View full 2018-19 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He was good again. Building himself a career here and slowly cutting out the sloppy touches.

Hard to blame him too much for that one loss of possession. It was a terrible throw to him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Getting better but can't be the player we have the deepest. Needs a defensive player badly.
Partner him with a ball playing and I think we'll have a very good combination on our hands. He shouldn't be too forward or deep IMO as he doesn't appear to be very inventive in attack or too great defensively, but does everything in between very well. Passing, closing down, decision making in central areas, first touch etc

Essentially a good number 8. Ideally we'd have a Carrick/Busquets type player in midfield with him.

All in all, happy with his progress. Hope he fine tunes his game and cuts out the errors and builds on his strengths. He can take Herrera's place in the team.

Aloysius's Back 3

Partner him with a ball playing and I think we'll have a very good combination on our hands. He shouldn't be too forward or deep IMO as he doesn't appear to be very inventive in attack or too great defensively, but does everything in between very well. Passing, closing down, decision making in central areas, first touch etc

Essentially a good number 8. Ideally we'd have a Carrick/Busquets type player in midfield with him.

All in all, happy with his progress. Hope he fine tunes his game and cuts out the errors and builds on his strengths. He can take Herrera's place in the team.
Yep that's how I feel too.

It seems he can do what Herrera does once he gets a bit more tenacity and tempo from adapting to the PL.

A good transition player that needs a defensive midfielder behind him and an attacking one in front of him to do his job.

Chillosophy

He was good again. Building himself a career here and slowly cutting out the sloppy touches.

Hard to blame him too much for that one loss of possession. It was a terrible throw to him.
Pretty sure it was Pogba who received that throw from De Gea you are referring to?

Fred lost possession a couple of times as well though, but overall was one of our better players of the bad bunch against West Ham.

Pretty sure it was Pogba who received that throw from De Gea you are referring to?

Fred lost possession a couple of times as well though, but overall was one of our better players of the bad bunch against West Ham.
I meant the throw in that he lost and led to the crossbar shot. He wasn't really open for it in the first place and it bounced before it reached him.

Ekeke

I meant the throw in that he lost and led to the crossbar shot. He wasn't really open for it in the first place and it bounced before it reached him.
I think a top DM with lots of experience would have made a foul when they were out of position after that though. Not sure Matic and Ander would either.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He's got a lot of good things about him. but he's never a no.6. He gets caught out way to often in deep positions, he's much better playing higher up where he has more passing options.

Bobski

A very erratic performance. Most of our penetrative passes or passes that started an attack came from him, showing really nice deftness and range, but at the same time he made a lot of basic mistakes. His first touch is an issue, lost the ball too many times for comfort for the deepest midfielder and really should have done better for the first 2 goals. Promising but that deep midfielder role does not look like a natural fit for him. He kept at it though, at least showing a good attitude.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A very erratic performance. Most of our penetrative passes or passes that started an attack came from him, showing really nice deftness and range, but at the same time he made a lot of basic mistakes. His first touch is an issue, lost the ball too many times for comfort for the deepest midfielder and really should have done better for the first 2 goals. Promising but that deep midfielder role does not look like a natural fit for him. He kept at it though, at least showing a good attitude.
Those first two goals are on no one but Ashley Young and De Gea

Litch

His passing through the lines is excellent and whilst he made mistakes, only one of few that can come away with anything positive.

LJJT

One of the few positives out of the Barca games. Sort his fitness out and can replace matic at the base of midfield

Bobski

Those first two goals are on no one but Ashley Young and De Gea
They take the greater share of the blame but Fred had 2 challenges he could have won and didn't make either. A goal is very rarely one persons fault entirely. For the first Young starts it but then Fred gets megged while Jones and Smalling both cover the same Suarez run giving Messi that space for the shot.

Kaglish10

Barca's coach put men on him tonight yet he was still class. He shouldn't be playing in the holding midfield role though.

Preferably, I would want a playmaking no 6 behind Fred and MCTominay in our midfield, ala Pirlo behind Vidal and Marchiso. Pogba can go to Madrid for all I care, as long as Madrid pay 120-150 mil.

Bobski

I thought he was a bit naff, especially in the first half
Harsh, but I think you could definitely see that Barca had identified him as source of joy, someone to win the ball off in critical areas. He did a lot of positive things, but the position he played in will badly punish the type of mistakes he makes, especially at that level.

Adamsk7

He’s a good player and he fights. He should be in our starting line up for the rest of the season. He may or may not be the quality we need in the long run but we have far worse problems.

MOTM for me. As much as Barcelona outclassed us in other parts of the pitch, they didn't do it in central midfield.

deafepl

Fred needs a partner who supports the midfield, if he has DLP like Carrick, Kroos, Pirlo or Jorginho (Know he's shit) who make 90 passes per matches, even under pressure, he and partner would run midfield most games.

Canagel

Fred needs a partner who supports the midfield if he has DLP like Carrick, Kroos, Pirlo or Jorginho (Know he's shit) who make 90 passes per matches, even under pressure, he and partner would run midfield most games.
Absolutely.

ROFLUTION

Surprised to see how fast Fred actually plays. He's fast at attacking the ball, and he's fast at delivering the ball. MotM for me too.

Nice turn-around in the last 3-4 games. Hope he has a future, as we need players who can play fast and direct. He should be ideal for Pogba and a real Herrera replacement. Plays well in that deep role.

Trizy

Lovely forward passer and great engine with fight on him. If he wasn't so panicy when pressed he'd have all the tools to be an absolute monster.

JoaquinJoaquin

The only player that wanted the ball. Motm again. Will get even better when (if) we get some proper quality around him and not players who hide like Lingard and Martial.

Really like Fred as he's such a good all-rounder, a bit like Herrera is when playing at his best.

I expect him to become a very important midfielder at United.

settembrini

He's been our best player since we started playing him as a defensive midfielder. Hope he keeps it up to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.