5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

chb23

Only watched the mini match and Fred was involved in so much and kept the play going. On the mini match he was great

Andrew~

He was statistically the best midfielder on the pitch and third best player in our lineup (behind Shaw and Lukaku but people are only looking at the penalty.)

4 tackles
3 interceptions
1 aerial duel
Second most touches of the ball on the field -84
Third most attempted passes on the field-57
Second highest pass completion on the field-86% (joint with Shaw and behind Ozils 91.2%. Greenwood got 87.5% but only touched the ball 11 times)
1 key pass
1 throughball
2 attempts at goal
Fred’s game by numbers vs. Arsenal:

86% pass accuracy
12 ball recoveries - most on the pitch
10 final third passes
4/4 accurate long balls
4/5 tackles won 3 fouls suffered
2 interceptions

An accomplished performance that shouldn’t be overshadowed by that penalty.

Like I said match day thread... Unfair criticism.
Very true. I was waiting for someone to post the stats in case my assessment of his performance was wrong, but this just clears it up. Fred was very good today and definitely looks like a player who can start for us.

yfoFC

Overall a good game at driving at the defence but if I was anywhere near him I'd have strangled him for the amount of times his decision making in the final third broke down our attack (usually at the end of a great run)

If he and Rashford made better decisions, we would have won that game

RedorDead21

Don't see it at all with Fred! Reminds me of everyone posting Depay videos (before we signed him) and all I seen was a player who's close control was non existent and all everyone else could see was a talented player. Hard to explain but his touch and control of the actual ball always seems like an octopus holding something hot. Told you it was hard to explain. Industrious is really clutching at straws.

lysglimt

Scout
Even if the last couple of games have been clear progress - he offers so little for what we signed him for. He is not very good defensively, he offers little going forward...he is just a busy little player in midfield often making poor decisions

Timo.utd

Thought he was average, did well recovering the ball a couple of times but also lose the ball at times, think his decision making is poor, think he's not a very clever player, that little touch on lacazette was unnecesary, but still i won't say he's not gonna make it here, could become a good squad player

redmanc

You dont expect to see penalties like that given in England, Europe perhaps but not England, weak as feck refereeing from John Moss so i dont think we should be too harsh on Fred.

MadMike

Overall a good game at driving at the defence but if I was anywhere near him I'd have strangled him for the amount of times his decision making in the final third broke down our attack (usually at the end of a great run)

We would have also won that game if DDG had saved that easy shot and Lukaku tapped in from 3 yards out.

Cloud7

Was it my imagination or did he seem to be quite slow at getting to the ball today? I feel like we lost possession a lot in midfield because Fred was just a yard or two short of getting to the ball.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
he looks like he could run for days. He sprinted towards he end and did not look fatigued or even broke a sweat throughout the game.

Macedonian Red

He reminds me a bit of Ando.
Had a good moments and bad ones but he make a progress and I see him like good rotation option. And that was not a penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SteveJ

Patrick08

You dont expect to see penalties like that given in England, Europe perhaps but not England, weak as feck refereeing from John Moss so i dont think we should be too harsh on Fred.

But why push inside the box. He was going away from goal.

the_irish123

Don't see it at all with Fred! Reminds me of everyone posting Depay videos (before we signed him) and all I seen was a player who's close control was non existent and all everyone else could see was a talented player. Hard to explain but his touch and control of the actual ball always seems like an octopus holding something hot. Told you it was hard to explain. Industrious is really clutching at straws.
Ok .. what?

Giggs86

Probably his best game for us. If only he could sort out his decision making and final ball, we could have some engine in our midfield.

Steerpike

I agree with this. It looks to me that Fred still needs too much time to work out the right option, but this is something he can improve upon as he gets more game time. I can't fault him for his work rate, and there were a few occasions where he regained possession for us. A work in progress for sure, but at least not the dead loss that he looked like becoming.

