing technique I have ever seen for a midfielder, his passes and legs when passing look so loose, it looks like he never played football at decent level. I don't know, but unfortunately I don't think he will ever be good enough. I hope I am wrong though since he seems like a good guy.

settembrini

His role and performance against PSG plus Solskjaer's comments after the game about him doing the same job that he had at Shaktar are great news for Fred. For much of the season we have been asking him to contribute too much in attack which he is unsuited for and resulted in tons of misplaced passes and losses of possession. Last night he was back to doing what he is good at; pressing, tackling, picking up the ball deep and keeping it simple and he gave his best performance in a United shirt.

Going forwards I would like to see us try a midfield of him and Herrera as the double pivot with Pogba in the attacking midfielder/#10 role. On paper that would be an extremely tough midfield to play against.

criticalanalysis

He had a decent game, but he is just a weird player for me. He has some of the weirdest passing technique I have ever seen for a midfielder, his passes and legs when passing look so loose, it looks like he never played football at decent level. I don't know, but unfortunately I don't think he will ever be good enough. I hope I am wrong though since he seems like a good guy.
Haha I get ya. His stance/posture and technique in receiving the ball means he always looks like he's a half turn or one step away from carrying the ball away from a close opposition player and opening the space. Unfortunately because his feet are not planted and he doesn't stop the ball still, he's never 'fully' in control of the situation and when he's caught in two minds or try to do much, boom it's an off balance pass or dribble. I would say it's a Brazillian thing.

Hopefully he'll find er his footing because that middle of the park fluidity and transitional play would do wonders for our midfield.

He's still far from commanding a first team place but with OGS, all the players in the squad deserve patience.

Adamsk7

First half I thought he did his defensive duties well and played the ball forward quickly, although Rashford and Lukaku were obviously a bit isolated. Second half was his best 45 in a Utd shirt and shows that we need to stick with him because there’s a real player there. At his best he’s tenacious, deceptively quick with the ball and a skilled passer with both feet.

The premier league is the quickest, most physically demanding league in the game and I think it’s just taking him a bit of time to adapt.

Hopefully this game with bouy his confidence because there were a couple of occasions last night where I knew he had the ability to accelerate through a midfield gap yet he chose to pass instead. For us to see the real Fred he needs to start taking those risks. Not an easy task when you’re trying to overturn a reputation of being a flop already.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Haha I get ya. His stance/posture and technique in receiving the ball means he always looks like he's a half turn or one step away from carrying the ball away from a close opposition player and opening the space. Unfortunately because his feet are not planted and he doesn't stop the ball still, he's never 'fully' in control of the situation and when he's caught in two minds or try to do much, boom it's an off balance pass or dribble. I would say it's a Brazillian thing.

Hopefully he'll find er his footing because that middle of the park fluidity and transitional play would do wonders for our midfield.

He's still far from commanding a first team place but with OGS, all the players in the squad deserve patience.
Yeah, I believe anyone who's played football understands what I am talking about.

I like that fact that ,when we did retrieve the ball back from PSG, Fred wasn't being overly cautious with his passing.He was still showing signs of applying a creative aspect to our play.
He showed a promising side to his game that night.Hopefully we have a very good player on our hands and we'll continue to utilise him.

cyril C

I think he is a holding midfielder and fits much better in a midfield two. Herrera's role does not suit him at all, he needs everything to be happening in front of him.
No, he needs someone like McTom behind him, so he is more like a box2box type. Much like Herrera's.

Dante

Average bang
He went to pieces when he was pressed in the first half. PSG sat off in the second half and he able to show his quality.

Devil81

Let's hope he kicks on from here, he's been awful up until the game on Wednesday.

He's got a likable character and is obviously a really liked figure within the squad.

luke511

He was probably our best player in that second half along with Matic, unfortunate to give a pen away.

kundalini

Decent going forwards, though Leno would have saved his shot that hit the outside of the post. Horrible defensively. Absolutely no attempt to close down Xhaka when he scored then unwise challenge in the box for the penalty. General play was fine.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
@Andycoleno9 player running at high speed is easily body checked.

Mixed bag performance by Fred the red. But at least now I can see his good side. Very encouraging performance.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Thought he played well overall but again had flashes of brilliance then a sloppy pass or rash tackle or rash decision to close down a player leaving us exposed.

mu4c_20le

He looked better than he usually does in the league, but nowhere near MotM. Was so poor with the ball, like everyone else tbh.. had a few opportunities where he ran into the Arsenal defence only to give it away. Mixed performance, probably an 8/10

Litch

Only player that showed any commitment today. Thought penalty was harsh..

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Was good in winning the ball back and generally getting about the pitch, but he doesn't do enough on the ball for me yet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apart from the obvious error I thought he was really good, especially in the 2nd. Our best midfielder today by far.

His turning circle is lovely when he’s got the ball under control, he spins around in a circle and runs away before they’ve even realised.

Obviously he’s still got room for improvement but it was a good sign for me.

Basically saved another goal when he got back after the Lindelof error.

MadMike

I don't care what people say, he was great today. Matic was a passenger and Pogba had an off day. Any urgency in the midfield came from him. He pressed and won the ball loads and spread it around well enough.

Minimalist

Incredible he got so much stick today in the match thread.

He was twice the midfielder that Paul Pogba was and the latter had a fecking week off!

Status
Not open for further replies.