6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

I can see that its quicker but it feels kind of nervous and unsteady to me.

Matic can own a certain area of the midfield leaving Pogba and Bruno to try and own a different area relative to them.

I like Fred when we dont over complicate his role & ask him alongside the rest of the midfielders to be energetic and press. Usually mstic and Pogba cant do this but Mctomminay and Bruno can. I like Fred with Mct and Bruno but not with the others because players like Pogba and Matic have attributes that need to be addressed when playing alongside them in my opinion.
I think your comment about us being nervous and unsteady is accurate as far as the last game goes but in all reality, that was the first time that Fred has played alongside Bruno and Pogba. With more time I have no doubt the team would benefit

I think because Matic is so silky on the ball people often don't notice his flaws. He takes far too long to release the ball and also is constantly caught on the ball in compromising positions. I like Matic and think he's a great player to have in the squad but I think Fred would be more complimentary to our style of play.

Craig Ward

Pogba is deployed as a deep midfielder and it is not okey to let people go past him with ease, yet it's not his primary task. For the part of the midfield who is supposed to bring defensive shielding and stability Fred is not doing that effectively. Yes people go past Matic too, but not like Fred, part of if due to the fact that he does not commit himself to tackles too aggressively and generally plays smarter in that role.

That saying I don't think Matic is good enough for us to go into next season as a starting CDM and want us to sign a new one. Fred had a mixed game, I wouldn't say it was a good game myself, I can remember two very bad mistakes which could have cost us. It seems like people have gotten used to shit errors by Pogba/Fred/Matic to such extent that think that a shocking mistake like the one Fred did when gifting the ball to the opposition in our own half is acceptable and happens to everyone. In a quarter final one leg match, that simply shouldn't happen end of. It was brainless and shocking. And that's without getting to the fact that we lacked any control and tempo for the majority of the game, he was playing.
Seems you are only able to critique Fred for mistakes though. I dont think we can judge a player when your agenda is so clearly biased against him.

Cant you look for positives in his displays?

Pogba - as a deep midfielder is equally responsible for defensive work - something he neglects and isn't good at. Why aren't you blasting Pogba in the same manner as Fred?

You have to treat each player equally, while your entitled to opinions about individual performances etc you cant blast Fred for something Matic, McTom and Pogba all do.

Bolded - so Freds the only player out of our starting 11 that contributes to tempo and control? Are you deluded? What about Maguires abysmal passing/Pogbas laziness in tracking/Rashfords tracking back? We can all nit pick at flaws but your going way over the top.

Fred played well - end of

romufc

Fred looked good against Copenhagen, I wouldn't mind seing him given another chance V Sevilla in that role.

He brings alot of energy into the midfield which neither Pogba or Matic bring. He is always trying to hurry players, I understand he will get beat a few times but if Ole can enforce that he needs to be disciplined, he could do a job there, not ideal but good enough I feel.

Kostov

Seems you are only able to critique Fred for mistakes though. I dont think we can judge a player when your agenda is so clearly biased against him.

Cant you look for positives in his displays?

Pogba - as a deep midfielder is equally responsible for defensive work - something he neglects and isn't good at. Why aren't you blasting Pogba in the same manner as Fred?

You have to treat each player equally, while your entitled to opinions about individual performances etc you cant blast Fred for something Matic, McTom and Pogba all do.

Bolded - so Freds the only player out of our starting 11 that contributes to tempo and control? Are you deluded? What about Maguires abysmal passing/Pogbas laziness in tracking/Rashfords tracking back? We can all nit pick at flaws but your going way over the top.

Fred played well - end of
Do you judge Pogba and Fred in the same manner in their attacking contributions?

When Matic plays he is the one setting the tempo and starting play from the back? Are you actually fecking deluded and not see that? Maguire's abysmal passing? Maguire is one of our best passers regularly pinging long passes unlike. You are blubbering about agenda while you fail to recognize that different player profiles have different roles in a deep two man pivot. Go and have a lay down first you are tiresome throwing accusations about agendas when you can't get Pogba out of your mouth.

Justice for Fred the guy who can't defend, can't create, and can't shoot, but can run and sometimes precisely tackle, end of.

Craig Ward

Do you judge Pogba and Fred in the same manner in their attacking contributions?

When Matic plays he is the one setting the tempo and starting play from the back? Are you actually fecking deluded and not see that? Maguire's abysmal passing? Maguire is one of our best passers regularly pinging long passes unlike. You are blubbering about agenda while you fail to recognize that different player profiles have different roles in a deep two man pivot. Go and have a lay down first you are tiresome throwing accusations about agendas when you can't get Pogba out of your mouth.

Justice for Fred the guy who can't defend, can't create, and can't shoot, but can run and sometimes precisely tackle, end of.
Fred also does this - arguably better. Seeing as you are unable to grasp anyone else's viewpoints bar your own i'll simplify it a little for you. Fred is no worse than Matic at passing out from the back.

I'm not making this a Pogba/Fred debate - i've been very clear in my arguments. Seems your not reading properly, or just lack the understanding that someone doesnt share your opinion.

You criticise Fred for something VARIOUS players do (Not just pogba, see what i done there?) which isn't fair.

Each player has good points and bad.