It's hard to see how he'll get regular playing time when everyone's fit though.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I think he should have done better for the Xhaka goal, but otherwise, he had a very good game. Our best midfielder today.

The penalty was never a penalty.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Probably his best game in general in a United shirt. However, he still displayed a lack of composure at times, including the challenge for the penalty which was unecessary, as well as other moments where he was evidently trying to play too quickly.

sp_107

Probably his best game in general in a United shirt. However, he still displayed a lack of composure at times, including the challenge for the penalty which was unecessary, as well as other moments where he was evidently trying to play too quickly.
It will come for sure.. So much pressure on his shoulders to driver with less game time so far! He did all right

I would like to see Fred/Herrera/Pogba in midfield for rest of the season. What you guys think about this midfield combo ?

ErranMorad

I really don't think so. I think forwards are judged on moments, defenders are judged on their lack of moments, and midfielders are judged on something else entirely. When you watch great midfielders of yesteryear what's noticeable about them is not the moments but their consistent influence. They're the brains in the team and to me they're judged on an aggregated overview of their decisions and how they shaped the game accordingly.
Does he remind you of Anderson? I get a similar kind of vibe from him. A slightly thinner, fitter Anderson. Doesn't have much positional sense; has the ability to make a pass, though has the tendency to over hit or under hit him; shows good vision but also 5 seconds behind everyone; has ability to carry the ball but has propensity to run into brick walls. The talent is there but not enough of it or the consistency to make it in the central midfield at a top club.

Hawks2008

Good energy today but his decision making was poor with the ball. Maybe it's a confidence/match sharpness issue.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He plays the ball on the half volley so much. I get that you're brazilian but control it first then pass. Maybe he's not confident enough yet and is scared of holding the ball too long and getting pickpocketed. Underneath it all there is a lot of talent there. Hopefully we can refine it though.This season is a write off. Next will be his real test.

yfoFC

We would have also won that game if DDG had saved that easy shot and Lukaku tapped in from 3 yards out.
Definitely, no arguing that but given Lukaku has been saving our bacon recently and DDG has been doing that for years then they get more leeway to make mistakes

This is not an attack on the guy but he is the one who can't afford to make mistakes amongst all the people that made them yesterday... especially with Herrera on his way back

yfoFC

I agree with this. It looks to me that Fred still needs too much time to work out the right option, but this is something he can improve upon as he gets more game time. I can't fault him for his work rate, and there were a few occasions where he regained possession for us. A work in progress for sure, but at least not the dead loss that he looked like becoming.

It's hard to see how he'll get regular playing time when everyone's fit though.
This is exactly what I was talking about, amongst the people who made mistakes yesterday he is the one that has little margin for error especially with the return of Herrera

He can still be a pretty useful member of the squad but his decision making has got to improve.

Adamsk7

Was at the game and he was probably our best player, yet positionally he is all over the place. Watching it live you can really see that without the ball he doesn’t really know where to be, meaning that he HAS to catch up and make interceptions. He buzzed about very well but if you have a look at a lot of his tackles, they are usually when he is catching up play and the attacker has been slowed by a defender so he nips in. He really needs to improve in this area as it leaves huge gaps, especially when playing with Pogba (who had a ‘mare, IMO).

The plus points were his stamina, his showing for the ball, his overall simple distribution and his nimbleness in turning away from trouble.

We were poor and he was the best of a bad bunch today but he needs to improve greatly still. He’s gotta believe in himself because I know there’s much more in the tank than he’s showing.

Patrick08

He was okay, good in moments, bad in other moments.

But he was not the kind of player we needed in the summer.

Robbie Boy

He was good, to be honest. Had we not been so inept in front of goal, he would have been praised in here.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Very good and agree

Litch

Anyone who watched the game and concludes that Fred had a bad game is fecking blind and know feck all about football.
Make you right. Not sure why some players people take a fecking forensic look at their game and others don't. Do the same with the other midfielders and it doesn't look too different. I know Anders is the golden boy on here but trust me his game is far from perfect either and he's been here a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.