6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Derbyshire

Finally finding his feet at this level, hopefully he can keep improving and provide consistent performances. Him and McTominay have a good understanding together, when Pogba comes back that 3 will hopefully stay fit and we’ll start to dominate midfield more often than not.

Kostov

He was good and fought well, and then I think of that Alli goal and it makes me angry how easily him and Young were fooled.

Cela shomana

His first touch has improved a lot therefore he has cut out his Brain dead mistakes in dangerous areas. My God, the guy can run the whole day. His work rate is immense

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In Pogba's absence, he has really stepped up this season.
Agreed. On paper Sissoko and Ndombele (latter at least after for winks) is a daunting duo to defend against. We'd worry about his physicality and ability to hold his own but I thought he closed them down well, shielded the ball with good strength and I guess more obviously, improved his pass completion by finding players frequently both forwards and square to him.

Hope he can kick on and be a long term player for us, he's likeable the way he gets about and shows some vocal spirit on the game.

DoomSlayer

Incredible game, in my opinion. Gave him a 9 in the ratings. I don't think the goal was his fault specifically, it was a collective mistake from a defensive point of view.

A-man

Great match. Sometimes his passes are a total miss, but often he chooses the unexpected and opening pass.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agreed. On paper Sissoko and Ndombele (latter at least after for winks) is a daunting duo to defend against. We'd worry about his physicality and ability to hold his own but I thought he closed them down well, shielded the ball with good strength and I guess more obviously, improved his pass completion by finding players frequently both forwards and square to him.

Hope he can kick on and be a long term player for us, he's likeable the way he gets about and shows some vocal spirit on the game.
Also till we dropped deep, it was them who struggled to cope with Fred. He was everywhere, winning possession, distributing ball and was a busy bee.

Raven

He's been good for a while now, has settling in, once we have our full team back, we could be quite good.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was good and fought well, and then I think of that Alli goal and it makes me angry how easily him and Young were fooled.
Was sublime skill by Alli and I thought he evened it out later in the game with way he busted a gut to track back and stab away a great Spurs chance as last man.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
The odd misplaced pass aside he was good tonight. Didn't lose possession stupidly in the middle which is a huge success unlike McTominay who did it twice.

Based Adnan

I don't blame Fred for that. He was in a strength duel with Alli and it's something he's going to lose. We know this, he's not that type of player.

Young on the other hand literally did nothing. Stepped forward, pretended to kick the ball and sold himself without actually making a challenge for the ball. It's bizarre. I've watched it multiple times and I have no idea what he is trying to do. Doesn't go for the ball but commits himself at the same time? It's on him.

lysglimt

Scout
Don't know why there's such a hate online against this guy. Brilliant little player. Covers so much ground and the most hardworking player in every game. Best player on the pitch today after Rashford. He's also our best midfielder bar Pogba in our squad including the 10s. Get a better DM to replace Matic and we have a very good midfield trio again.
There is no hate towards him - but let's be honest - up untill a month or so ago - he looked awful. Now - he is actually starting to look like quality.

Irwin99

Was a different class today. Been putting in decent/ok performances lately but that was another level.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Playing like Fred's brother these days. That performance for me was better than his PSG game.

Very close to putting him as man of the match, he played today like a silkier version of Herrera. Passing was really tidy, so many interceptions and dribbled his way out of trouble.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think he's gonna be here longterm but tonight he was the best midfielder on the pitch easily IMO.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Who knew???? Who the fcuk knew :lol:

Is this the game that changes everything for our much maligned Fred?!

Fantastic tonight.

Ban

Great match. Sometimes his passes are a total miss, but often he chooses the unexpected and opening pass.
Yeah its good he tries those balls behind a defense, sometimes it doesnt pays of but when it does it creates a big oportunity.

mu4c_20le

He was naive, and probably didn't think Alli had it in him to suddenly turn into Zlatan.

criticalanalysis

Who knew???? Who the fcuk knew :lol:

Is this the game that changes everything for our much maligned Fred?!

Fantastic tonight.
He's been pretty decent since he's had a consistent run of games this season so far to be fair.

Looking forward to having Pogba in front of McFred.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Fantastic performance. If he keeps this level, we can have a decent midfield trio to field in McT-Fred-Pogba.

A-man

Yeah its good he tries those balls behind a defense, sometimes it doesnt pays of but when it does it creates a big oportunity.
Exactly, it’s worth the risk of losing possession. Most of the time at least.

Canagel

He's been very good for 2 months. It's just daft fans that failed to realize Periera makes everyone look bad.

mu4c_20le

He's been very good for 2 months. It's just daft fans that failed to realize Periera makes everyone look bad.
Pereira's a makeshift CM to be fair, even Mourinho only played him wide right. Can never be trusted to defend deep in midfield.

Bobski

Easily his best game for the club, kept the tempo of both passing and press high, was sharper with his back to goal under pressure and did a solid job protecting his back 4. The Ali goal is the combination of a few mistakes from different players and a great piece of skill.

Machine Elements

There is no hate towards him - but let's be honest - up untill a month or so ago - he looked awful. Now - he is actually starting to look like quality.
I was talking about not just this forum but also YouTube and Twitter. Saw a lot of the fans made their minds up about him as he was our worst midfielder. The popular opinion on him was he's just a shit player who's bought for a huge sum and worse than McTominay etc. He's not.

And to be honest, I never saw an awful performance from him even last year. It was just he was trying to adapt to the league when the environment was toxic and his playing style needed to adjust a bit. Because he's not a side ways passing midfielder; he's willing to take the initiative and I really liked that last year. These line breaking forward passes we see now it's refreshing to see and you know it's high risk high reward type. A bit like Nani in that respect. Then again I never understood the overreaction against Nani either. These are the type of players that in the right set up they are unplayable at times.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's having a good season, just keeps getting better. Even when he had to go next to Pereira he could still hold his head up high, now McTominay's back he looks even better. I'm very excited to see what our midfield looks like when Pogba returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.