I think Matic is our best DM, better than Fred but i think Fred is a good player and can do that role. I dont think the Fred hate is warranted, yours certainly not.

Do you feel better now you've vented a little? Maybe you should have a lay down hey pal. Wake up in a better mood perhaps

Kostov

Fred also does this - arguably better. Seeing as you are unable to grasp anyone else's viewpoints bar your own i'll simplify it a little for you. Fred is no worse than Matic at passing out from the back.

I'm not making this a Pogba/Fred debate - i've been very clear in my arguments. Seems your not reading properly, or just lack the understanding that someone doesnt share your opinion.

You criticise Fred for something VARIOUS players do (Not just pogba, see what i done there?) which isn't fair.

I think Matic is our best DM, better than Fred but i think Fred is a good player and can do that role. I dont think the Fred hate is warranted, yours certainly not.

Do you feel better now you've vented a little? Maybe you should have a lay down hey pal. Wake up in a better mood perhaps
You are actually blaming me while acting the exact same way. You are actually unable to understand that not everyone rates Fred contribution and spout bullshit like "are you deluded". No pal you are and you are fecking tiresome. Fred setting a tempo better than Matic, not everyone agrees oh no go and blame that i they don't agree, that they don't share your opinion. And yeah don't make it a Pogba/Fred debate your "arguments" are laughable, you would leave Pogba in certain games for Fred pal, it doesn't get anymore deluded than that.

You go get yourself worked up over Fred and you tell me to lay down. Calm down pal, it's Fred the guy will get sold by next summer for 20m if we are lucky.

And to help yourself before you continue with this laughable argument you have, not every criticism is hate. I appreciate what he brings to the table and you can never doubt his effort but he is not a CDM and when you have players like Pogba and Bruno, I don't see how Fred fits besides them.

Litch

I wouldn't bother mate, the guy has absolutely got an agenda and I'm unsure why? When Fred was holding the midfield together, lots of praise from on here and the media......he posted virtually nothing because he knew it would sound exactly what it was. Not sure what his argument is, no one is saying Fred's the answer but like you had alluded to, he's not the problem either. People forget Matic was almost out the door. Credit where it's due, he played a long time without Pogs, Martial, Rashford, Martial, Matic and Bruno - I'd argue without his contribution we would not have been even 5th in January. It's amazing how quick some people forget.....

Highfather_24

I think Fred can be a good backup/rotation for Matic, as Matic cant play everygame. Fred had a good game vs copenhagen.

Bestietom

We should look at Marc Roca of Espanyol as the one to take over from Matic. Real are sniffing around now and we should move in before them. He has a great passing range and is excellent at breaking up play. I don't think Fred is a DM.

Borussia Teeth

Apart from a moment in the first half when he gave the ball away in a dangerous position, I think he had a good game. I would like to see him compete with Matic for the role alongside Pogba.
I feel he is a player that needs to playing quite regularly to maintain his level, as we saw during the period of Pogba's absence. I think long term he could be a better option than Matic

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Very promising performance in that 3rd midfield spot.

Holters

Thought he did well today. Mini Kantė. Not good enough offensively though.

Master Yoda

Something doesnt smell right. This reminds me of early/mid season where Fred was competing for Motm but we kept losing left and right. Matic brings calmness and we missed that today. 2 of our players, Bruno and Lind got in a heated exchange, it was that bad.

pascell

Something doesnt smell right. This reminds me of early/mid season where Fred was competing for Motm but we kept losing left and right. Matic brings calmness and we missed that today. 2 of our players, Bruno and Lind got in a heated exchange, it was that bad.
The calmness should come from leadership, which we still very much lack at the back.

NK86

The search for the heir to Matic can wait for another window if Fred can put in such performances.

Dan_F

He played well to the eye, combative, didn’t give the ball away or turn into trouble like usual. Not sure about him in that role next to Pogba though, he pushes forward to press a lot, and often ends up the wrong side of ball, leaving big gaps.

kundalini

Thought he played well. Poor finish for his chance but otherwise won possession a lot and distribution generally ok.

Untd55

Thought our midfield was great today. It was the wings that were the issue.

Fred was great. His pressing game is probably the best in the team and his passing is great.

Unfortunately, quite a few of our players look lost when pressing, but he seems to have it drilled into him well.

Fell he would be getting rated higher if he was at City myself. I think he gets massively underrated here.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I agree with you. We play faster with Fred, at a higher tempo but we get counter attacked just as fast. We dont seem as able to impose our selves on a match for a full 90 minutes as a team of 11 with Fred at CDM. Compared this to to when Matic plays at CDM - the guy has days when he plays like he rules the centre of midfield at his own tempo and that really helps us play at our own tempo of possession. Matic is able to almost stay in one area and control that area whilst Fred has to cover alot of area by moving alot around it - ablity to impose control in a match vs ablity to work hard in a match.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this.

I like Fred as a player and as a CM - not as a CDM who accommodates Pogba and Bruno. I personally had doubts about us winning today's match soon as I saw today's starting line Up due to Fred starting over Matic due to exactly the things you talk about.

Ace of Spades

Had a really good game. If he can keep performing like this, then it is a big positive as we have a Matic alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.