6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne Football

Hopefully he does a Lindelof and goes from absolute turkey to important first team player in his second season.

He has the look of a player who will at least give it an honest go, unlike some mercenaries in football who look like they couldn't be arsed as long as the cheques keep coming in.

Fred and Longstaff could turn out to be a decent pairing next to Pogba, if both those players are here come the start of the season.

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

Hopefully he does a Lindelof and goes from absolute turkey to important first team player in his second season.

He has the look of a player who will at least give it an honest go, unlike some mercenaries in football who look like they couldn't be arsed as long as the cheques keep coming in.

Fred and Longstaff could turn out to be a decent pairing next to Pogba, if both those players are here come the start of the season.

That’s what I’m hoping for too, fingers crossed!

DoomSlayer

That’s what I’m hoping for too, fingers crossed!
At least Lindelof has been the utmost professional and has never done something stupid like what Fred is right now. They don't call him the Ice Man for no reason, plus he seems to be in love with the club already.

The Brazilian might not be settled down anyway so a move could be better for both parties. We need players that apply themselves 200% and sacrifice a lot to be successful here, just like Evra said in his interview with Neville. Pat even referenced the famous "United, kids, wife" banner.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think he has the potential to be a really good player for us. CM and striker are the hardest positions to just come in and do well in. You need to develop chemistry with your team mates. I think he’ll hopefully step up, I’m not really sure what he’s at getting married again in the middle of our pre season though. It doesn’t look good.

Devil81

No way the club give him pre season off to get married a second time.

He's had five weeks off!!!

Anyone believing this is either insane or stupid. Maybe he's either leaving or it's something more serious like a family death.

King Andow

Where the feck is this bum? After a season like that, working his butt off in the pre-season should be the minimum, it tells a lot about his mentality. Should be loaned out to a PL club that's for sure, will only eat McTominay, Gomes and Garner minutes when he gets back as he's not good enough.

DoomSlayer

No way the club give him pre season off to get married a second time.

He's had five weeks off!!!

Anyone believing this is either insane or stupid. Maybe he's either leaving or it's something more serious like a family death.

SATA

Wonder what his teammates are thinking. They are all out there busting their guts out in pre-season for three weeks while this lad gets to enjoy another vacation and getting married to the same bird twice. He shouldn't even be allow to start the season if we run out of options there (someone like Garner should)

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol::lol:
Sometimes watching United is like watching reality TV where we see a bunch of lottery winners feck around in their new found life of wealth. Utterly useless footballers

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He was there for the first week, was he not? Think I saw him on a picture with James?

OleGunnar20

He was there for the first week, was he not? Think I saw him on a picture with James?
If that's the case and he's slipped away for a week or so to get married I wouldn't really have a problem with it personally, much as it isn't ideal (and odd doing it for a second time?).

If he's not yet reported back however, simply to get that second marriage under his belt then we're into a whole new realm of weird.

I think he could be a useful player for us next season if he manages to settle into an actual role. We saw some flashes of quality here and there last year for sure, but I was never really sure where he fit best. Hererras replacement (Along with McTom) seems most likely at the moment, let's hope he kicks on as we need all the little wins we can get at the moment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Players don't get an extra weeks holiday for a wedding ffs. It simply doesn't happen, especially after having 5-6 weeks off beforehand.

I think he's probably one who is currently being offered to clubs. Don't see a future for him here.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If that's the case and he's slipped away for a week or so to get married I wouldn't really have a problem with it personally, much as it isn't ideal (and odd doing it for a second time?).

If he's not yet reported back however, simply to get that second marriage under his belt then we're into a whole new realm of weird.

I think he could be a useful player for us next season if he manages to settle into an actual role. We saw some flashes of quality here and there last year for sure, but I was never really sure where he fit best. Hererras replacement (Along with McTom) seems most likely at the moment, let's hope he kicks on as we need all the little wins we can get at the moment.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...tures-daniel-james-trains-manchester-16557994

Looks like he was with the team for the first week.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Players don't get an extra weeks holiday for a wedding ffs. It simply doesn't happen, especially after having 5-6 weeks off beforehand.

I think he's probably one who is currently being offered to clubs. Don't see a future for him here.
Well it does happen since it's happening before our eyes

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
After the season he's just had you'd have hoped he'd be looking to impress as much as possible. Instead he assumed he'd be a part of the Brazil squad and they'd make the final. Didn't bother rescheduling or cancelling after finding out he wasn't in the squad and has now missed valuable pre season time.

