Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good game, he is such a hard working player. He is everywhere and also his passing is so clean.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I’ve wanted him gone. Delighted to say he’s probably salvaged his career here with the last two performances.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He might be our best Brazilian player ever if he keeps performing like this. He’s been superb this season, it’s shame that some people didn’t rate his performance when the his performance was being overlooked by Pereira’s terrible performance.

Champagne Football

Jose benches him after 45 minutes of his debut last season, then dumps him on the bench for months. Completely gives up on him after a 45 minute cameo in his first ever game.

Ole tries to rebuild his shattered confidence. Fred is a joke in his first 5 or 10 games this season. Ole persists and Fred suddenly transforms into the player we all hoped he would be.

Oh the dangers of hiring a quick-fix manager who does not develop players, and who only buys ready made stars who can hit the ground running from the word go.

Paul_Scholes18

He has been good in the big games for a long time. Today he was bloody brilliant. Hopefully he can start doing it against the weaker teams too.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Him and McT is looking like the partnership with Stepanenko he had at Shakhtar (short fast player and tall engine player)

ThinkTank@Cafe

The Fred who played in the last two games, and other big games, is a way bigger asset in top 6 and (hopefully) CL battles than Pogba. Don’t get me wrong, Pogba “create something out of nothing” type of player, is different class. But top teams nowadays rely on consistent, disciplined, drilled CM units who release ball fast, and press relentlessly. From that perspective, Paul is a liability.
Sadly, for the same reasons, he is not fit as 10. Are we really selling him? May be getting a world class 10 for that money?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s played well for more than two games guys. Let’s stop this ‘2 games thing’, otherwise it will be a caf fact by the morning.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Finally seems to be coming of age as a United player. Unsurprisingly this coincides with his first real consistent run of games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s been fantastic ever since PSG let’s be honest, and even before that he had good games like arsenal away. He just ruined them with some dodgy passes or touches.

as I said last season he just needed some time to settle, now we’re seeing why we paid so much money. Not such a joke anymore is he?

Ace of Spades

Another great game, such a hard worker.

His biggest problem was that he would make one or two terrible mistakes in a game which would be a big issue. Now, he seems to have cut those mistakes out, and looks especially good when paired with McT, it is a good partnership. Defensively we look a lot more solid.

Devil may care

MOTM for me, I knew AWB would get it for all the tackles but for me Fred was making a huge defensive contribution and was the only one from deep that was doing anything with the ball to get it to our front 4, his best performance in a United shirt.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is improving alright. Good to see. There's definitely a good player there, at least in some systems.

Lynty

A cross between Park and Hargreaves

Based on the last few games, £50m looks like a bargain

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Been a supporter of Fred since day 1 but the caf, pundits, and even kfc had me questioning my own sanity. Glad to see him proving the doubters wrong.

OohAahMartial

But our coaching is terrible, we don't improve any of our players!!!

As Ole says though, getting a consistent run of games, with a consistent partner so that relationships and understanding can be performed, let's you get the most out of a player and build a team. Fred has gone from looking like deadwood, to being one to keep. He's adjusted to the league now and starting to develop both offensively and defensively. Happy for the lad. Shocking abuse he took though, was a real warrior to keep going despite that.

Sing you a song

He might be our best Brazilian player ever if he keeps performing like this. He’s been superb this season, it’s shame that some people didn’t rate his performance when the his performance was being overlooked by Pereira’s terrible performance.
I think Pereira being replaced by mctominay has had a massive positive effect on Fred as an individual and the team a a whole

Foxbatt

I didn't see the match but saw the gif here and credit has to be given to the player who passed it to Fred who obviously kept on running. In the past we would have slowed it down or done something stupid and the moment would have gone.
He always sees these kind of passed but his execution was the major issue in the past.

redshaw

Hopefully he can keep at it.

I was really urging Ole to bring him in from the doldrums a while back as we were very light in midfield and Matic looking too slow in preseason, he wasn't getting any games. I felt he would be good if he got a run of games, he's not had that since arriving.

His style of play can lead to giving balls away but he's very good on quick breaks and transitions. With James on the right we're a lot more balanced, this will help everyone.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fair to say the prospect of him being a long term player for us is back on the cards.

Bondi77

I was definitely not a believer but he he has turned my way of thinking and he has been immense in the past two games and it looks like we have finally got a decent Brazilian midfielder at our club.
Don’t know if it makes a lot of difference but as he got married in the summer he really did not have a preseason with the club and yet he has energy to run the whole game, long may it continue.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wow, what a display that was from Fred this evening, did all he could and more. A proper midfield player. So happy for him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His passing through the lines is what I like from him most. Direct to feet.

It's been a while we had a player like him. I can definitely see why Pep was interested

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent yesterday. That pass straight to Martial from a deep area is precisely what we've lacked for awhile. Best midfielder on the pitch in this game.

RedDevilRoshi

Thought I’d never say this but that’s probably 2 MOTM performances in a row that Fred has put in.

Absolutely superb yet again! Him and McTominay in midfield just look so good together.

Status
Not open for further replies.