Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
There's no way Fiorentina has 30m to splash like that.

Remember when they loaned Anderson? That was random

Irwin99

I still have hope there's a good player there, there were flashes of that last season (PSG game in particular) .

TheReligion

Abusive
Something very weird going on here with Fred. I can't put my finger on it, but we're extremely low on options and especially in CM, yet we have a supposed Brazilian international and CL veteran who cannot even make the bench. Something MUST be going on that we're unaware of.
From what I can gather he's been lacking match fitness? He didn't have a pre season.

LoneStar

Yeah selling him would be a great idea, given that we are completely stacked in midfield.

I hope Ole gives him a chance to prove himself. We really need him to step up this season and become consistent. Play a midfield 3 with Pogba the furthest forward.

luke511

Him and Pogba in the same midfield never works, let's hope that's not plan B for Solskjaer.

C'est Moi Cantona

My genuine belief is that the board is refusing to spend big until we ship out the huge collection of dross we've collected over the past 6 years. If that's what we have to do before we start splashing big money again, then so be it. Flog him for 30m odd quid/euros, and get another £500k off the monthly wage bill.

Signing duds was never going to be sustainable.
The 'board' been the Glazers? and the person who has to clear out the dross and then start spending again is the one who sanctioned all this 'dross' in the first place, the one and only Mr unsackable Woodward? I'm sure that makes sense to someone.

The only credible explanation for what is going on is that they have taken the view that top 4 just isn't worth what is costs to get, or more likely that they are trying to get the clubs fiances in order, as yet for reasons unknown.

Jimmy_Bond

The 'board' been the Glazers? and the person who has to clear out the dross and then start spending again is the one who sanctioned all this 'dross' in the first place, the one and only Mr unsackable Woodward? I'm sure that makes sense to someone.

The only credible explanation for what is going on is that they have taken the view that top 4 just isn't worth what is costs to get, or more likely that they are trying to get the clubs fiances in order, as yet for reasons unknown.
Not disputing that. The first head that should roll is that of Woodward. However, through the eyes of the Glazers I feel that they think previous managers are to blame for previous signings, and that Woodward simply delivered what they wanted.

He's now been briefed with balancing the books. I actually don't disagree with this. However, I do disagree with them not holding Woodward accountable.

C'est Moi Cantona

Not disputing that. The first head that should roll is that of Woodward. However, through the eyes of the Glazers I feel that they think previous managers are to blame for previous signings, and that Woodward simply delivered what they wanted.

He's now been briefed with balancing the books. I actually don't disagree with this. However, I do disagree with them not holding Woodward accountable.
The Glazers are the most responsible for all the mess becasue they yield all the power, to keep getting someone like Woodward to make all the decisions just confirms their priorities lie very much elsewhere, Woodward is only guilty of continuing to be employed by the club and doing what he's told, I'd do the same if I was been paid what he is.
There is no big clear out going on so we can then go full on in transfer market again, Ole has been left with a squad that unless we get zero injuries he just can't be expected to get top 4 with, and now there's a chance he could be weaken further, it's borderline insanity, that is unless they are doing it for another reason, ie taking the view that we can still make high profits as top 6-8 clubs, or our club will look far more attractive to a buyer if the squad is firmly trimmed back.

I just do not believe a word the club say anymore about - trying building something, a fresh start, focusing on the youth, Ole been here for the long haul, etc, it's just crap.

Jimmy_Bond

There is no big clear out going on so we can then go full on in transfer market again, Ole has been left with a squad that unless we get zero injuries he just can't be expected to get top 4 with, and now there's a chance he could be weaken further, it's borderline insanity, that is unless they are doing it for another reason, ie taking the view that we can still make high profits as top 6-8 clubs, or our club will look far more attractive to a buyer if the squad is firmly trimmed back.
Well, if Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez and Fred (and maybe even Rojo) all leave there is definitely a huge clear out going on. Whether or not this will be followed by big spending in coming windows is yet to be seen. They have spent huge money in the 4 years directly following Ferguson, so it's not like Arsenal where the owner has just never spent (to a large level compared to other big clubs). It's feasible that having cleared all these HUGE earners who are offering nothing to the club (and never have) that they will be willing to invest again. We're all in the dark a little bit as to what the true intentions of anyone are as there is a complete breakdown of communication between the owners, board and the fans.

They need to appoint football people to be in charge of football decisions, and then invest at the initial post Ferguson level (inflation taken into account). Then we'd be absolutely fine. The solution is so simple and achievable, but sadly, seemingly so far away.

