5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Has anyone noticed that he seems to play a lot of passes off his weaker foot but in doing so its very evident that, that is his weaker foot. I mean I applaud any player that is comfortable passing off of either foot as long as they do it well but oddly he seems to at times take it on his right when he could easily do it on his left and then the pass is short, weak, behind a player or just not getting to them.

Anyway I quite like what I’m seeing other than that. Not sure I’d say he is a DM but he is really good at making a nuisance out of himself and just gets in and about people and has shown that he is pretty good at getting the ball back. I quite like someof his passing as well as he makes decisions quicker than most in our team and seems to have an eye for a pass or just keeping the ball moving at speed. Again something no one else seems capable of doing in the team.

Think he would be better in the role of Herrera and having a DM behind him. Looks like he has the energy and skill to run from deep as well and cause issues in the box.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has anyone noticed that he seems to play a lot of passes off his weaker foot but in doing so its very evident that, that is his weaker foot. I mean I applaud any player that is comfortable passing off of either foot as long as they do it well but oddly he seems to at times take it on his right when he could easily do it on his left and then the pass is short, weak, behind a player or just not getting to them.

Anyway I quite like what I’m seeing other than that. Not sure I’d say he is a DM but he is really good at making a nuisance out of himself and just gets in and about people and has shown that he is pretty good at getting the ball back. I quite like someof his passing as well as he makes decisions quicker than most in our team and seems to have an eye for a pass or just keeping the ball moving at speed. Again something no one else seems capable of doing in the team.

Think he would be better in the role of Herrera and having a DM behind him. Looks like he has the energy and skill to run from deep as well and cause issues in the box.
Yep. I think that's because A - He's quite comfortable with it for a leftie, which is rare. Most the time his passes are accurate.

B - He likes to keep the tempo up high, he uses 1 touch passing quite a lot, which is both good and bad. Sometimes he can catch the opposition out and make a real nice fast forward ball which breaks teams down, other times he's unaccurate and loses it. He just needs to pick and choose better when to take a touch and take that little bit longer.

I think he's great anyway, he never hides and always tracks back and gets stuck in when defending. His turns when under pressure are great, and his passing has come on nicely. From a slow start he's really becoming a must have in our midfield IMO.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's every chance of being an upgrade on Hererra. His passing ability already looks streets ahead, for starters. Considering he's only really just started to settle at the new club/league - and is a few years younger - I'd be amazed if he doesn't turn out to be an obvious upgrade.
Potentially. Herrera has a wicked through ball at times. Never seen Fred pick out a ball like the one that put Rashford through against Chelsea two seasons ago, which is a pass Herrera pulls out pretty regularly. Guess we'll see.

£50m for Fred looks a great deal for Shaktar to me. Hope I'm wrong. Good player but, at the moment, I don't see him as as much of an upgrade on the players that came before him.

Andersons Dietician

Yep. I think that's because A - He's quite comfortable with it for a leftie, which is rare. Most the time his passes are accurate.
Some might be accurate but there is absolutely no zip on them and they just crawl along to get to the player. Would rather see him take it on his left and zip passes in than hospital passing a lot off of his right though.

Certainly needs better decision makers around him that will just keep it moving along with what he is doing but that front 3 yesterday were awful and Pogba and McT at times really killed off some little patterns Fred was building.

MAME DIOUF 32

One of few positives from the last few weeks. All of a sudden he looks like a proper footballer. Wasn't perfect last night but the best of the midfield three by a distance.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He was the only player who showed some grit and fought for the ball and team. That was great to see, especially as his team mates just gave up after being 2-0 down. Let's hope he adjusts now and can show some quality

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Carrick makes simple passes too. Maybe 1 forward pass per season. Everyone called him the best. Which is it?
I don’t think you watched Carrick at his best (or maybe at all) if that’s your conclusion. I’ll leave a link below for you. But the point is, Fred is misplacing simple passes and losing the ball in some key positions, this makes it very hard for me to see a long term or consistent spell in this position.

Last edited:

MikeeMike

Dispossessed/unsuccessful touches 9 times, by far the most of anyone in the match. Add in his unsuccessful passes and it's simply unacceptable for someone in the defensive midfield role. Frankly what he does all game is completely irrelevant when he is gifting the ball to the opposition 15+ times a game. There isn't a single top midfielder out there who hands the ball away like he does and it just isn't good enough.

He isn't some number 10 creating lots of chances and trying difficult passes, there is no excuse for consistently giving the ball away so much.
totally agree. previous post stated pretty much the opposite which makes me question my sanity.

the_irish123

What are you talking about, Fred makes a lot of passes in between the lines on the money.

Everton 4:0 Man Utd

Said when the lineup was announced he was going to get slaughtered today. Sharing the midfield with Matic and Pogba meant he was going to be running for all three of them and would have very little movement for the quick passes he likes to do.

He needs McTominay or someone else who can play at his tempo.

el3mel

Said when the lineup was announced he was going to get slaughtered today. Sharing the midfield with Matic and Pogba meant he was going to be running for all three of them and would have very little movement for the quick passes he likes to do.

He needs McTominay or someone else who can play at his tempo.
I don't think he's crap in general but probably crap for this league. This is too fast league for him it seems.

Paul_Scholes18

Poor like the rest of our side. Not sure we should have taken him off. At least he tried I think and that was more than half the team.

I don't think he's crap in general but probably crap for this league. This is too fast league for him it seems.
I disagree somewhat. He likes to play quick one and two touch passes and needs teammates moving around him and finding space. When he has to pause to look for a teammate is when he gets caught, and when he plays with Matic that's pretty much every time he gets the ball.

el3mel

I disagree somewhat. He likes to play quick one and two touch passes and needs teammates moving around him and finding space. When he has to pause to look for a teammate is when he gets caught, and when he plays with Matic that's pretty much every time he gets the ball.
He's a big headache and can't see what will happen to him. Has good qualities but deficiencies as well.

He's a big headache and can't see what will happen to him. Has good qualities but deficiencies as well.
If we can fix our problems and create a good team he will fit in well. He'd be great at City. He's never going to be a player who can do a job in less than perfect circumstances though and that might well be us for the forseeable future.

El Jefe

A terrible fit for the PL. The pace of the league and physicality is just way too much for him. I also can't get used to the idea of a deep midfielder having an erratic touch. Its the one place of the pitch we can't risk that and this season alone he's lost the ball in key positions more than any player I can remember.

Art

Art the artist
We'll sell him for 20m euros to Sevilla or something in a year or two after people have forgotten about his price tag. Nothing about him is United quality. Sooner we're rid, better off we are.

the_irish123

Our record with South American players is fecking shocking. Who is our scout for that region? Jamie Redknapp? The only one who performed accordingly was sold for pennies (Rafael)

RedIan

Very average midfield player. We over paid for him x3 and he is at best a squad player. If he cant get in the Brazil team he shouldnt be playing for man united.

kundalini

Awful first half.

He's had a difficult first season, especially in the PL. Needs a big improvement next season.

He does possess some talent but far too many costly errors, often due to failing to control the ball.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We'll sell him for 20m euros to Sevilla or something in a year or two after people have forgotten about his price tag. Nothing about him is United quality. Sooner we're rid, better off we are.
The scout who proposed him should be fired.

Devil81

Let's see what a summer and preseason does for him. This season is a right off for me though, I'd be happy if he didn't play again until next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.