6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Played well considering how bad he usually is. He had one moment of madness with a cross field pass to Wan Bissaka which was intercepted but ended up winning it back after.

Robertd0803

Wont ever control a midfield but was great today covering ground and chasing things down.

OldTrevil

Overall a good performance even though he was sloppy in a few instances. People should stop acting as if he has been playing crap for years. His second season in a new league, coinciding with the whole team in shambles and low on confidence, and you can understand why it would take time to fully settle with the team. Ole is right to keep him in the team instead of the hopeless Matic.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Same as Perreira, doubts remain but showed personality today. Fans will stay with them when they show that application and the bravery to take the ball and try to do the right thing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s basically a nothing special of player. Not a type of player you will expect to dominate the midfield, control the midfield, dictate the tempo. Tom Cleverley is his level. He did well today though.

fps

Well, I saw more of him today and certainly enough to suggest he's a starter from this squad. He needs games, and if he gets them he will improve further.

Ace of Spades

This is basically the problem we have. He is decent enough as a work horse, but he does not have the quality to be top CM. We need better CMs if we are going to control games better.

Jam

Same as Perreira, doubts remain but showed personality today. Fans will stay with them when they show that application and the bravery to take the ball and try to do the right thing.
This. Trying and not succeeding is one thing, but not even attempting to be involved or moving forwards is an entirely different matter.

Steven-UK

Hopefully he ll put up performances like this week in week out
He was utter dross. It's this calibre of 'player' (and I say word tongue in cheek) that is the reason why we have become a laughing stock.

Fred is no better a football player, than I am, and I have not played for 20 years.

Charlie Foley

He was utter dross. It's this calibre of 'player' (and I say word tongue in cheek) that is the reason why we have become a laughing stock.

Fred is no better a football player, than I am, and I have not played for 20 years.
He is better than you though

manunited1919

He is a workhorse, but a huge liability at the back. Almost cost us a pen at the last minute of the game with his shoulder to ball control, with or without VAR could be given.

Even today, one of his better games, he had difficulty controlling the ball and stringing simple passes together. He needs to be replaced, would rather see Garner in for him.

AlwaysRed66

I thought Fred was our poorest player, though better than useless Origi, & we were overrun in midfield when Liverpool were pushing, with Fred constantly losing the ball or out muscled. His highlights were his two shots on goal, which were not on target, & not his main function in the team.

LJJT

Thought he played well today. It was a similar game to PSG and maybe he’s better in games where it’s bums to the wall. Played well though hope it continues

Jev

Did well today but it remains really hard to see how he ever became a 50 million player. You'd think at least in patches he'd show something that would make you go: ah, there it is. But he's just so decentatbestish.

Kostov

I am baffled how so many of you describe that as a good/solid performance. He was absolute dog shit. If it wasn’t for Rojo he was probably our worst player. Can’t decide which one of him and Scott was worse.

AlwaysRed66

I am baffled how so many of you describe that as a good/solid performance. He was absolute dog shit. If it wasn’t for Rojo he was probably our worst player. Can’t decide which one of him and Scott was worse.
I know it is amazing how many think that way. Just watched Mark Goldbridge on the United stand who thought the midfield was awesome, & that Fred & McTominay deserved 8's. With Young the worst player. Must have been looking at a different match to me.

settembrini

People complaining about Fred's passing when his accuracy was 92% today...

2nd highest of our starting XI was Maguire with 81%. Everyone else was less than 70%.

He was basically the only player on our team who passed the ball well.

acnumber9

People complaining about Fred's passing when his accuracy was 92% today...

2nd highest of our starting XI was Maguire with 81%. Everyone else was less than 70%.

He was basically the only player on our team who passed the ball well.
He barely touched the ball.

::sonny::

Did well today but it remains really hard to see how he ever became a 50 million player. You'd think at least in patches he'd show something that would make you go: ah, there it is. But he's just so decentatbestish.
Today every player cost 50 million, even if you want Sean Longstaff

Litch

His passing was atrocious, gave the ball away at least three times in the second half alone. Was decent when he finally went to ground to make a tackle when we hunkered down and parked the bus.
Complete and utter nonsense.

Tosicsleftpeg

Good work rate and tackling but his ability on the ball and composure is absolutely woeful. His absolutely panic stricken shot when he was in the box after perreria took a heavy touch was hilarious.

Frank Grimes

I thought he was decent. Gave away very little possession in the first half and I was watching him closely. We were playing the best pressing team, probably in Europe, today remember. Decent 6.5 game.

dogwithabone

Don’t think he was great but steadily improved as game went on. Needs a few really good games on the spin to convince the doubters.

Andersonson

Won us the ball at times and covered alot of ground. He had one typical Fred moment too, when he lost the ball deep within our own half. Maybe his best performance for us and it was a 6/10 one. Says it all really

predator

Youth NITK
I like fred and the witch hunt by Neville made him a target for united fans because he kept going on about the price tag......

Judging his performances as a whole though, he hasnt been a success.

The basics of his game just look terrible. His passing, first touch, shooting are not what you would expect in a central midfielder who isn't renowned for their physical prowess. We all know he isn't a Matic, Fellaini, Kante, NDombele, Wijnaldum, Fernandinho.

I dont expect him to run the midfield but I expect his touch, passing, and decision making to be spot on because if not then he is simply not good enough for us.

LoCalXT

At best, good squad player. He lacks discipline to boss a midfield

SambaBoy

Played well today and going forward, I would prefer to see him than Matic in the team.

Problem with Fred, other than his inconsistency, is his tendency to get pressed in dangerous areas and give the ball away. He's not very press resistant and it has cost us a few times and nearly did today.

Devil may care

Neither him or McTominay are good enough on the ball but they worked hard and battled in the midfield, which is all we can ask for the level they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.