6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Not a starter yet still, needs to improve and force his way into the team this year.

Halal Jalal

Sell ASAP! He still has some value now, but if we don't get rid immediately he'll just sit through his contract on the bench like all of our deadwood.

MUFC OK

Sell ASAP! He still has some value now, but if we don't get rid immediately he'll just sit through his contract on the bench like all of our deadwood.
We have no midfielders. We already need 2, but sure sell him as well..

Halal Jalal

We have no midfielders. We already need 2, but sure sell him as well..
Obviously, everyone knows we need to buy midfielders. But there's absolutely no point holding on to this flop, kids from academy can contribute more than him while getting paid junior wages.

MUFC OK

Obviously, everyone knows we need to buy midfielders. But there's absolutely no point holding on to this flop, kids from academy can contribute more than him while getting paid junior wages.
Right, sell him as well then? Glad we don't have trigger happy people like you in charge of our transfer policy. Selling Fred is so far down on our priority list right now.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm not sure if it's hyperbole, bias or just pure selective memory, but this guy is making the Bebe transfer look like a good signing. 50m pounds and I'm still unable to figure out just exactly it is he is good at.

I'm hoping it was just first season/settling in nerves, but he does look way out of his depth. Even the kids in the academy playing in midfield are outshining him.

sillwuka

I'm crying out for him to do well and show his quality but let's me down everytime.

Shows good touches at times but he has at least 4-5 mistakes in him per game which will cost us against decent opposition.

I think he's a player who will only do well if everything around him is running smoothly, not a player who will drag you out of trouble. You just don't know what is going to come next and that's why he will struggle.

Tiber

I really struggle to see him ever being good enough. Would like to be wrong (seems I was wrong about Scott) but id pretty shocked

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We can't, we are so ridiculously light in midfield that we've been playing Pereira/Lingard in CM. Fred will stay even if its just to make up the body count.

I have no idea why we haven't bought a replacement for Fellaini and Herrera yet.

MUFC OK

I'm not sure if it's hyperbole, bias or just pure selective memory, but this guy is making the Bebe transfer look like a good signing. 50m pounds and I'm still unable to figure out just exactly it is he is good at.

I'm hoping it was just first season/settling in nerves, but he does look way out of his depth. Even the kids in the academy playing in midfield are outshining him.
Tenacity, he can move the ball quickly on the turn, has a decent passing range but he's almost worse when he has time though which is concerning.

Halal Jalal

Right, sell him as well then? Glad we don't have trigger happy people like you in charge of our transfer policy. Selling Fred is so far down on our priority list right now.
So you're happy with the fact that majority of our squad isn't good enough for top 10, let alone top 4? There's no other team in the world holding on to useless players as long as we do.
Fred seems more like a Championship player than PL quality.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Tenacity, he can move the ball quickly on the turn, has a decent passing range but he's almost worse when he has time though which is concerning.
Yeah man, i am hopeful he turns it around, but from my POV, he just looks like he doesn't belong in this league at all. Not suited to it 1 bit.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Yeah I'm starting to lose hope.

We're really really short in midfield if we don't sign anyone.

Matic looks finished too so leaves us with Mctominay as our only reasonable option in a defensive midfield role.

Web of Bissaka

Still the same Fred, which can both be a good and bad thing.

Good, looks so naturally fit. He joined late pre-season but showed the same appetite, fitness and drive. A natural fit player? :drool:

Bad, well... everything else as usual. Nothing new. No improvement.

Halal Jalal

We can't, we are so ridiculously light in midfield that we've been playing Pereira/Lingard in CM. Fred will stay even if its just to make up the body count.

I have no idea why we haven't bought a replacement for Fellaini and Herrera yet.
Aren't we buying anyone? It's ridiculous that a club so rich and so (formerly) prestigious is forced to keep players like this simply because there's no one else.

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah I'm starting to lose hope.

We're really really short in midfield if we don't sign anyone.

Matic looks finished too so leaves us with Mctominay as our only reasonable option in a defensive midfield role.
Our club is utterly clueless so don’t be surprised if we don’t.

