Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Think it’s pretty clear he’s in the doghouse.

I don’t think ole was too impressed at the timing of the wedding.
If he is shit then we should sell him and bring a replacement. If this is some sort of ideological nonsense then seriously we can't afford this bs

Revaulx

If he is shit then we should sell him and bring a replacement. If this is some sort of ideological nonsense then seriously we can't afford this bs
By ideological nonsense, do you mean that Ole has it in for him simply because he isn’t an Honest Hard-Working British Lad? If so then that’s going to take us (and Ole) nowhere.

Fred isn’t shit; there’s plenty to like in his game. He does have major weaknesses which need working on. If the management is trying to get him to focus on this and he’s constantly skipping off on weddings or holidays, then they are absolutely right to put him in the doghouse and with any luck will get rid of him at the earliest opportunity. Replacing departing players doesn’t seem to be in fashion right now though :(

devilish

By ideological nonsense, do you mean that Ole has it in for him simply because he isn’t an Honest Hard-Working British Lad? If so then that’s going to take us (and Ole) nowhere.

Fred isn’t shit; there’s plenty to like in his game. He does have major weaknesses which need working on. If the management is trying to get him to focus on this and he’s constantly skipping off on weddings or holidays, then they are absolutely right to put him in the doghouse and with any luck will get rid of him at the earliest opportunity. Replacing departing players doesn’t seem to be in fashion right now though :(
My point is that our option in CM are so limited that we cannot really afford snubbing anybody. Out of 5 options we seem to have issues with 3 of them (Matic, Fred and Pogba). That's beyond the ridiculous

Molde is failing to persuade players to come/the club to spend and he's also failing to persuade his players to give their 100% for him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think you misunderstood me. I don't think Ole thinks he's "shit" but he's obviously out of favour due to missing most of pre season. I doubt management thought that was very wise.

If we did think he was why didn't we sell him to Fiorentina? perhaps their offer wasn't good enough or we couldn't get a replacement.

I didn't think he was THAT bad last year apart from the silly individual mistakes, there's plenty to work with.

Revaulx

My point is that our option in CM are so limited that we cannot really afford snubbing anybody. Out of 5 options we seem to have issues with 3 of them (Matic, Fred and Pogba). That's beyond the ridiculous

Molde is failing to persuade players to come/the club to spend and he's also failing to persuade his players to give their 100% for him
Well I’m far from convinced by Ole and agree that playing Pogba so deep is daft. In Matic and Fred’s cases I really don’t understand how he can be held responsible for their apparent lack of professionalism.

If not signing any midfielders is actually down to Ole not wanting any, then he’s obviously a total idiot and deserves to be sacked. We don’t know that though.

Smores

It's a matter of formation over selection really, until we change to a midfield 3 i can't see him getting many games.

I'd also expect Pereira to be preferred as he's an academy product and younger so keeps the average age down which apparently makes poor results more forgivable.

fps

He's barely been given a chance. He's had a few good games and a number of average games.

I think he's lost the ball once or twice deep in midfield with one occasion leading to a goal, that's the only part of his game people seem to remember. The rest of the time he's been quick on and off the ball, good at linking up play and winning the ball back. We'd be a far better team with him in the side.
He hasn't been given a chance because two successive managers have seen him in training and think he's rubbish.

Alemar

I'd also expect Pereira to be preferred as he's an academy product and younger so keeps the average age down which apparently makes poor results more forgivable.
If he is bothered with average age, he may play Gomes and Greenwood in starting 11 instead of Mata and Lingard/Pereira. He will then drop this age down very seriously

It's a matter of formation over selection really, until we change to a midfield 3 i can't see him getting many games.

We would have to play a midfield 7 in order for him to be worthy of a place.

Pereira is only 2 years younger. Your theory doesn’t explain why Matic is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order - perhaps it’s because Fred is a poor player?

Alabaster Codify7

Fred strikes me as a player who's going to leave next summer with us never finding out the reasons behind what actually happened.

devilish

Well I’m far from convinced by Ole and agree that playing Pogba so deep is daft. In Matic and Fred’s cases I really don’t understand how he can be held responsible for their apparent lack of professionalism.

If not signing any midfielders is actually down to Ole not wanting any, then he’s obviously a total idiot and deserves to be sacked. We don’t know that though.
We might not have signed a midfielder for 3 reasons

A- Ole felt that it wasn't needed
B- Ole failed to persuade the club to spend more money
C- Ole failed to persuade players in joining his project

Irrespective of all that we can't afford snubbing the players we've got.

devilish

Think you misunderstood me. I don't think Ole thinks he's "shit" but he's obviously out of favour due to missing most of pre season. I doubt management thought that was very wise.

If we did think he was why didn't we sell him to Fiorentina? perhaps their offer wasn't good enough or we couldn't get a replacement.

