View full 2018-19 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

With Herrera gone, Pogba probably gone, and Matic as good as gone, we need to be getting him ready to start alongside McTominay next year. They had their best games together so it could actually work.

With Herrera gone, Pogba probably gone, and Matic as good as gone, we need to be getting him ready to start alongside McTominay next year. They had their best games together so it could actually work.
Pogba's going absolutely nowhere. Madrid don't have close to the sort of money it would cost to snap him up.

Only possibly option would be some kind of Juve cash/player deal.

Red_toad

Why couldn't Real do a player plus cash deal too? I'm sure we'd be interested in some of their current lot as makeweights.
I'd certainly be happy if the club were interested in the likes of Asensio as part of any deal. But dealing with Real they'd be pushing Bale and with his wages and injury record we'd then end up with another Sanchez type of signing on the books.

Why couldn't Real do a player plus cash deal too? I'm sure we'd be interested in some of their current lot as makeweights.
I can’t see us dealing with them as the players in mind wouldn’t interest us. Varane would but Zidane won’t be letting him leave. For anyone else their valuation would be as ridiculous as the 80m valuation the twats gave us for Morata :lol:
Juve though, Dybala & Cancelo would be of huge interest to United and Juve sound open to letting both go. That would be huge in a player + cash transfer considering their values.

Madrid are simply not a viable option.

Moriarty

I'd certainly be happy if the club were interested in the likes of Asensio as part of any deal. But dealing with Real they'd be pushing Bale and with his wages and injury record we'd then end up with another Sanchez type of signing on the books.
At least he'd keep Jones company in the treatment room.

Silas

Don't see Pogba leaving, but if we go into next season with Fred and Scott starting in midfield and Rashy up top.. feck me, dark times await.

Rafeeq RSA

Fred had some decent games this past season. Obviously also some shocking ones but he was never going to be a hit in his first season. Some discipline and a pre season will do him wonders with a solid defense behind.

Lee565

Anyone else see him being used better further forward like we used Park as an industrious attacking midfielder/winger, he doesn't look safe in the premier league as a midfielder but he's got a lot of skill in his locker, relatively quick, good dribbling ability and has great balance.

berbasloth4

fred seemed to growing as the season went on. was always going to be difficult coming from the ukrainian league but i think next year he might just have a little breakthrough year given the right opportunities

Holocene

He's been managed poorly so far by both Mourinho and Ole. He needs consistent game time and dropping him from the squad after he's made mistakes won't do his confidence any favours.

I look forward to seeing him next season. He's got great energy and passes well between the lines. I don't see him as a DM at all.

Fer

I think we are going to play with Pogba, Fred/Mctominay and a new midfielder.

Would you...
A) Sell Fred
B) Give him another opportunity next season

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Got better as the season went on.

Was good in the CL.

His main fault was the stupid giveaways near his goal. They were horrible. But he also showed decent quickness of passing and moving the ball forward. We were starving for this.

I'd have him over Matic and Perreira.

simplyared

Our scouting staff should be lined up (the rest I leave to the imagination) and dealt with for bringing this player to the club. You'd have to go way back to find a worse signing than him. Ian Ure comes to mind and that's going back.

jackal&hyde

I feel he is getting a lot of unfair stick. He came from a vastly inferior league and his first season was also one of the most chaotic seasons for the club with the manager meltdown, manager vs CEO, manager vs players, etc. He was starting to come good in the later part of the season but that also coincided with the rest of the team running out of gas and imploding.

I don't know if he'll make it here or not, but writing him off after one season seems so silly to me.

Reactions: van der star

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Inability to find proper function for a player in this club reached some level of dumbf*ckery. Only Pereira as defensive midfielder was a bigger absurd, last season.

He can be just as good for United as for Shakhtar, hopefully Ole will give him great pre-season time and show the world he can manage players with obvious potential.

DarkRed

He did not play in the World Cup and then knowing fully well that he will need a lot to catch up he took his full vocation, and then non of the managers ever said that he is working hard.
He only played well in Europe, never in the EPL.

He was never worth the money we payed for him, so there is no chance someone else will buy him from us, not for the money the club will want, so he is here to stay.

MattyB1986

Our scouting staff should be lined up (the rest I leave to the imagination) and dealt with for bringing this player to the club. You'd have to go way back to find a worse signing than him. Ian Ure comes to mind and that's going back.
Sanchez was a way worse signing than Fred ever will be, with his wages and everything in relation to performances on the pitch he must go down has one of the biggest flops in EPL. Fred on the other hand was a bit stop/start showed good things and a few mistakes. Towards the end of last season he wasn't that bad.

Bestie07

I don't know what it's about him but I feel there is a lot more to come from him. Probably because he looked good aside from the many obvious mistakes he made in possession. I am willing to give him another season to see if they were due to him adjusting to the pace of the game here and hopefully he is able to cut them out. There is a good little player in there.

Lee565

Should be more of a box-to-box midfielder, doesn't look too clever when he's sitting deep in the midfield in the premier league.

Garebo

Sanchez is the worst singing in MU's history and Fred is the second one. The latter was even behind Pereira in the pecking order last term.

