6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

He was incredibly wasteful and hopeless at doing anything useful with it.
Who was better than him today? For what it's worth none of them deserve credit, even Fred. But if we comparing who was the best of a bad bunch, he was.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was really good today. Seemed to get to every 2nd ball or loose ball and kept us moving as well as getting back at people and making some good interceptions. Easily our man of match.

Obiorahking_

You could say the exact same for most of our team to be fair.
I agree wholeheartedly and that’s really our main issue. It’s been clear we’ve been lacking starting quality players for ages but now it’s to the point that the guys that we field can’t even cut it as back up players. Lingard, AP, Mata, Fred, Matic... our midfield hasn’t been this bad since David moyes

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Who was better than him today? For what it's worth none of them deserve credit, even Fred. But if we comparing who was the best of a bad bunch, he was.
What's that got to do with anything? This was one of Fred's best performances, whereas for most it was up there with their worst. This is the Fred thread.

ReddBalls

Calling Fred shit after today's game is kind of revealing of peoples biases and football knowledge. He was one of few who actually did his job, and he did it well. Had the others been up to speed, United would have won.

JoaquinJoaquin

Calling Fred shit after today's game is kind of revealing of peoples biases and football knowledge. He was one of few who actually did his job, and he did it well. Had the others been up to speed, United would have won.
This.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
How did he do his job? Bournemouth kept strolling past our midfield and again and again our defenders was forced into hitting long because Fred was hiding, and when he did show for the ball he just passed it straight back. Just because he is hustling and bustling a lot and makes some last ditch challenges does not make it a good game.

Superunknown

We may look at Fred and wonder if he's a good player for us in the long term, but I thought he was alright today. He tried moving the ball on and had one or two efforts, although they were quite weak. I can't really say that any of our players performed well, but I think he was one of our better ones against Bournemouth. Pereira was the obvious weak link in midfield.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think people are starting to have an agenda on this guy. I thought today he played very well. McTomminay was very bad, while Fred was the opposite of McTomminay’s performance. Pereira was useless. One man in midfield today.

A-man

Think he had good focus today and tried hard, but his touch was pretty bad.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Calling Fred shit after today's game is kind of revealing of peoples biases and football knowledge.
Seems the exact opposite to me. Being impressed by what was on show today is certainly revealing of football knowledge though.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I think people are being blinded by his relatively good start to the match. He was not good today. He was better than he's often been, but nowhere near enough to deserve to start. Of course, Pereira and Scott weren't any good either, Pereira in particular was atrocious.

ReddBalls

Bournemouth kept strolling past our midfield and again and again our defenders was forced into hitting long because Fred was hiding, and when he did show for the ball he just passed it straight back. Just because he is hustling and bustling a lot and makes some last ditch challenges does not make it a good game.
They kept strolling by because of McTominay and Pereria. Fred hiding today? You obviously didn't see the game. He is by all means not a fantastic footballer, but he played well today.

Litch

Was our best player today. Anyone saying otherwise is just biased at this point.
Spot on. Some of the crap said about him is ridiculous. If you need a scapegoat, go looking somewhere else like pin up boy AP.

Edy2

He is nowhere near good enough from what I've seen. Should be out the door at some point but there are a fair few in line ahead of him for that.

Mcking

Most of that we already knew. Those stats basically say he got on the ball and did some passes. Not sure what those chances were mind.
Well, he got on the ball, put us on the front foot, picked out the forwards and occasionally broke lines with his passing. He retained possession well, threatened in attack, tested the keeper and did his fair share of defending.
It was in fact a good performance, and if his teammates managed to perform to the same standard, then we'd have gotten a result.

Geekie

was twice the player Mctominay was today, didn't know he has some of those passes in him

Irwin99

A 6 out of 10. Solid if unspectacular, nowhere near as bad as people claim.

I really dislike this formation with essentially 2 deep midfielders. I just think both Fred and Mctom would be helped out with another body in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.