Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
He moves the ball better than our other midfielders (apart from Pogba)

Nick7

Thought he was good, probably our best player overall. Still a work in progress though.

sillwuka

I liked what he did tonight, he keeps the ball ticking well but remains to be seen if he can do the same against Premier League opposition..

One thing with Fred is, you have to accept he will make a couple minor mistakes each game. I would start him next game.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Was he really that bad? Seeing come criticism of him but I thought he brought a fair bit of energy for us in the middle.
Not world class by any means but not worth some of the negativity I'm reading.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Still chaotic but glad he at least made that pass to Greenwood.

His shots were more dangerous than our whole attacking lineup's in the first half.

scoi

Fred and Pogba do not occupy the same position in the slightest. We are currently playing Pogba out of position. Fred is a b2b or a defensive mid in a pivot. Pogba is a creative mid or a 10, even left midfield in some systems. They both want to occupy completely different zones.

Pogba
-
Fred - DM

Pogba------------------
--------------Fred
DM

Pogba --------------- James/RM
DM - Fred
Those would function just fine with both in them.
Give this man/woman a gold star.

Too many people judging our midfielders incorrectly.

Sylar

Has a nice strike from outside the box. Given our midfielders we arent built for a two man midfield esp if we gonna play Pogba or matic. But him and McT would be an interesting two.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This is pretty much his performance in every game he's started for us. The amount of times I've seen this post is funny.
Strange you say that as I'd say it's almost the exact opposite. Fred has had a lot of games where he's started poorly for the first 15 minutes or so, before getting his act together for the rest of the match.

Kag

I’d play him in the first team. I’m not sold, and probably never will be, but at the very least he’ll press the ball, attempt to move it quicker and actually show for the bloody thing. Which is more that can be said for some.

Pogba can’t continue as deep as he has been and by virtue of being the only other central midfielder we have apart from Matic, we’re left little option but to give him a proper go.

acnumber9

He’s shite. And he doesn’t have Matic’s excuse of being incapable of running.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I thought he was probably our best player tonight, along with Dalot. Has a big future here I think, if he can be consistent.

Zoo

Fred and McTominay need a run with Pogba given a free role ahead of them.

Mcking

He moves the ball better than our other midfielders (apart from Pogba)
He moves the ball better than Pogba too. One good thing about Fred is that he is always getting himself on the ball. A good change from the often anonymous McTominay and Pereira.

RMD83

I thought he looked good today against an albeit weak team. I’m still not convinced but if he can stamp down a starting place going forward and perform like the sort of player we were expecting (and the player he’s shown glimpses of) then I genuinely believe he could be a huge factor in us having a better season than expected.

Maureen-yo

I thought he was probably our best player tonight, along with Dalot. Has a big future here I think, if he can be consistent.
I’d agree about tonight’s performance. Switched the play well, chose the right passes, always showed for the ball. He had less impact as the game went on but thought that was more to do with the personnel around him not making the same runs/movement.

He needs to be playing with McTominay and Pogba. He's the only midfielder we have that would complement them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he was fine but he just exudes panic when he's on the ball. Like, when he has it, you're mind goes to "please don't lose it". He never looks like he's in full control of the ball.

edgar allan

I felt he had a good game. It's good to see the stats back that up.

Obviously against a weak team but still I thought he was our best player today.

Your can only play what's in front of you, bla bla.
He was pretty average i thought, although better than matic. Gave the ball away a good bit, he just doesn't excel at anything

AJ10

Has this ability where he can't control the ball and look like he's playing on ice but decent performance nonetheless.

Him Mct
pogba

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Must have been well putt off by everyone shouting "shoooooot" every time the ball came to him :lol:

Alemar

1 assist, 1 long shot off the crossbar, also he’s hit a free kick on target.

All in all, a decent game.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Will be better with more games, and playing alongside McTominay, would like to see that on Sunday, with Pogba (if fit) in front of them.

Velvet Revolver

Was he really that bad? Seeing come criticism of him but I thought he brought a fair bit of energy for us in the middle.
Not world class by any means but not worth some of the negativity I'm reading.
It's the 'we dont like certain players no matter how well they play brigage'. He was good today, doesnt help him he had a the 5 touch and then pass matic next to him

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It's clear to see that Fred is improving each game. He's a class act & needs to consistently play more for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pity they don’t have the stat for most touches. He’d win that by a country mile. Seems to need an extraordinary number of touches before he’s able to play a pass.
He took 155 touches, so not that many extra.

The White Pele

A mildly encouraging display I thought which, given our lack of midfield options, means he could start contributing to the first XI

Raven

Thought he was good today, clear as day that our best midfield is Fred and McTerminator with Pogba ahead of them.

Tarrou

Thought he played well, but faded a bit which is understandable. I have my doubts about him but for now I much rather him start than Matic.

If he ever attempts a shot or difficult pass with his right foot though, he should be fined a weeks wages and dropped for a week.

Based Adnan

Done ok. Hard to be so progressive in the passing vs a team who had everyone behind the ball for most of the game. Feel he's at his best with McTominay besides him. Hopefully we see those 2 on the weekend with Pogba pushed further ahead.

Matst1

Posts in this thread:

-He’s crap, don’t see the point in him

-Thought he did well tonight

-Pointless player

-Really good game, hope he kicks on

-Rubbish game, always loses the ball

-Did well with his passing, impressive

The state of this place

Status
Not open for further replies.