5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley R1+O

Looks fantastic on the ball, very strong already. We will need that against the bigger teams who press well. Looks like a good early marker for him to be a player who settles quickly. We need more quality on the ball in attack.

Acole9

Outstanding
Was surprised to see him because he's only just joined up, looked alright though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will almost certainly start the next game, looking forward to seeing more.

Dante

Average bang
He looked like the most advanced of the three midfielders. That may change when he's put into the first team, but it was interesting to see. Jose might see him as an Oscar type player.

soapythecat

He should have a good season until he learns to speak the lingo, then Jose will fill his head with shite and he’ll be utter gash, like the rest of them.

Have I got this right?

Phil

He should have a good season until he learns to speak the lingo, then Jose will fill his head with shite and he’ll be utter gash, like the rest of them.

Have I got this right?
Apart from the fact they both have the same first language, absolutely. Don't worry about that though.

Walters_19_MuFc

He looked like the most advanced of the three midfielders. That may change when he's put into the first team, but it was interesting to see. Jose might see him as an Oscar type player.
Doubt it. Think it's just to do with the personnel we had on the pitch.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Hope not. I was hoping/expecting he’d be more of an upgrade on Herrera really. A feisty, skilful player with an eye for a pass.

the_irish123

I wonder why the Brazil coach said he wasn't in conditions and the medical staff said he was. Here's hoping that nasty Casemiro hit didn't give him any cronic uncurable pain or something.

maniwin

Apart from the fact they both have the same first language, absolutely. Don't worry about that though.
Hope not. I was hoping/expecting he’d be more of an upgrade on Herrera really. A feisty, skilful player with an eye for a pass.
He is good at feeding through pass from what i have seen so Jose might be use him as the most advance midfielder. Meanwhile Pogba prove himself that he is capable playing as double pivot for France so he doesn't have to be in front.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He looked like he was tripping on way too much caffeine in that cameo. Not impressed. However, I think he will work well for us in a midfield 3 going forward and will give us some pressure absorbing ball control in midfield.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He looked like he was tripping on way too much caffeine in that cameo. Not impressed. However, I think he will work well for us in a midfield 3 going forward and will give us some pressure absorbing ball control in midfield.
Given the circumstances, what the hell did you expect?

Can't wait to see him with Pogba and Matic. Looks good in what little he has had to do this half.

Kearnkoff69

He's got sharp movement and close control, and lots of fight. I think he'll be a great addition for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Uneventful first half from him, got more involved in the last 10-15 minutes he played and looked good there. Also looked gassed by the time he got subbed. Clearly has talent and is a good passer, will take time to get the hang of everything and really control games imo

el3mel

Played simple and without much risk. Hard to fully evaluate him now so better to wait for his combination with Matic and Pogba and what his role will be.

ash_86

Looks very good. Our forwards needs to be moving to make good use of Fred.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Saw enough tonight to see he’s going to be the missing link in midfield.

automaticflare

Decent play IMo nothing spectacular needs runners. A couple of times he looked to hit direct but no one was making a run behind. That lack of runner means our attacking is one dimensional and limits all of our midfielders IMO because option is only there to play to someone coming towards the ball.

Fraud

Our most than probable starters played very well.

Fred has a lot of quality.

keener

I really thought Fred was our best midfielder tonight. He was aggressive in pursuit, shifty with the ball and hard to read by the defense. He moved the ball quickly and effectively.. This was a step in the right direction for our new signing.

WR10

Quite the midfielder isn't he? Looks like he can be surrounded by 6 players in midfield and will always come out with the ball. Genius by Mourinho, this is really what we needed to compliment Pogba and Matic. He's basically a much better Herrara.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Quite the midfielder isn't he? Looks like he can be surrounded by 6 players in midfield and will always come out with the ball. Genius by Mourinho, this is really what we needed to compliment Pogba and Matic. He's basically a much better Herrara.
Please let's just wait for actual competitive football to be played first .Not saying you're wrong either

WR10

Please let's just wait for actual competitive football to be played first .Not saying you're wrong either
Of course. As much as I love Herrara, he really lacks in control under pressure. He knows it, we know it and he smartly immediately passes the ball back as soon as he knows pressure is coming - it's essentially killing our midfield play. You need someone that can absorb pressure like Matic and Pogba and still come out with something creative. He showed all the ingredients today. Let's see it against Leicester.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Of course. As much as I love Herrara, he really lacks in control under pressure. He knows it, we know it and he smartly immediately passes the ball back as soon as he knows pressure is coming - it's essentially killing our midfield play. You need someone that can absorb pressure like Matic and Pogba and still come out with something creative. He showed all the ingredients today. Let's see it against Leicester.
I just think it's way premature to start doing this comparisons :lol: One preseason against several seasons at the club with up and down performances. Let's give Fred a few months first

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Really looked a class act. Quite impressive since he hasn't played much at all in the last two months.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I just think it's way premature to start doing this comparisons :lol: One preseason against several seasons at the club with up and down performances. Let's give Fred a few months first
Might be a bit premature, but he has a point. Its one of his good qualities and that will certainly be a positive for our midfield balance. But the question we don't know the answer to yet is what are his bad qualities, and what effect do they have on the team. One thing I think he might struggle with is what to do with the ball when we control games, but that shouldn't be a big problem if Pogba is on form.

Status
Not open for further replies.