I didn't think he was THAT bad last year apart from the silly individual mistakes, there's plenty to work with.
Irrespective of that we can't leave Fred out cold. We simply lack the numbers to do so. Molde needs to understand that beggars can't be choosers. With such limited options websimply have to use every player at our disposal

OleGunnar20

Seems this'll be another failed transfer, shame.

I like Ole's purchases so far and hope that in 2 or 3 windows time we'll be looking at a much improved squad, one we can get behind. It's an annoyance, but with the shambles we've been it's to be expected really.

jeepers

As much as people (including me) think Fred isn’t good enough, I still think he should play ahead of Lingard.

— McT ——— Fred —
——— Pogba ———

I still think Fred is too inconsistent with the basics for a professional - first touch, weight of passing, holding the ball.

I don’t know why he’s been so shite since coming here. He has shown glimpses. I didn’t follow him at Shakhtar but looked a decent enough (not for 50m though) midfielder.

Mr PG

Fred is quite good and played well on all the big games towards end of season before he was inexplicably dropped.

He losses the ball occasionally (that’s why he should be played further forward) but he’s much more dynamic than Herrera.

People here don’t realize Herrera said left because he was told he would be way down the pecking order as far as midfielders go.

Fred is behind Mctominay because the former is better defensively.

Ole needs to wake the f up as Perreira is utterly useless. To play him and lingard ahead of Fred is malpractice.

Silas

Fred is quite good and played well on all the big games towards end of season before he was inexplicably dropped.

He losses the ball occasionally (that’s why he should be played further forward) but he’s much more dynamic than Herrera.

People here don’t realize Herrera said left because he was told he would be way down the pecking order as far as midfielders go.

Fred is behind Mctominay because the former is better defensively.

Ole needs to wake the f up as Perreira is utterly useless. To play him and lingard ahead of Fred is malpractice.
Where'd you see that?

acnumber9

It seems our manager doesn’t realise that either.

tenpoless

I feel like being mean to him. Play him as a single midfielder, move Pogba as Second Striker and replace Mc Tomminay with Martial, play with 2 CFs up front.

Let's see what He can do. Either He swims or He drowns. Either He becomes a solution or We find him cursing Ole in Portugese. :lol:

Mr PG

It seems our manager doesn’t realise that either.
Herrera clearly indicated his decision to leave was mainly due to what he was told his role in the coming season would be.... and that can only mean down the Peking order. In a 2 man midfield Ole clearly prefers Mc Tominay alongside Pogba as he’s more defensively secure.

Grande

Herrera clearly indicated his decision to leave was mainly due to what he was told his role in the coming season would be.... and that can only mean down the Peking order. In a 2 man midfield Ole clearly prefers Mc Tominay alongside Pogba as he’s more defensively secure.
You are mistaken. Herrera is gone because he didn’t get a contract offer from United before his contract was about to run down. Then he got a three year contract offer on something like 250 000 a week from PSG, which we reasonably enough didn’t match.

When he was here, Solskjær picked him consistently, and he himself said Solskjær had tried to convince him to stay, but the offers just weren’t in the same ballpark.

acnumber9

When did he do this? I’ll wait.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That was true under Mourinho where he was barely played and didn't get a new offer. He'd already decided to leave when Ole came in, at which time he was moved back into first choice and offered a new contract but it was too late.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd love to know what's going on, if Pereira and Mctominay are keeping you out of the team then you must have big problems, and to add insult you have the Ole bashing Matic keeping you off the bench too.

snowkarl

I'd love to know what's going on, if Pereira and Mctominay are keeping you out of the team then you must have big problems, and to add insult you have the Ole bashing Matic keeping you off the bench too.
Exactly.

If you can't even make the match day squad with the abysmal, shocking midfield we have and even OGS won't consider you after getting benched by Jose, you are probably never going to make it.

This guy is a total headless chicken and loses the ball constantly, makes insane, rash tackles and possesses the height & strength of a 12 year old child. Should never have been bought.

The arrogance to book a holiday thinking you'd get into the Brazil squad after his performances this winter :lol::lol: And now posting holiday pics from Greece, Jesus Christ.

Yakuza_devils

IMO, Fred is easily better than Lingard and Pereira in midfield. He is behind Pogba and McT. However, I think we should play Pogba higher up the pitch and Fred deeper.

I know he makes some silly mistakes sometimes. But we just have to take some risks and play him because we are really short in quality in midfield.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Does anyone remember what sort of player Fred is? I can't even imagine what he'd look like in our team now. Feels like absolute ages since he was on a pitch.

Tarrou

Has he actually had an injury?

or is he just not fit enough?

if its the latter it does not bode well for him

Silas

Does anyone remember what sort of player Fred is? I can't even imagine what he'd look like in our team now. Feels like absolute ages since he was on a pitch.
Helps the opposition break up play.

haram

Is it wrong for me to say that he should be at Carrington and not on fecking holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.