6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

The caf have a habit of making their minds up about somebody and sticking to it.

Fred could score a hattrick against Liverpool and they'd still moan he misplaced a pass and didn't have a perfect 100% completion rate.

He played well yesterday, if he and the rest play like that we'll win much more often.
For his standards, sure. But he was still outshone by an inexperienced 21 year old. Look at it this way; McT's performance yesterday was a standout because of who he is, whereas if Fred put in that sort of performance then it should be expected of him. They are rightfully judged differently imo because Fred is no longer a youngster, he should be the complete article by now. Then again scores are subjective anyway.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If there is 1 club in the world which would be able to find a downgrade on Fred for another £50m, it's us.
Sure,though I'm getting alittle more optimistic with our transfers after AWB,James and Maguire.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His long range shooting is pretty good. He's a good option to have against park-the-bus or low block teams.

El Jefe

Everyone has good performances now and then. Him playing well just tells me Norwich are shite.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Good to see people recognising his performance yesterday. He did well. No more sloppy moments than any other player.

I reckon a run in the side will do him the world of good. He shows flashes of being a really player, let’s try and give him the confidence a regular starting spot will bring.

432JuanMata

Everyone has good performances now and then. Him playing well just tells me Norwich are shite.
Agree. Needs to put in this performance or better week in week out. I thought he was good but doesn’t make up for a year of shit performances

Jonno

Agree. Needs to put in this performance or better week in week out. I thought he was good but doesn’t make up for a year of shit performances
I don’t think Fred is expecting it to make up for a year of shit performances, I think he’s just working hard to be in this side and help the team. Whats wrong with that?

jackal&hyde

He's done ok against Liverpool and Norwich i thought. His make or break season i reckon.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
'He can be our Kante' is a view I see regularly that pops up and I still find it amusing.Like,other that the lazy comparison to height and colour,I cant for the life of me see any of Kante in Fred.

He wouldn't be here anyway if Fiorentina didn't low-ball us with a offer of £18 million,though arguably that's his true value.

Last edited:

settembrini

What does he do well? Genuine question.
If you compare him to the midfielders he is competing against (Pogba, McTominay and Matic) then this season Fred has been the most accurate passer, the player tackled the least, the player with the fewest poor touches, the player who won the ball the most via tackles and equal first in winning it via interceptions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What does he do well? Genuine question.
It's really just a matter of team balance IMO. McTominay is an all action type of midfielder but positionally doesn't naturally float in areas to pick up the ball and pass it around. Fred does that, and is capable of progressive passing from those deeper positions. With the players we have, if we want a 4231, Fred next to McTominay is the most natural midfield pairing with Pogba going to the #10. He's wildly inconsistent and very average, but in terms of play style, he's the only one who really knows how to play the role properly.

UpWithRivers

It's as if he is a half baked Brazilian. Like God was working on his football talent and something went wrong and he never finished. He is nearly there in everything but not quite there. It's weird. Maybe a confidence thing or something but he seems like he needs to find another 20 percent in his passing, shooting, dribbling, tackling etc. If he does he will be a great player.

Mr PG

If you want your team to play a passing game like Chelsea are with Lampard, then Fred is your man. Excellent at quickly moving on the ball with either foot. That's why City wanted him. He's a player you buy for that kind of system but I expect the fans here to keep talking smack about him like they were against McTominay just a few games ago calling him championship level etc...etc.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If you want your team to play a passing game like Chelsea are with Lampard, then Fred is your man. Excellent at quickly moving on the ball with either foot. That's why City wanted him. He's a player you buy for that kind of system but I expect the fans here to keep talking smack about him like they were against McTominay just a few games ago calling him championship level etc...etc.
Yeah,no. Fred dawdles on the ball as much as any player I've seen. In the past few weeks he's shown he has a lack of forward play awareness with his passing. He had about 2,3 openings against Newcastle alone and didn't take any of them. He's the most monotonous player I've seen at United since Cleverly.

El Jefe

He did play well against Liverpool too or does that not fit into the Fred narrative?
It's not a narrative that he's been consistently shite since he's been here. He had a good period in the CL ties against Barcelona at home and PSG away but other than that he's been dreadful.

It's going to take a lot more than a couple of games for me to be convinced.

AFC NimbleThumb

Starting to show a decent first touch, it’s no longer panic stations as the ball approaches his feet.

LJJT

He’s far from great but he works hard, gets stuck in, tackles hard, passing is unpredictable but he’s decent enough to contribute for us. Pleased for him cos he works hard and deserves a bit of credit

el3mel

Not as great as previous matches but not bad as his earlier matches. His form has been very decent recently.

Strats

He's improving.

Really hope he keeps it up since we need a functional midfield with Pogba gone. Can't rely on McTominay carrying our midfield in the long run.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was really good today. He’s really good at just getting to people, his high energy and workrate is really starting to show. I know we’ve seen him put games like this in before but hopefully this time it sticks and he continues to put in these types of performances.

Kag

He’s dreadful.

We might as well have played a statue on the first half. Just because he started resembling a footballer in the second half - in that he actually made a few forward passes - doesn’t mean he’s “good”.

Litch

Thought he did well today and finding his game in prem. Its funny as his best games have been when him and Scott play and not with Pogs.....

M16Red

Played well in the middle, have to give him credit. No support from his side in Rojo or missing Lingard..

Status
Not open for further replies.