You'd think with his performances and the amount he gets paid you'd get a bit more commitment. This combined with his performances last season means he should be moving on in my opinion.
If it was a big marriage, I can understand the headache it'd be to reschedule the event earlier (imagine having family and friends for an earlier date would be tricky). We all knew for a while he wasn't gonna be a member of the Brazilian squad but I suppose he wanted to believe it (delude himself ?).
It's very weird to say the least.

SteveW

I think Ole will sell him at the first opportunity. Absolute joke to plan a wedding during preseason. Get rid.

SteveW

I am certain he got the club's blessing before proceeding with the wedding.
I'm sure he did. Realistically its a hard thing for the club to turn down. People are generally allowed time off from work to get married. The fact that he chose to do that instead of preseason speaks volumes.

BigBebe

If I were a professional footballer being paid £120,000 per week and had just been given 6 weeks paid holiday but then they asked me to fly to Australia to do some very hard work then I would definitely tell them that no, I am going to Brazil for a piss up.

If you can get away with it, why not?

Ram1fy

SAF always says it takes one full season to adapt to premier league. We've seen that with Otamendi, Herrera, Pedro among others in the recent years. He will be like a new signing.

Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Longstaff, Matic, Pereira

Gomez, Garner as backups

If we get those two signings, midfield should be complete?

mewnew11

There will always be people who right off players . I remember the cafe going mental when Lindeloff looked shaky, i remember the cafe going mental when Evra looked shaky. It took some time but eventually the players improved.

Sometimes you have to be patient and keep motivating the player even if he does the basic of mistakes. Its what managers are paid to do.

The problem with Fred is not his talent,Fred surely has talent. His passing between the lines is brilliant. His awareness for the quick pass is good. his vision to see the runs is good. The issue with Fred is more to do with confidence and focus. This surely will come with regular starts.

I hope he comes good this season and the guys who keep calling him the worst signing for united eat their words.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Can't say I am impressed that he isn't on pre-season because of his wedding but he should get another season to see what he is made of.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's not off because of the wedding. That's just BS line we are being fed. He will be leaving.

Never heard of a player being given an extra week or more off for a wedding before. They know the game and are supposed to be arrange in the off season.

LJJT

He probably is already landing in aussie lands, since he posted a pictured on the plane some hours ago
Your right he’s on route and will be there soon so hopefully he can still get a good pre season in and be a main player for us this season. I’ve high hopes for him he’s got quality, had a year to adapt now. Thought it was odd if he was missing the whole pre season to get married to a woman he already married

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
SAF always says it takes one full season to adapt to premier league. We've seen that with Otamendi, Herrera, Pedro among others in the recent years. He will be like a new signing.

Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Longstaff, Matic, Pereira

Gomez, Garner as backups

If we get those two signings, midfield should be complete?
That's funny. Payet was already good in his 1st season. So was Ozil in 13/14. So was Sanchez in 14/15. So was Aguero in 11/12. So was Martial in 15/16. So was Torres in 07/08.

All the above are offensive players, granted. Perhaps CM's take longer.

Holocene

I love how quickly he moves the ball. Can't wait to see more of him this season.

Godfather

Guy is going to become good for us. Give him time. If he cuts out the sloppiness of his game he'll be fine.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Very good today. One touch passing in tight spaces was quite brilliant.

Andersons Dietician

Think when he first came on within a minute he made a poor mistake but after that can’t really fault him I actually really like him and think in a pressing system he is going to be a weapon as he can pass quick and adventurously. Seems comfortable in those tight spaces popping it about and moving and that peg he did today was class.

I like that he also seems to have a bit of a nasty streak. Just seems like he would be a nightmare to play against always chopping at your ankles and just being an absolute nuisance.

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

Not given up on him yet, hope he settles down and start putting some consistency in his game.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I thought he looked a bit rusty and slow for about the first five minutes which is expected of somebody who has missed a week or so of pre-season. He gave the ball away cheaply with his first touch but he grew into the game and seemed to have a good understanding with McTominay and Andreas. Linked up well with the attackers too. Promising cameo let's hope he can kick on this season!

twitter thread suggester
He has this terrible tendency to underhit his passsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.