I don't know what it's about him but I feel there is a lot more to come from him. Probably because he looked good aside from the many obvious mistakes he made in possession. I am willing to give him another season to see if they were due to him adjusting to the pace of the game here and hopefully he is able to cut them out. There is a good little player in there.
I’ve not seen anything to suggest he would ever be anything more than a bit-part squad player. How old is he now, 26? We were utterly fleeced on this one. If you spend £50m on a midfielder he should be able to go into the team and make a significant difference. Can’t see that he has any good or outstanding qualities, he’s just average at everything.

Walters_19_MuFc

Big season ahead for Fred. Get a dynamic defensive midfielder next to him in a double pivot and allow him to get on the ball. That's how he shone for Shakhtar.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
feck it. Do you think the dinosaurs cared about reheating rice in the microwave?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sanchez is the worst singing in MU's history and Fred is the second one. The latter was even behind Pereira in the pecking order last term.
Fred isn't United's second worst ever signing, he's not even close to the discussion, unless you started supporting the club last Tuesday of course. He was pricey but he's got plenty of time to show what he's capable of, the whole team was an absolute mess last year so hard to really point the finger solely at Fred.

Based Adnan

Too inconsistent in his play. Not inconsistent game to game but literally pass to pass. One minute he can be spreading a lovely ball and then the next misplacing a basic pass. Very frustrating player and you have to wonder what we were smoking to spend so much on him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I'm looking forward to seeing Fred play next season. I enjoyed watching him the rare times he played last season. I think he's got a lot of valuable qualities.

I think people's opinion on him are very harsh considering the extremely difficult surroundings last season. No-one can be expected to shine in those conditions.

He played well against Wolves early on, scoring, then weirdly, he wasn't seen again really until Ole came in.

He actually looked to have settled, putting in some fine performances vs PSG & Arsenal before the team decided to implode at the end.

Last edited:

meamth

Would you...
A) Sell Fred
A is never an option.

We're United, we give players chances to be better.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm looking forward to seeing Fred play next season. I enjoyed watching him the rare times he played last season. I think he's got a lot of valuable qualities.

I think people's opinion on him are very harsh considering the extremely difficult surroundings last season. No-one can be expected to shine in those conditions.

He played well against Wolves early on, scoring, then weirdly, he wasn't seen again really until Ole came in.

He actually looked to have settled, putting in some fine performances vs PSG & Arsenal before the team decided to implode at the end.
That's a whole lot of absolving going on there. Nobody can be expected to shine. Weirdly not seen again. Team decided to implode. When, in truth, he was terrible last season. I do agree that he has some interesting qualities, he'll have spells of being a proper midfielder, but it's interspersed between erratic decisions, mistakes and stuff you'd expect from a 20 year old. The word that best describes his first season (putting it kindly) is raw. It was like watching a talented teenager who just happened to also be 26/27 years of age.

I agree that he shouldn't be written off because we'll finally see regularly the player he was in those pockets of good moments. But much of his poor peformances are also down to him and can't be deflected. That's just far too convenient.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Would you...
A) Sell Fred
Genuinely don't believe that 4 would be enough regardless of who the fourth would be.

What about Matic?

DoomSlayer

Too inconsistent in his play. Not inconsistent game to game but literally pass to pass. One minute he can be spreading a lovely ball and then the next misplacing a basic pass. Very frustrating player and you have to wonder what we were smoking to spend so much on him.
I agree with this. For a Brazilian player, Fred is so awkward to watch.

The positive part about him is that he likes and tries to play the ball forward a lot, which not many players in our squad seem to be able to do. However, I don't see a lot of potential to improve unless being played in a much more free-flowing style, like City's one. Fred would probably have been a successful squad player under Guardiola, rotating with their other CMs.

Hopefully he proves me wrong though, as we payed around £50 million in transfer fees and probably give the guy a big wage. I see us losing half his value if we try and sell him now - another bad bit of business for the club...

Garebo

Fred isn't United's second worst ever signing, he's not even close to the discussion, unless you started supporting the club last Tuesday of course. He was pricey but he's got plenty of time to show what he's capable of, the whole team was an absolute mess last year so hard to really point the finger solely at Fred.
Could you suggest someone who could take his place as the second worst signing of our history? I don't solely blame Fred of course for the disastrous season we had. I just said what I'm thinking about his status as the worst signing behind Sanchez. His time is over at this club, he won't be world beater overnight. He will be our 6th choice midfielder next term. Simple as that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Could you suggest someone who could take his place as the second worst signing of our history? I don't solely blame Fred of course for the disastrous season we had. I just said what I'm thinking about his status as the worst signing behind Sanchez. His time is over at this club, he won't be world beater overnight. He will be our 6th choice midfielder next term. Simple as that.
Kleberson, Bebe, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Anderson and Depay were all much worse signings.

Bestie07

Lindelof was written off in his first season too, and Fred has actually shown a little more in his first season than Lindelof did. If he is still making the same mistakes next season then sure we can start to think about offloading him, but at this point I have not given up hope on him.

Ziggy Starduster

I think Fred will be a good player this season. More settled, a good pre-season with Ole and ready to go.
Comes across as a confidence type of player that will thrive in a more settled team.
Could be a real surprise in the centre of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.