5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Played alright, but considering we have Pereira on the bench, we have a lot more urgent areas of the team that could have done with £50 million investment.

Walters_19_MuFc

He'd be excellent next to a Carrick type player. Provides the engine in midfield, but he can be inconsistent on the ball, at times. Having a calm, pass master like Carrick, Busquets, Alonso, etc, next to him to sit deep and dictate, whilst Fred links midfield and attack would really compliment him, in my opinion.

Devil may care

He's so sloppy in possession which we knew when we bought him, he has moments that will look exciting but he's lacking technically and positionally every time he plays.

deafepl

He completed forward passes about around 60, forward pass per minute, the average midfielder would be likely to complete forward 30-40 passes through 90 minutes and he probably is one of the quickest passes midfielders. He was subbed because he is too attack minded for Jose's liking.

txred

He'd be excellent next to a Carrick type player. Provides the engine in midfield, but he can be inconsistent on the ball, at times. Having a calm, pass master like Carrick, Busquets, Alonso, etc, next to him to sit deep and dictate, whilst Fred links midfield and attack would really compliment him, in my opinion.
Exactly this and further highlights why Matic is holding the team back. We need somebody with the quality to sit deep and influence from those types of positions while allowing the midfielders like Fred the ability to play to their strengths. It's not so much that Fred needs "freedom" like people often describe it. He just needs players around him who compliment his qualities. A constantly sloppy and often out of position Matic is certainly not that.

the_irish123

He completed forward passes about around 60, forward pass per minute, the average midfielder would be likely to complete forward 30-40 passes through 90 minutes and he probably is one of the quickest passes midfielders. He was subbed because he is too attack minded for Jose's liking.
He was converting all his forward passes, the front four was fecking up a lot specially Fellaini. Also seems like once he got the ball to wide areas they just wanted to finish the play as quick as possible, leaving the team separated in two. He's not a long distance player, Rashford and Martial are. The squad just doesn't have a matching style.

Trizy

I really like him, great little player. Need more time to bed in which he isn't getting under a manager that fecking signed him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pretty much our best player i though although he got tired in the second half. Making himself available and trying to play forward passes. Got caught in possession a couple of times though.

Put in a decent display and possibly one of the times I've watched him thinking we may finally have a good player on our hands,that's ofcourse if Jose persists with him.

Sylar

He's so sloppy in possession which we knew when we bought him, he has moments that will look exciting but he's lacking technically and positionally every time he plays.
When we say sloppy here, what is this based on? I cant remember him being that sloppy, but I was bored at times yesterday too so probably zoned out. How many times did he lose the ball?

Regarding Fred, id like to see a Fred,Herrera, Pogba midfield three.

Johan07

He looked good yesterday, it suits him better to play in a double pivot. Think we discussed that earlier in this thread. It is closer to how he played at Shakhtar even if they play with a higher line and actually press the ball.

IAmAWinner

I like Fred. Full of energy, creative passing. There's a great player in there. Needs to be a starter in midfield for me.

Lots of energy, taking risks with his passes, always wanting the ball. No wonder Mourinho wanted him off.

I'm not particularly worried about him here but he's definitely one for our next manager, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Craig Ward

He's had a slow start but needs a run of games.

If you consider how poor our midfield has been performing, its difficult for one player to stand out.

Matic is way off the pace, the rest are chopped and changed.

Fred for me, looks like he need a good run of games, which is the opposite of matic currently

Brophs

The One and Only
He might turn out to be good once he learns English. Or, more specifically, the phrase “man on”.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can definitively see why Pep wanted him in the summer, he would be a very good player in the right system. But he looks out of place at United at the moment, he wants to play quick football while the team moves slowly, he likes to press but we sit deep. I don't really understand why Jose brought him tbh.

Rossa

Our midfield fell to pieces when Fred and Lingard came off. Fred has that dynamism and energy that a midfield of Pogba, Matic and Fellaini just cannot replicate. Lingard, although not very good yesterday, is also good at shutting down passes into space, just like Fred. I hope Mourinho sees this as a way forward.

youmeletsfly

So, when he looks exciting he has good technical and positional skills, but in the same time he's lacking technically and positionally every time he plays?

red4ever 79

Liked him. Technically good, can switch the play either side, makes forward passes. Seemed to tire in the second half but not surprising given as he hasnt played much. He could have scored a brace and still have been taken off before Matic

El Zoido

I’m impressed by him, I think he’d be a great asset if the team was ticking. This team will ruin even the greatest of talents so how can you even judge anybody?

