Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I wouldn't necessarily say Fred is a risky passer more of a sloppy one at times which is one of the most infuriating aspects of his game.
Though that criticism doesn't solely stop at Fred's feet. As we've seen with Matic,McTomminay and Pogba all have been equally guilty of being sloppy in possession.
None of our centre midfield players seem to be capable of being that one individual that just chooses the right pass and the right time to release. A player that makes us tick.

We're still fundamentally lacking a Scholes,Modric,Carrick type midfielder.

AshRK

If he was playing for city or liverpool he would have been highly praised by the people of caf. Yes he could do by scoring some or even assisting but maybe with Fernandes and pogba eventually coming back he would do well in that department too. But overall a top drawer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is having very good season, Fabregas commenting on his performance sums it up. Usually its done for elite players but Fred getting that praise from Fabregas shows how well he is playing.

Hopefully he will keep it up, with Pogba and McTominay back, along with Bruno we will have good midfield.

Silas

Couldn't watch much of the match today, but from what I saw he looked really good.

AneRu

His work-rate and disruptive qualities are exceptional. You could compare him to guys like Matuidi, Kante and Henderson for the platform he provides, unexpected improvement from him this year. Fred and McTominay as a screen with Fernandes providing support and a goal threat with the CB's taking on a lot of the distribution duties.

Starting to see the shape of the team Ole wants. Pogba will go, amazing talent, but hard to find a perfect role for him.
No matter what happens with Pogba I think we need to try out Atletico's 4-4-2 with Pogba/Grealish and Bruno as the AM and Fred plus one as the screen in front of the defense. Given the type of forwards we have in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood I think it suits them best as none amongst them has the qualities of a lone striker and we don't have quality on the wings. The fullbacks are a worry but I think we can make do with AWB and Williams overlapping and will also need a more assured passer of the ball from deep than McTominay, maybe Phillips?

Yagami

Good post resistant
He is having very good season, Fabregas commenting on his performance sums it up. Usually its done for elite players but Fred getting that praise from Fabregas shows how well he is playing.

Hopefully he will keep it up, with Pogba and McTominay back, along with Bruno we will have good midfield.
Oh, nice. It's cool to see him getting praise from Cesc. Derservedly so, too!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Assists all season: 0
Goals since he joined us: 0
Making him motm today is a fecking joke!
Why would anyone judge a midfielder like Fred on goals and assists?

He is a proper midfielder. In all competition, per 90 mins
Chances created - 2.14
Dribbles completed - 1.86
Tackles won - 3.78

That's a very good record. He regularly covers more than 11.5 kms per game too.

Sylar

His workrate is defo outstanding. As a box to box guy, I would like to see his output increase. Maybe that happens with better players added to the team. It does seem lately, he tries stuff whilst others dont so cant fault him for that.

LInkash

Why's Cesc commenting on a United player?

I suppose the most memorable moment in his career was United related (battle of the buffet)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Literally the first video I've seen created of him & was nice to watch.

Definitely better than Herrera for me and is all over the pitch. Glad he adapted to the league & I feel like he is actually quite a player that makes the players around him better too - I've seen this with Mctomminay & Matic.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Good game from Fred again, he’ll become a real fan favourite if he keeps this up. Love his effort and his vision and passing range is actually pretty good. Like him, like him a lot right now and we’d be a much worse team without him. Who’d have thought that a year ago?

LJJT

Very very good again tonight. Covers every inch of the pitch, good passing and tackling did all expected of him. One of the first on the team sheet for me

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Did everything that was in his job description today. He is not a problem right now.

His passing in final third is becoming consistently ambitious and precise which is a dramatic improvement from his early days.

I suspect that if he had more fluid movement in front of him, he'd be able to create many more assists.

Last edited:

M16Red

Oh my god, the amount of times this guy got a foot in is beyond ridiculous.

MOTM for me.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Good game today. Crisp passing and always making himself available off the ball. He's also one of the very few players in our squad who has the ability to pass forward and between the lines.

Litch

Not the problem. Basically playing on his own in midfield.....

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Very good again tonight.
Him,Maguire,Shaw and at times Fernandes were the only positives.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Really pleased with him. Always makes himself available for the ball and tries to move it forward. Feel like he has even more to offer in possession which we'll hopefully see when playing alongside a better, more balanced midfield.

KeanoMagicHat

Such an improvement, everything you'd want from a midfielder today. Just let down by what was in front of him. But definitely promising if he keeps up that form when Rashford, Pogba, McTominay etc return, might be on the way to being a decent team.

RedIan

Turned into a very reliable midfielder. Had a good game i gave him mom as he worked his balls off. Shame he cant shoot.

MOTM most weeks at the moment. City would have been in a much better position this season had he gone there as rumours initially suggested, not many of our players you could say that about.

3KDré

Given Rashford will be out for a lot of the remaining season, I could see him picking up POTY.

Andersons Dietician

Given Rashford will be out for a lot of the remaining season, I could see him picking up POTY.
Personally think even if Rashford was fit Fred is still easily POTY.

Showed more to his game today. The intelligence to hold position more and stop danger before it happens. Even when there was danger he did everything he could to get back and stop it. He and Shaw did a job on Traore.

thepolice123

Really needs to work on his strength. I swear every match he will get put on his arse by someone barging into him.

That said, he is our best performer today. Tremendous improvement.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Got yourself a little gem there in Fred after a poor start to his Utd career. Love watching him play as he is always available even in tight spaces he doesn’t hide and always willing to be there for his teammate.

Player of the year for sure after Rashford’s injury as cannot think of another Utd player who have performed week in week out.

predator

Youth NITK
He is gradually becoming our most important player. He is everywhere, chasing the ball and winning it and never giving up not to mention his composure, vision and agility whilst dribbling. He has matured so much since last season which is expected for a player adjusting to english football.

I will hold my hands up and admit that I underestimated him for a while but after that PSG away game I saw something that I haven't seen in a united midfielder for ages.

We have a seriously good player in Fred and hopefully it becomes glaringly obvious when the team gets its act together.

mu4c_20le

I remember last year when we were about to lose Herrera, I suggested he could save us the money for other positions by directly replacing him, since he seemed to have a similar skill set. Of course, I was laughed at, and I'll even admit doubting him myself along the way, but boy has he come a long way.

He'sRaldo

While his work rate was admirable, I think this was a poorer game than usual from him as he kept losing his duels. Wolves' attackers are very quick and strong, and it seemed he really struggled with winning the ball from them 1v1.

I think he can't play as a sole DM until he gains more strength and improves his tackling and general ball-winning. 2nd balls in the PL are so important, one of the reasons we were able to sustain attacks today was because of Maguire's dominant performance when we lost the ball. We're going to need similarly dominant performances from our DM if we're to put teams under extended pressure regularly.

We don't really have any genuine ball-winners with superb tackling in the midfield, and that's a problem as IMO it contributes somewhat to our players' hesitant behaviour at times. It seems there's a constant fear of being counter-attacked and the defenders being exposed, a good ball-winner would go a long way to alleviating that fear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.