Kag

So you're happy with the fact that majority of our squad isn't good enough for top 10, let alone top 4? There's no other team in the world holding on to useless players as long as we do.
Get a grip you bloody numpty.

MUFC OK

Why would I be happy with that? Is your suggestion that we sell the likes of Fred, Jones, Young, Darmian, Rojo, Matic, Sanchez lukaku (all not necessarily good enough) even though we have a thin squad and wont be able to replace even half of them?

The bolded is a ridiculous statement, he was in Brazils world cup squad last year. Go back to your Fifa career mode.

He was quite good against Inter, but not good today. Weird player.
He played with McTominay against Inter. He was always good last season when they played together. He does not fit playing next to a player like Matic, he needs somebody who moves around him and can do the one and two touch quick football he likes.

Shark

@NotShark
Aren't we buying anyone? It's ridiculous that a club so rich and so (formerly) prestigious is forced to keep players like this simply because there's no one else.
This has been an he case with us for as long as I can remember, even under SAF. Modric was available after Scholes retired but what do we do, bring him back from retirement instead of doing the obvious.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fred faded very, very badly today. I hope and pray that its simply because he started preseason late and ran out of puff. However, there's not much from last season to give me confidence that his level is higher than what we just saw. Incredible to have spent over £50m on this fella. He's a trier but he just isn't good enough.

Nick7

He played with McTominay against Inter. He was always good last season when they played together. He does not fit playing next to a player like Matic, he needs somebody who moves around him and can do the one and two touch quick football he likes.
Agreed, but it's still a massive drop off in performance. I quite like the idea of seeing a McTominay, Fred, Pogba midfield with Martial, Rashford and Gomes/Greenwood ahead of them. Think they could play really nice football.

Agreed, but it's still a massive drop off in performance. I quite like the idea of seeing a McTominay, Fred, Pogba midfield with Martial, Rashford and Gomes/Greenwood ahead of them. Think they could play really nice football.
Agreed. Matic sticks out like a sore thumb and some players can make it work with him, but Fred doesn't seem to be one of them. If we are to play him it needs to be in a system that suits him or we're better off without. Thankfully the system he fits happens to be the one that's winning everything in football at the moment and hopefully that's what we're aiming for.

MUFC OK

Fred faded very, very badly today. I hope and pray that its simply because he started preseason late and ran out of puff. However, there's not much from last season to give me confidence that his level is higher than what we just saw. Incredible to have spent over £50m on this fella. He's a trier but he just isn't good enough.
he was very good against PSG and Barcelona in the CL, yet poor against the likes of Brighton. He has the level in him I believe, and selling him right now simply isn't an option.

RedDevilUnited369

Fred is behind in terms of fitness and preseason games. Let's just give him a chance to pick up his fitness.

MUFC OK

Fred is behind in terms of fitness and preseason games. Let's just give him a chance to pick up his fitness.
A sensible post, in this instant gratification age it's hardly surprising to see people calling for his head already though.

Dinghy

He makes silly and completely unecessary mistakes in pretty much every game he plays. You dont want that from a DCM.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was good today and then last few minutes understandably when he was tired he gave the ball away a couple of times. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on this season as I genuinely think there is a player there we could use.

OsloRed

Matic did him no favours today. Fred, and most other midfielders, need some mobility around them as passing options. Every time he received or won the ball today, Matic was either marked or far behind him, making his job that much harder.

Bobski

He is not good enough at this stage. Far too erratic in everything he does, only possible role is as an attacking midfielder with 2 others behind who can negate his chaotic influence, and what team would waste that role on Fred?

Non-starter as a DM, would be suicide from Ole, can't be trusted on the ball in such a key position.

laughtersassassin

Most eratic midfielder I have never seen. Has quality but zero no how on how to use it.

See almost zero chance him being a good signing.

Pace Abuser

This has been an he case with us for as long as I can remember, even under SAF. Modric was available after Scholes retired but what do we do, bring him back from retirement instead of doing the obvious.
We were desperate for Modric. As were Chelsea. Spurs refused to sell him in the EPL. I remember it clearly. Nothing the club could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.