Pass and Move

He's hardly played any football, so to ask him to play two games in a week will be difficult.
Are you joking? A professional footballer who trains all week, plays on a Tuesday for 60 minutes, can't play again at the weekend? Please tell me you're kidding. Or we can't be friends.

youngrell

Lost the ball sloppily a few times last night but I didn't mind too much as at least he was trying things, you're alway liable to lose the ball if you take chances like that.

Team went flat when he got hooked. I knew it was coming, too.

Bola

Nice to see some positive posts today after the usual Caf skating of our players regardless of performance.

I thought he was very lively, with a positive attitude to moving the ball forward and at pace. He also is a bundle of energy, which is what is needed in the modern day prem.

Would be nice to see him bedded in with Perreira and Pogba as a midfield 3. I think that would get the best out of our star man, while add some much needed positive passing and work rate to team. Whether this will happen is another thing

El Jefe

I really like him. Some of his passes between the lines remind me of Carrick and he's able to do it consistently. You wonder how much better he'd be in a team based around short passing and movement.

As many have said he can be sloppy at times and is a bit lightweight but with time and improved coaching (Jose out) I think we have ourselves a very good midfielder.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Lost the ball sloppily a few times last night but I didn't mind too much as at least he was trying things, you're alway liable to lose the ball if you take chances like that.

Team went flat when he got hooked. I knew it was coming, too.
Agreed. I'd rather he lost the ball because he was trying to get us up the pitch quicker, rather than the way Matic loses the ball by turning like an oil tanker.

His shots from 25 yards look decent, better than Pogba's who tries them every opportunity he gets, and his set piece delivery while inconsistent was largely better than we're used to.

UpWithRivers

A player everyone loves caus he runs around with lots of energy. Not the worst performance but what did he do? Pass forward a lot? I expect more from him.

youngrell

Agreed. I'd rather he lost the ball because he was trying to get us up the pitch quicker, rather than the way Matic loses the ball by turning like an oil tanker.

His shots from 25 yards look decent, better than Pogba's who tries them every opportunity he gets, and his set piece delivery while inconsistent was largely better than we're used to.
I feel like he needs a defined role. At the moment he's trying to get forward more than any other midfielder, and he's also running back as much as anyone, which is making him a bit erratic.

Given more instruction, I think he can be a good link between defence and attack but covering less of the pitch maybe.

Mr PG

Perreira is better...at this point and time. Might improve with games as Lindeleof has done but Perreira can add creativity without continuously losing the ball.

youngrell

Perreira is better...at this point and time. Might improve with games as Lindeleof has done but Perreira can add creativity without continuously losing the ball.
Won't argue with that. I'm a big fan of Perreira and would like to see him more.

AngliaRed

He’s a good exciting player. Yes he was sloppy at times, but a spell in the midfield 3 beside Pogba and Herrera and he’ll do fine.

A player everyone loves caus he runs around with lots of energy. Not the worst performance but what did he do? Pass forward a lot? I expect more from him.
Passing forward is a bloody big improvement to what we usually have. Energy, urgency and forward thinking is what we have been lacking. You are right that we shouldn't get too excited in usual circumstances, but we are so lacking, that a glimmer of something good is genuinely exciting. Sad times.

laughtersassassin

Didn't deserve to be subbed. Pogba did better than him when he came on but Fred was the best player on the pitch before that and deserved to stay on the field.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Complete fantasy right here. Youd be hard pressed to find someone that loves this fella. Also running around and passing forward makes up most of a midfielder's job. Unless of course you want us to start every game slow as a snail.

Ekeke

I thought he had a decent game and it was very dissappointing in a game where we had so much of the ball to see him replaced by Pogba instead of in the same team. Still much room for improvement but he tried to make some things happen and some of the came off, while previously in the season a lot of the passes forward he tried did not. He's still not running with the ball much but positive signs

Status
Not open for further replies.