6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepinhead

What a player he is becoming. He is just player of the season for me and that is despite Rashford having a great one himself until the injury

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Much better this season, no surprise because he was really good at Shaktar, of course coming from Ukraine directly to the Premier League and to a top club is always a challenge, just look at Fabinho or Keita for Liverpool, or even Bernardo Silva first season at City. The qaulity is there, maybe him and Fernandes next season will get better together.

MetoTTT

I can't hear the detractors. Never world class but since last season I knew he'll be a very good player. Glad he did well again. Best United player this season.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Great again tonight, never stopped running and tackling. Impressed with him defending an injured Martial when the oppo were attempting to put the boot in. He's almost looking like captain material..

Rolaholic

Playing with someone so technically proficient as Bruno in midfield should allow him to actually play like a Brazilian for a change.

Saw some real promising stuff from both together today

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Seems to be taking more responsibility on his shoulders and showing himself to be a leader in more ways than one. I like that a lot, especially as we've had so many players shy away from it. Lad is a keeper.

Obiorahking_

Players that love performing when it matters most are invaluable. Not a long term starter but he's proving himself to be a worthy backup

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Player of the season so far, no doubt about it.

I suspect he will never get the credit he deserves because of the horrible first season he had with us. First impression are so important. Our fanbase will love and rate him though, and the more important anyway.

Gopher Brown

Excellent performance. He's good at receiving the ball in tight areas and finding a pass and his ability to win the ball back is excellent.

Looking more and more like a £50m player every game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Player of the season so far, no doubt about it.

I suspect he will never get the credit he deserves because of the horrible first season he had with us. First impression are so important. Our fanbase will love and rate him though, and the more important anyway.
Thing is he wasn’t even that bad - he had performances like this but then spoiled them with giving the ball away and costing us a goal or a chance against us.

he’s obviously improved since the first year but he was never as awful as people made out. Mourinho killed his confidence, where as Ole has clearly empowered him it’s great to see.

he’s also now played well with Matić and mctominay, so it just shows he wasn’t carried by Scott.

marktan

He also had a great game against Liverpool. Players that stand up and be counted against the top teams will help us get where we need to go.

Roberto420

Crazy how much he's turned it around fast becoming my favourite player love everything about him, his stamina is unreal never stops running and isn't afraid to play a forward pass think Matic gives him a little more freedom too they complement each other well.

RedCurry

Fred has truly turned it around it seems. He’s gone from a really suspect player to one of the best holding players in the league. He always had a big heart but now he’s backing it up with performances. He’s making many of us doubters, including myself, look like idiots.

Red Bilko

Last Man Standing Hard Mode champion 2023/24
Completely won me over, didn't think he would and feel ashamed of my low opinion on him.

I'm not a fan of Daniel James but given the improvement in Fred I'm going to cut him some slack and hopefully he will improve his general play.
Why do you have to throw in the i'm not a fan of James? This is a Fred thread.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm not sure how we can play without him know. Look at Chelsea's midfield without Kante. Similarly his energy is irreplaceable in our current squad. He also replaced Herrera's role of protecting his team mates and annoying the opponents plus he's good to have at set pieces.

Thing is he wasn’t even that bad - he had performances like this but then spoiled them with giving the ball away and costing us a goal or a chance against us.

he’s obviously improved since the first year but he was never as awful as people made out. Mourinho killed his confidence, where as Ole has clearly empowered him it’s great to see.

he’s also now played well with Matić and mctominay, so it just shows he wasn’t carried by Scott.
This is very true. He was absolutely terrific away at Arsenal last year, for example, but his whole performance was overshadowed by giving away quite an unfortunate penalty. It was obvious from that match that he’d be a quality player if given time and a run of games.

ash_86

Everytime he gets the ball i'm confident he'll make the right pass. Such as contrast from a year back when i use to get mini attacks when he received the ball at midway.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
His best performances have all come in big games, decision-making and passing is also improving gradually. Positive signs, let's hope he can keep this consistency.

Everything Herrera had, niggly nasty feck, works his ass off, just with added quality on the ball.
They are similar as they seem to come alive in big matches but Herrera scored some very crucial goals, often vs big teams. He had that knack of being in right place at the right time to score or create, Fred doesn't have that imo.

The United

I love Fred.

But, it would be nice if he could keep the ball and pass it properly once he is close to the penalty box. I suppose that's the difference between world class players and decent players.

Hopefully, Fred will improve on that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Took a bit of a time but our midfield looking quite good now IMO, and largely down to him.

Rashford Martial ???
Bruno Fred McTominay
Shaw Maguire Bailly AWB
DDG

Greenwood
James Pereira ???
Garner Matic
Williams Tuanzebe Lindelof Dalot
Romero​

Basically get Garner to learn from Fred, Matic rotate with McTominay when needed and be a squad option, Pereira be backup for Fernandes (rotating that role with Mata). Fred emerging as he has this season easily makes him the #6 of choice going forward, and I can see that 3 be our main 3 next season. Signing someone like Sancho for the right wing would be absolutely brilliant, but we'll see. For Fred though, developing into that deep lying playmaker role that also bursts forward when needed is going to be a perfect compliment long term to McTominay and Bruno IMO.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Never mind his excellent performances this season, the engine on this man is just unreal. Never stops running and he has played A LOT of football this season, most of the time in a dysfunctional, unsettled midfield where he has been doing most of the legwork.

Amazing

marktan

Took a bit of a time but our midfield looking quite good now IMO, and largely down to him.

Rashford Martial ???
Bruno Fred McTominay
Shaw Maguire Bailly AWB
DDG

Greenwood
James Pereira ???
Garner Matic
Williams Tuanzebe Lindelof Dalot
Romero​

Basically get Garner to learn from Fred, Matic rotate with McTominay when needed and be a squad option, Pereira be backup for Fernandes (rotating that role with Mata). Fred emerging as he has this season easily makes him the #6 of choice going forward, and I can see that 3 be our main 3 next season. Signing someone like Sancho for the right wing would be absolutely brilliant, but we'll see. For Fred though, developing into that deep lying playmaker role that also bursts forward when needed is going to be a perfect compliment long term to McTominay and Bruno IMO.
Yeah I agree with this, singing Bruno (so far after 2 games) and Fred's emergence this season are really helping us. With Mctominay in there could dominate a lot of midfields.

Big question marks for us to becoming a top team though for me is who we sign for RW, and both the full backs. Both full backs are good but neither really provide attacking support the way TAA and Robertson do. Top attacking full backs are crucial to modern teams. For RW, I'm a big fan of Sancho and have been since he first played for Dortmund, but I think signing a left footed player for the RW would help us more as forwards cut in mostly nowadays. Sancho being nimble footed can make up for that, but I feel long term it'd be a bit like playing Neymar on the RW.

SAFMUTD

He has turned around quite impressively this season, he’s looking like a proper 50 million player now.

Status
Not open for further replies.