Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
He's always been good when given breathing room. Today didn't prove anything either way.

Carrying his wife over the threshold might help him build up some core strength to enable him to deal with the phsicality of the PL. Hopefully, she's a bit of a porker.

Zoo

I do like the extra zip he brings to our play. Ole seems to be settling on 4-2-3-1 which should suit Fred as that is what he was used to at Shakhtar.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’d take him over Matic all day long unless playing against a team of giants.

That nutmeg also was delightful!

He really helped up our tempo and he mctominay and pereira seem to be making a nice partnership lately.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Do people just feel good about themselves talking nonsense about others. It's like some sort of disease some posters have where they're quick to lay into players, it's so distasteful.

Grande

It was good seeing him entering the field and, after a ‘last season classical’ misplaced pass, quickly lift himself to the best level he showed in march.

Hhe obviously is a instinctive confidence player, and if he can pull of that kinda performance regularly also in the high tempo, high psychological pressure of the PL, it will be an immensely important improvement on last years mudfield. (I tried to write midfield, but the typi coined it better).

twitter thread suggester
Do people just feel good about themselves talking nonsense about others. It's like some sort of disease some posters have where they're quick to lay into players, it's so distasteful.
How is this any different to your opinion about Rashford?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The cleanest most embarrassing nutmeg I’ve seen in a while

Andersons Dietician

I’’ve actually got pretty high hopes for him this season. There were signs last year that there is a player there and I think in our new high energy style of quick passing in tighter spaces is really going to suit him. I love that he is quite combative and seems like he would be a nightmare to play against.

Liked the moment where he sought out some retribution on 1 of the Inter players as well when the tackles started to fly in a bit. Just smashed him hip to hip and walks off shouting and gesturing something.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
How is this any different to your opinion about Rashford?
Quote posts of mine in any Rashford threads were I insult his character. Go ahead and do it.

Don't lump me together with your lots that are quick to insult players and write non sense about them.

AkaAkuma

Can only see him playing if Pogba is the 10 or as a replacement for him. Good player though who needs time to develop

romufc

Looks like he will be a squad player, used in European games, and when Pogba is rested.

Adam-Utd

He will suit our pressing game really well.

He got plenty of interceptions + tackles last year with our tactics all over the place. You can tell he naturally wants to be on the front foot so with the defence backing him up he will really help us apply pressure IMO.

fergieisold

What I like about him is his first thought is getting the ball forward. He's got a good attacking pass in him and is good at playing a pressing game. What lets him down sometimes is his lack of awareness in dangerous defensive positions.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He has this terrible tendency to underhit his passsed.
Yeah that is true to a certain degree. Something that has also been the case when he played for Shakhtar. He needs to add more accuracy to his overall game but he got a lot of energy and once he has hopefully settled to the intensity of the PL he should fit into Ole's system.
Would like to see him start instead of Matic behind Pogba and another more attacking minded midfielder (Pereira if we do not get anyone else).

Andersons Dietician

He has this terrible tendency to underhit his passsed.
Weirdly I would say Matic is worse for that because I’ve seen Fred absolutely fire passes in to people and they’ve been good, sometimes maybe even a lit too hard. He’s I would say arguably the only midfielder we have that really moves the ball with purpose.

Where in Matic will send hospital pass after hospital pass or just a slow lazy ball when he should be pinging it to someone’s feet so they can advance the attack.

Seven Seas Sardines

He will suit our pressing game really well.

He got plenty of interceptions + tackles last year with our tactics all over the place. You can tell he naturally wants to be on the front foot so with the defence backing him up he will really help us apply pressure IMO.
The pressing of this team once it's properly drilled. :drool:

Martial/James Rashford Greenwood
Pogba Pereira
Fred
Shaw Lindelöf Tuanzebe AWB
DDG​

Adam-Utd

The pressing of this team once it's properly drilled. :drool:

Martial/James Rashford Greenwood
Pogba Pereira
Fred
Shaw Lindelöf Tuanzebe AWB
DDG​
I think Lingard over Pereira in terms of pressing, but Pereira as a midfielder if he's playing in his usual pre season form.

As you say though, with practise there's no reason we cannot press like City/Liverpool do. Our players are definitely capable.

MS4

We paid 60M for him. I hope he steps up this season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
We paid 60M for him. I hope he steps up this season.
I'm sure he will. There were signs towards the end of last season of him getting used to Prem football. Also playing him on the left of midfield could be good for him and the team.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
This guy is going to be crucial for our season, along with McTominay. We are not getting much needed additions to our midfield so we got to cope with what we have.

I’m trying to stay positive so for now I have to believe that Fred can deliver class perfomances this year.

Mailo

Far too sloppy in possession. No awareness. Thought he was supposed to be a technical player...

Kostov

Sloppy sloppy player. I really don't like to see that in midfield. 50 fecking million for that is a crime, and someone needs to answer for that. Incompetent twats all of them.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So far he's a squad player for cup games and nothing more.

Kag

He’d be a good footballer if he wasn’t as thick as pigshit.

The opposition know what he’s like when he receives the ball in midfield. They hound straight after him almost immediately and he still persists to dick about with it.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's the worst £50m player I've ever seen, Shaktar robbed us blind.

Pure garbage on field.

He was awful today. Anybody and Matic should never be a combination.
Fixed for you. Matic is completely finished and anyone who plays with him will be expected to run for two. Fred needs to wake up a bit but today was not a day to judge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.