6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Didn't like the way he played as a 6 at times last season but i'm more optimistic about him than some others who didn't perform last year. Has energy and can move the ball quickly, make tackles and press the opposition. Just don't let De Gea pass it to him when he's just outside our box :nervous:

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Can we please not write someone on / off in pre season?

twitter thread suggester
Another strange performance. He is so erratic with his passing.

luke511

Amazes me that the management still haven't realised him and Pogba in the same midfield never works.

Kearnkoff69

His passing was garbage today. Knocked it straight to the opposition multiple times, as if he just didn't see them, which is a worrying characteristic for a central midfielder. I was optimistic that he'd kick on if given consistent playing time, but he's shown nothing so far to indicate that there's a good player waiting to come out.

You could say the same about Pogba + anyone, based on most of his United career so far.
You could, but at least you can see that Pogba has qualities that you can weigh up against his decencies. He has some fantastic attributes. I can’t homestly see what Fred is good at, best you can say is that he has a bit of energy and looks busy (whilst losing the ball) - he’s not actually good at anything.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You could, but at least you can see that Pogba has qualities that you can weigh up against his decencies. He has some fantastic attributes. I can’t homestly see what Fred is good at, best you can say is that he has a bit of energy and looks busy (whilst losing the ball) - he’s not actually good at anything.
In his handful of decent games last season I thought he passed the ball well. Off both feet. As well as the busyness and hustle he usually brings to the table. He Most notably against Barca.

He didn’t pass the ball well today though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His passing was garbage today. Knocked it straight to the opposition multiple times, as if he just didn't see them, which is a worrying characteristic for a central midfielder. I was optimistic that he'd kick on if given consistent playing time, but he's shown nothing so far to indicate that there's a good player waiting to come out.
He’s a lot more rusty than the rest of the team as this is much earlier in his personal pre-season. Which is a terrible way to start a make or break campaign for him but there you go.

Kostov

Amazes me that the management still haven't realised him and Pogba in the same midfield never works.
He doesn't seem to work with anyone to be fair.

For some strange reason he sometime goes for a lofted pass when there is no need of one, and totally feck it up.

Kag

I can’t recall a more inconsistent central midfielder. And this isn’t game to game. This is minute to minute.

At one point he’s winning the ball back in the final third and breaking through the midfield with an incisive one-two. Next thing you know - and I mean literally thirty seconds later - he’s completely incapable of passing the ball five yards to his nearest man.

An absolute head-wrecker of a player.

Kearnkoff69

He’s a lot more rusty than the rest of the team as this is much earlier in his personal pre-season. Which is a terrible way to start a make or break campaign for him but there you go.
You're right, and I'm definitely not writing him off quite yet. It's just head-scratching how many mistakes he makes that are entirely down to the mental side of the game.

FromTheBench

Who scouted him seriously?

I mean he may come half decent but we paid 50 million for him.

And then Mourinho moaned about no money.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

50m don't get you a lot now, I think it's time to stop beating Fred with his price tag

Litch

How many games has he played for Utd aside from pre-season?

SteveW

McKenna was a huge fan of his apparently so he may have had some input.

Eddy_JukeZ

I can’t recall a more inconsistent central midfielder. And this isn’t game to game. This is minute to minute.

At one point he’s winning the ball back in the final third and breaking through the midfield with an incisive one-two. Next thing you know - and I mean literally thirty seconds later - he’s completely incapable of passing the ball five yards to his nearest man.

An absolute head-wrecker of a player.
I feel the same way.

He goes through highs and lows minute to minute. It's odd.

The weirdest player I've seen play for us.

Zoo

Did well when he came on. Nice, crisp passing.

thomas porter

he looked decent today. He seems the kind of player that needs to be fit and playing with confidence to be at his best. McTominay also seems to be his best midfield partner.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He can be extremely rapid, sometimes maybe too rapid, but as I said last season, he doesn't slow things down.

Litch

Needs games as you would expect from some who's probably played less the 20 games even if you include coming on for 5 mins.

Duafc

Village Lemon
You can see the Fred we thought we were buying.

Mobile, combative and good technique - very quick to move it on and wants to do things one and two touch.

Unfortunately he is just so hit and miss at the moment, will give you 15 good minutes then play in their CF. I hope he'll settle and find some confidence and sense of belonging as I do think he's a very worthwhile option for the way we want to play.

Alemar

He was a little shite today. Still much better than Matic and Pereira in midfield

Litch

You can see the Fred we thought we were buying.

Mobile, combative and good technique - very quick to move it on and wants to do things one and two touch.

Unfortunately he is just so hit and miss at the moment, will give you 15 good minutes then play in their CF. I hope he'll settle and find some confidence and sense of belonging as I do think he's a very worthwhile option for the way we want to play.
26 appearances and most from subs bench might explain it....think at times he tries to hard to impress

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He's a player I don't particularly like, although there are many in the squad worse. But you can see him shining in a Wolverhampton type team if we get rid of him.

Duafc

Village Lemon
26 appearances and most from subs bench might explain it....think at times he tries to hard to impress
You think he should have played more?

I'd agree but he hasn't made an overly resounding case for himself in fairness. I was surprised Ole didn't play him more, he really did not seem to trust him as I thought he would - will be interesting to see this year given our reluctance to replace Herrera/Feli.

Litch

You think he should have played more?

I'd agree but he hasn't made an overly resounding case for himself in fairness. I was surprised Ole didn't play him more, he really did not seem to trust him as I thought he would - will be interesting to see this year given our reluctance to replace Herrera/Feli.
Who knows just I think the stuff I read on here, it's like he's started 50 games to be able to form an opinion on him.

Classical Mechanic

Passing was better but weak in the tackle a few times. I've slated him a lot but he deserves another shot. He had to adjust to a new culture last year and came into a team that was at war with the management for most of the season.

El Jefe

Meh I'm not convinced at all. I think this is one of those situations where we should pull the plug early and loan him out or sell him. He's a flop and I don't see time changing anything with him.

Sometimes you're better off accepting you bought a bust and moving on. He will costs us dearly in games this season just as he did in the last.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Who knows just I think the stuff I read on here, it's like he's started 50 games to be able to form an opinion on him.
Just frustration I think - people knew Pep wanted him and I think he has underwhelmed - I think any Brazilian coming from the Russian (?) league should be given a fair bedding in period.

Tarrou

Some days he’s good and some days he looks drunk

So at least he’s better than Matic now

Stadjer

Just frustration I think - people knew Pep wanted him and I think he has underwhelmed - I think any Brazilian coming from the Russian (?) league should be given a fair bedding in period.
Ukraine.. for now. Could be Russia in the future i guess

Russian league is better than the Ukrainian league but even that would be a big step. Fred usually did alright in the CL matches with Shaktar didnt he?

Status
Not open for further replies.