Jericho

My genuine belief is that the board is refusing to spend big until we ship out the huge collection of dross we've collected over the past 6 years. If that's what we have to do before we start splashing big money again, then so be it. Flog him for 30m odd quid/euros, and get another £500k off the monthly wage bill.

Signing duds was never going to be sustainable.
How could that be the case? We’re the top spenders in the league this summer.

Jimmy_Bond

How could that be the case? We’re the top spenders in the league this summer.
We're fourth when it comes to net spend, and we can potentially fall further down the list if we sell Fred and potentially Alexis/ or Rojo.

Alarmingly we're behind two clubs who finished above us last season, and will probably fall behind another in Spurs.

Not the best way to catch up.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well, if Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez and Fred (and maybe even Rojo) all leave there is definitely a huge clear out going on. Whether or not this will be followed by big spending in coming windows is yet to be seen. They have spent huge money in the 4 years directly following Ferguson, so it's not like Arsenal where the owner has just never spent (to a large level compared to other big clubs). It's feasible that having cleared all these HUGE earners who are offering nothing to the club (and never have) that they will be willing to invest again. We're all in the dark a little bit as to what the true intentions of anyone are as there is a complete breakdown of communication between the owners, board and the fans.

They need to appoint football people to be in charge of football decisions,
and then invest at the initial post Ferguson level (inflation taken into account). Then we'd be absolutely fine. The solution is so simple and achievable, but sadly, seemingly so far away.
Yep we can all see it, and it looks so simple as you say, but they just don't have the appetite to do it, so why? Are they hiding something that Ed is covering? Are they rewarding Ed for all his 'good work' for them? or are they just blind to it, or don't care? it's getting unhealthy now, and until they do it then we are just treading water under them, but they most likely never will, so we probably need a change of ownership now before we can finally move on.

Jimmy_Bond

Yep we can all see it, and it looks so simple as you say, but they just don't have the appetite to do it, so why? Are they hiding something that Ed is covering? Are they rewarding Ed for all his 'good work' for them? or are they just blind to it, or don't care? it's getting unhealthy now, and until they do it then we are just treading water under them, so probably need a change of ownership now before we can finally move on.
They view the club as a business more than a sporting entity. Whilst we're posting record profits they'll view that as success. Do we need to go deeper into the abyss so that revenue drops dramatically to make them reconsider? Possibly. We're not too far from finding out...

edcunited1878

Very disappointing to see that he's still not ready. He would have done very well yesterday just to provide industry next to McTominay and allow Pogba to be pushed further up the pitch in place of Lingard.

Instead, Ole brought on Mata for McTominay at 85 minutes.

C'est Moi Cantona

They view the club as a business more than a sporting entity. Whilst we're posting record profits they'll view that as success. Do we need to go deeper into the abyss so that revenue drops dramatically to make them reconsider? Possibly. We're not too far from finding out...
We're not, the Glazers are extremely savvy business men though (or their dad was anyway), so I doubt they'll risk the clubs value long term, so imo this next year will be massive for the future direction of the club, for good or bad.

Gibb11

Fred played in the second half against AC Milan, he looked decent and our game picked up when he came on. I was at that game and it was almost like a home game for us so the players at the end of the game applauded the fans as a group going round the pitch then into the dressing rooms but interestingly Fred seemed to stay behind for quite a while on the pitch and had a 5 minute chat with a section of utd fans. It wasn't the selfie nonsense you may see but a proper serious chat and it was very much appreciated. Just hope he kicks on as were relying on him because of our poor transfer strategy in my opinion in regards to the midfield.

AneRu

We're not, the Glazers are extremely savvy business men though (or their dad was anyway), so I doubt they'll risk the clubs value long term, so imo this next year will be massive for the future direction of the club, for good or bad.
Correct, I think we mistake incompetence on the football side with lack of care or a strategy focused on just the football revenues without success. I just don't think that owners focused on just that would sanction some of the big money moves we have made in the market since SAF retired or that dream summer where we closed Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani and Tevez. They may not be willing to sanction 1/2 billion pound windows but we have spent big money and spent it badly, really badly.

Sparky Rhiwabon

It appears the club is doing the right thing with Fred. They're bringing him up to speed as they would any other player during pre-season, not rushing him into play straight away and risk injury further down the track.
Why did he not do his pre season in pre season? Was he injured or was it because he had his wedding and honeymoon?

andycolegangstainnit

I'd give him a go as a two with McT and move Pogba to ten instead of Lingaard for Saints.
He's been a disappointment obviously but needs a run of games. He played well Barca at home I thought. We need to see what he can do

BigBebe

If he doesn't start this weekend then that really must indicate that Ole does not rate him which is a massive problem for us in terms of our midfield depth.

This nonsense about him catching up from preseason was perhaps valid for the first game of the season but now we are in the 4th? Seriously, that makes no sense.

We are about to go into the international break so he will have 2 weeks off. It is now or never time for Fred.

N1nja-Frog

Supports
Red Devils
I really want to see a midfield 3 of Fred - Pogba - Mctominay with Fred - Mct forming as Mid 2 and Pogba further forward in attacking transition.

I know Freds not too popular on here but I still have hope for him, he's very good at breaking up play, he just needs to be more clinical in his decision making - this can be trained imo (look at Liverpool Sterling vs City Sterling).

Give him a chance when up to full fitness - starting against Southampton and if ineffective take off for Matic when his slow play after 60 / 70 mins against tired legs won't show up so much....

He can't be any worse than having a Mid 2 of Pogba / Mct and Lingard being completey ineffective as a 10 can it?

RedDevilRoshi

I wonder if he will be available for the Leicester game or still way behind in his fitness?

OleGunnar20

Crazy that this guy is one of the few senior depth players we can look to to mix it up. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Ole clearing out the squad - long long overdue. It's just yet another indication if how piss poor our recruitment has been for years now.

I do think he has talent, and would work well in a 3 with Pogba and McTom, or as a pair with McTom and a #10 in front. I hope we get to see him soon.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't understand what's happening with this guy?

Is he fit? Is he injured? What did he do over summer? Why is he nowhere near the starting eleven? Why did we keep him if he's not part of the plan?

Stadjer

Where is he even? He still isnt fit enough to play games or even be a sub? Today Matic got on the pitch when we needed a goal.. needless to say that the goal wasnt scored.

ATXRedDevil

I'd give him a go as a two with McT and move Pogba to ten instead of Lingaard for Saints.
He's been a disappointment obviously but needs a run of games. He played well Barca at home I thought. We need to see what he can do
I really want to see a midfield 3 of Fred - Pogba - Mctominay with Fred - Mct forming as Mid 2 and Pogba further forward in attacking transition.

I know Freds not too popular on here but I still have hope for him, he's very good at breaking up play, he just needs to be more clinical in his decision making - this can be trained imo (look at Liverpool Sterling vs City Sterling).

Give him a chance when up to full fitness - starting against Southampton and if ineffective take off for Matic when his slow play after 60 / 70 mins against tired legs won't show up so much....

He can't be any worse than having a Mid 2 of Pogba / Mct and Lingard being completey ineffective as a 10 can it?
This. He should be partnering mcTominay with pogba given a more attacking role. Can’t be much worse than having Lingard or Perreira in and wasting pogba (relatively speaking) in the pivot

MiceOnMeth

I don't understand what's happening with this guy?

Is he fit? Is he injured? What did he do over summer? Why is he nowhere near the starting eleven? Why did we keep him if he's not part of the plan?
Our record with South Americans is hilariously bad isn't it? Forlan, Veron, Anderson, Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez and now Fred, who for 50 million might end up being the biggest flop :lol:

Sterling Archer

Didn't he also care about the actual football more than the children?

AFC NimbleThumb

Time to give Fred a run of games & let Pogba run the 10 role. It’s so obvious that it’ll never happen knowing this club recently.

United Hobbit

Where is he? I asked this about the thread on him and Mc T and Pogba on the mains but will ask on his own thread too.

I'd have expected him to at least be ready to be available as a substitute option, especially as we are so stretched in that area, it would free up Pogba more as well. Maybe he will be introduced into the Europa to start with but as a 50m signing I'd expect him to be available for first team use.
Questions really will need asking if he isnt available after the international break as presumably he isnt away with his country and there will be fewer players training at United as most are away so surely he can benefit from more personalised training sessions and fully get him ready? He doesn't look like a bigger build player who will be hard to get in "playing shape."
I dont really watch the youth games but from what I hear Garner is doing really well currently but general consensus on here is he isn't quite ready for the first team yet. I can see him however having to be pulled into the first team if unfortunately Pogba or even Mc T get injured just due to the sheer lack of cover. He shouldn't have to be if he isnt quite ready and will develop even further with more time in the youth but we seem to have left ourselves with this potential scenario.

humdinger

His wedding / honeymoon must be over by now surely? I assumed that was a pre season thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.